Boutique Air Employee Reviews

Fun job with hardworking coworkers; unfortunately it's poorly ran and abusive.
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEAugust 15, 2018
Fun job with hardworking coworkers; unfortunately it's poorly ran and abusive. Pros: coworkers, fun and interesting industry, pleasant passengers. Cons: poor organization, long hours, ungrateful management, angry passengers
Pros
coworkers, fun and interesting industry, pleasant passengers
Cons
poor organization, long hours, ungrateful management, angry passengers
Horrible, pressure to perform illegal maintenance
Shift Supervisor / A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
Dont work here. Not a good place to work, they will give you extreme pressure to perform illegal maintenance. The aircraft are unsafe, They have 9 different complaint with the FAA.
Maintenance is going to kill the company
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2018
They are under current FAA audits for poor maintenance practices. There has not been a single day of flying where a maintenance issues doesn’t come up in months. The company was better when I first started but over the past 4 months things have went downhill very quickly. The company will end up killing an aircraft full of people before something changes.
Fun Place To Work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Inyokern, CAMay 5, 2018
I would recommend working at Boutique, it's a fun job in a great environment with lots of advancement opportunities. Our location was closed otherwise I would still be working for boutique.
Going down hill
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2018
Work is very stressful. Line flying is poorly going downhill. There is serious disorganization crisis in training. Some people are amazing there. This company doesnt deserve these good peoples time, but they are loyal workers. There is alot of potential here if they perfect what they have or even pull back some.
Pros
Used to be a large amount of potential
Cons
The whole thing right now.
If they stay in business they will crash a plane one day!
Quality Assurance Manager / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Worse place I have ever worked! They are currently under a FAA investigation due to rushed and substandard maintenance practices. Honestly I am surprised they have not killed anyone yet!
Pros
Cons
Everything, If they stay in business they will crash a plane one day.
New Company with a desire to be the best, at the expense of their own employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great company to work for if you are looking to become a pilot or grow in the company. In order to make that happen you will be expected to sacrifice absolutely everything else. Your life will be the company, you will be expected to appreciate making next to nothing for the work you put in, and your thoughts and ideas will fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Room to grow and learn, great culture at the lower level
Cons
Expected to put work above all else, employees treated as a commodity with a price tag, complete disconnect from upper level management and the rest of the company
Easygoing job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed everything about the job; easy work day, i learned a lot, met new people, no hard part. We checked passengers in, we got their luggage on/off plane, input data., communicate with team.
Great job working with passengers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2017
Training class crammed in one week. Not organized.

Initial Supervisor terrific after he left, went downhill.

Temp Supervisor had no leadership, ignored issues brought to attention.

They allow negative toxic individuals to work there. Creating a very negative environment.
Pros
Salary, flight benefits
Cons
No leadership, supervision, toxic employees
Boutique
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2017
There is no leadership there, we have been without a supervisor for months and this is the 2nd time this has happened in the past year. They allow some employees to have hair color but not others. They make no one accountable for making sure the work is done so that people like me end up doing most of the work. Very poor company to work for.
New and taking too big of steps
MX (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2017
Every minute of the day multiple, almost impossible, tasks to accomplish to keep company above water. Too ambitious with little, to no aviation experience at HQ
Pros
Great location of MX Bases
Cons
Lack of HQ support for employees and low moral
Great company for those looking to get experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
Overall, the company has proven that if you put in the work you can grow. Over the course of 2 years I have managed to be promoted to three different job titles.
Pros
Opportunity to grow within the company
Cons
Poor communication, no flight benefits, management structure is not in place.
Lots of Opportunity, Small Business Pains
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver and SurrroundingApril 23, 2017
First thing you have to realize is its a startup airline, one of the few in the last 30 years. The CEO is an original Google guy, so there are strange things we do sometimes, and some quite revolutionary things.

As a PT customer service agent, its usually PT with a lot of extra hours, if you want, especially come bad weather or irregular maintenance. If you're willing to stick it out, and possibly relocate, you can move up very quickly.

