Boulder Medical Center Employee Reviews

This place sucks
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 19, 2018
Business Office management (If that is what you want to call them) couldn't find their way out of a paper bag. They hire a 24 year old front end supervisor who has not one ounce of experience. This place was a proverbial s**t show after the original management left.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Loved interacting with the patients and most of the staff...made amazing friends that I still have to this day!
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 14, 2018
In the time I was working at BMC, I saw 2 amazing business office coordinates do their best to make the front end work. They worked with my schooled when I went back to school, and with my time when I needed to kids to certain appointments. However, with time change, comes change in management. New manager comes, I felt like she hated me from the get go, since I started and because I was all "natural" I would never fit in her "click." I wasn't planning on leaving, but she had other plans. So I decided to move on and leave before she had the chance of firing me.

From what I hear, there is a large turn around rate, because no one wants to stay and deal with the whatever goes on there now. It was never this bad when my former 2 business office coordinators were in charge because they had management material and knew what they were doing. This other person had NO experience. Huge difference.
Pros
Loved the patients, built rapport with them even staff in different areas of the hospital
Cons
Clicks were noticeable
Small time culture
EHR and software trainer/Helpdesk specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 25, 2018
There was no training program for new employees that needed to learn the software and then turn around and train it. There was no opportunity to be taught by an expert on how the program worked. There was a false sense of accomplishment given by direct management only to be blindsided when upper management was present. They will always flounder in their small time culture and it is sad for all the dedicated people that take so much pride in taking care of patients there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Very judgmental place.
Horrible place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 24, 2018
No one cares about you just a body. I would never recommend this place. I quit because management treated you like a number. I didn’t see my manager once while working there. Every one seemed stressed and was just trying to pay their bills.
Low compensation
Float Nurse, OB/GYN and Urgent Care (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 21, 2018
RN wages significantly lower than the state average when I worked there. High turn over of MD staff. The company has three different locations, Boulder, Lousiville, and Foothills.
terrible management
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 19, 2017
While the company was very open to a new model of care in the beginning, they did not at all support me in this new role. The staff was very nice but management deceiving and cut-throat and only money oriented, not the patients and clients.
Great place to work and grow in the medical field
Administration (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 8, 2017
Boulder Medical Center is a large company but it has a small company feel which makes it a great place to work! It is such a great place to work that there are employees who have been with BMC for decades. Because we are an out-patient clinic, there is a work-life balance that you can't find at hospitals - no weekends and no night shifts! You work hard while at BMC but have the time off that you need to rejuvenate outside of work with up to three weeks of PTO earned in your first year. Most of all, its the people at BMC that make it a great place to work. You can see how much they enjoy working with each other and our patients every day!
Pros
co-workers, community
A fantastic place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 2, 2017
I've worked at Boulder Medical Center for 8 months. I was told on my first day that "you landed in a good place" and I am happy to report that this is true! My job is fast-paced, which I really like (never a dull moment). Everyone I've met, including my supervisor, is very supportive, accepting of my ideas, and is interested in helping me grow in my position.

This organization is locally owned by many of the physicians who practice here. Although Boulder Medical Center has over 300 employees and 80 medical providers, I feel like I'm working for a small business. I always feel valued and cared about. Perhaps that is why many employees have been with Boulder Medical Center for decades!

This company is growing - and growing fast! We're adding doctors and locations and making internal changes that will help us serve our patients better. One of the most challenging parts of my job is keeping up with these changes - a challenge, but as I said earlier, everyone is super supportive and positive. I also experience a lot of variety in the job I do; never a dull moment.

I work hard here and also have a healthy work/life balance. I feel fortunate that I landed at Boulder Medical Center
Pros
Locally owned and operated health care company. Friendly and supportive staff and providers.
Opportunities to learn
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2017
At Boulder Medical Center there are many specialties, therefore an environment that encourages growth. The hardest part of my job as a float, is when I am unable to fill the shoes of the MA I am filling in for. Administration is very supportive.
Great place to work and learn.
REGISTERED NURSE, BSN (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 9, 2017
I have enjoyed the experiences of the different departments I've had the opportunity to work in. The physicians I have worked with are very knowledgeable and caring individuals.
Overall good place to work
Nuclear/EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 21, 2016
Amazing coworkers and doctors. Some flows in upper management.
Overall good patient care, there are patients being served for over 20 to 30 years. Great Nuclear and Cardiology Department.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Patients are what count
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  BoulderFebruary 18, 2015
The hardest part of the job was learning the doctor's needs for scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients who were happy. Most of my co-workers were wonderful. Management could use some communication work. A very busy medical center which is part of what made it enjoyable for me.
Boulder Medical Center is a great job for new MA's. The people are great, but you do more paperwork then patient care
EMT/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 23, 2014
I worked in the orthopedics deptment and did 90% paperwork. The people were very nice,but I expected to do much more patient care. I did move over to the urgent care where I was allowed to do more patient care, but because of the fact that they were staffed with all RN's except for me again I was limited on what I ws allowed to do. They are very out of date on equipment and pay.
It was a good place to work.
EMR Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 17, 2014
It was fine. Not much to tell. Some decent people to work with.
Good work invironment and friendly staff
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMarch 26, 2014
Large company with a lot of doctors and staff. Patients love coming to this clinic and they also bring in their other family members because they get one on one care.
Pros
Good doctors and co-workers.
Cons
Great job with ability to learn
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 18, 2014
learned a lot on the job for multiple providers. Kept busy all the time.
Pros
busy
Cons
worked through lunch most of the time
i like the job traing is slow and no patience
Medical Coding Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 14, 2014
the teachers can be up and down patience... people working are hard to along with in the data processing department
Pros
beautuful scenic routes to work
Cons
the management have no considerations in bad weather got to be there no matter what
department works well together
Business Office Rep II/Coder (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 2, 2013
Department members work well together. Manager is always open to try new ways of doing things
Management is very Involved in your minute by minute production
Insurance Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, ColoradoSeptember 4, 2013
There is little or no wiggle room in your job and day to day function. A manager is always reviewing, checking and berating you on your work.
employees were great
Medical Records Clerk / Switch board operator (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 8, 2013
management and benefits were poor. got sick and management did not understand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boulder Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Boulder Medical Center Reviews by Location