That doesn't appeal to everyone, but BTQ does have some growing pains that a small business transitioning to a medium business has. Its stressful, but its also optimistic, exciting. You can make suggestions, sometimes your CEO responds directly to you and takes them! I very much feel that as a whole, the team is very supportive, and helpful.

The FT benefits package is amazing, the pay is OK, the opportunities are incredible, the coworkers are phenomenal, and the company is truly the best I've ever worked for. I'm a part of a bigger picture, which is more than you can usually say at a job.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits, opportunity
Cons
If you want a regular 9-5, probably not for you. That's very, very standard in aviation though
Poor Communication
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTApril 2, 2017
They scheduled a phone interview via email. They missed the interview but didn't let me know until the next day via email. They wanted me to reschedule but my feeling was if they didn't have the courtesy to pick up a phone and let me know they could make the interview they probably didn't care much for their employees. Not a place I wanted to work.
Pros
Cons
Above
Relaxed environment with not much to do.
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Management does not communicate with you. They have horrible communication skills and lack of training. If you want to work here.. don't. Long hours no days off.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good if youre a college student
Cons
Poor management, unorganized.
Part TIme Job that requires Full Time Work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORJanuary 26, 2017
$11.00 an hour, 25 hours a week, and you have to do everything that a Service Counter associate would do, assist the pilots with their jobs, and act as a call center representative all at once. They want you to cram 40 hours worth of work into a 25 hour week, and for minimal pay.

Not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Fly free on stand by, if there's an empty seat on the 8 seat plane, or buy a seat for 50
Cons
Too little pay for what they expect to be done in a 7 hour shift. They need their own call center.
understaffed/over worked = very poor employee retention
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2017
As a Dispatcher for Boutique, they are severely understaffed which results in there being too much work load for 1 person to handle. You are the "catch all" for the company and end up handling things that are not you job because no one else is there to do it. If you like working in a small secluded office with no time for breaks and a job that you are constantly behind in, this is the one. Also, good luck having any chance for advancement unless you want to be on-call 24 hrs a day during your shifts, because I witnessed on numerous occasions the managers having to pull 18-24 hour work days due to excessive problems and being understaffed. This airline is over extended and many days wouldn't have enough working aircraft to fly the routes required. Not worth the stress for the pay you receive.
Pros
one time we got pizza, but that was only to keep us from quitting.
Cons
no breaks, understaffed, overworked, massive airline disfunction, unnecessary problems resulting in high stress.
Killed my Soul
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2016
I was the first employee in the Denver location ever. I worked 15 hours a day for 27 days straight to be passed up for promotions twice by people that I had trained. Management does not listen to employees and even says that they are "just complaining". I worked at this company for a year and a half and when I expressed how I felt, the response I was given was "ok". While when I got hired, I was told of advancement opportunities here. However, it's all about who you become friends with and who you buy lunch for. Overall great coworkers and the crew is lovely as well, but high turn over due to politics, uninvolved management, and burning out of employees with shifts sometimes exceeding 15 hours.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything Else
This job sucks
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 3, 2016
Boutique Air is run by complete bafoons. Management does not listen to it's employees AT ALL! There is a serious lack of respect for all employees. They upgraded a CSA who had been here for a week to the manager and he works a shift that does not even help the team. If you so much as try to stand up for yourself because of the unfair treatment, they will fire you. Nobody here is on your side or willing to help. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Unethical
Chief Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2016
Unethical practices in operations and in maintenance.
Long hours at a salary wage
Takes advantage of employees personal phone usage, reimbursement of expenses for companies operation such as purchasing office supplies, shop supplies, tooling, etc.

Strong growing company with growing pains.
Good opportunity to grow and possibly investment opportunities
Good pay for industry standards
Great health benefits that cover just about anything
Pros
Pays well and great health benefits
Cons
Company is very reactive and not proactive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boutique Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2