Boutique Air Employee Reviews

I don’t know how they are still an airline
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  USAApril 15, 2019
As a Full-Time employee, I was able to really see exactly who and what this company cares about. I have never worked for a company that cares so little about their employees The HR department is a joke. After 10-15 emails, I finally got my health insurance. It took me over 3 months. I’ve heard that is taken up to 6 months for some pilots & other FT employees. Another way that I know they don’t care about their employees is through their staffing. They will run you into the ground. They will not hire CSA’s for you because they are cheap. If they ever do hire you an employee, it will take you 3 months to see them actual working. Why? HR department is a joke. They don’t respond to emails. They don’t fill out forms correctly resulting in the process taking even longer. I could go on and on. Another thing, dispatch is poorly ran. It’s an airline. There is going be delays due to maintenance and weather. I get that. When you know a plane needs to be fixed, stop putting bandaids on it and having it break down every few flights. Dispatch will tell you that you are only delayed an hour when everybody knows the plane will never fly that day. Leaving all the passengers stranded. That’s another thing. They don’t care about their employees and they sure don’t care about how their passengers feel. There are many things. Those are just a few. The only way this company will improve is if they actually get people qualified for upper management positions. It’s basically a bunch of monkeys running it now. The ONLY thing I can say positively is that the pilots are incredible. I couldn’t say enough  more... good things about them. Also, my regional manager was really great as well. And the team that I built, unreal. No better employees or team in the company. All in all, don’t work for this company. Just save yourself. It’s not worth it, I promise.  less
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
Upper management/lead team, HR department, insurance, schedule, lack of care for employees
Unprofessional & unorganized
Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 14, 2019
The first red flag was when I had to email the interview manager 40 mins after our scheduled time to see if he was still planning to call... He hired me over the phone then left the company the following week. Boutique Air recently opened a base in PIT which meant the entire hiring process was done remotely. It was such a nightmare. They expected me to email my SSN#, passport, and other personal information to them which I wasn’t comfortable with. Within the first few weeks of being operational at PIT, they went through three managers. Every time I tried to set up my training schedule, I talked to someone new. The hiring department was incredibly rude and unprofessional, and they spelled my name a different way on literally every form (it was wrong on my offer letter, drug test paperwork, etc). The CSA position is a combination of front desk & ramp duties, plus they want you to take reservations for the entire company like a call center. I have never seen a company run so poorly in my life. Stay away!
Responsibility and Experience Boost
CSA - Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  CSAFebruary 28, 2019
Working for Boutique Air teaches you to be responsible and take the airline into your own hands. You learn how to make things work and be resourceful. This is not United or Delta, but it is a family airline and provides a nice service to these communities that no one else flys to. I like working for Boutique because it has taught me many things about an airline I would never learn if I go to another. Flight benefits with other airlines are great! I can go to Europe for $80! There is new customer service management and everything seems to be getting better with it due to now there are more people to help and listen to struggles rather than before there was no support from management in customer service. I also like that people ask us all the time about Boutique Air and I like sharing the story of our success and growth
Pros
Benefits with other airlines, knowledge on many aspects of the job, good management
Cons
Onsip calls
Stay away
Captain (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2019
If you like staying in black molded crew quarters and hanging around young blackout drunken pilots this is for you. Bullying by mgt, could care less about the customer. It’s one for all, no team atmosphere. All the instructors are leaving due to schedule abuse. The owner says he’ll just replace the instructors with new ones. With who? It’s a test bed for software being developed for airline scheduling. Once it’s launched the assets will be liquidated. There’s a saying among the employees there. It’s called being “boutiqued”. It means you’ve been screwed by the company. I learned it from the director of training. Training, that’s a whole nother thread. Set yourself up with a professional group. At the gate the pilots are embarrassing, foul mouthed, and flat unprofessional. Run!!!!
Pros
Fun airplanes to fly when they work
Cons
Everything else
Total and Utter Mess
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2019
This airline is a total and utter mess. They hardly ever communicate with you about delays and cancellations and when they do it is always late and you have to deal with the passengers who are never happy. When you try to contact the HR office by phone or email you never get a response from them. You also do 10 jobs (All Airline Jobs) for the price of 1. You also never get thanked for anything. The only good thing about this job is you get training to go and work for a bigger airline
Pros
Training
Cons
No Thanks
Best pilots ever in CNY
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJanuary 26, 2019
I loved the customers an felt terrible for all their troubles the company caused. Broken planes, and not enough in the fleet to support all the schedules. Constant delays. Poor leadership. Terrible communication between team leads, delays and fuel services.
fun laid back
CSA - Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Alliance, NEJanuary 24, 2019
its a very laid back place to work i do enjoy it a lot. i was very sad to move on from this job. it will be one of my favorites for aa very long time.
Unorganized
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver International Airport, CODecember 3, 2018
After 2 months I dreaded going in to work. The management was more concerned with saving money that providing the proper tools and equipment necessary to maintain the aircraft. There were too many times when improper equipment was used to attempt to complete tasks.
I like working for a small airline
Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 14, 2018
Boutique Air is a good place to start if you want to gain experience in the Airline Business, you will get experience with costumer service and call center.
Pros
the workplace culture
Cons
Upper management doesn't care about the employees
Stay away! Horribly mismanaged, chaotic, and abusive
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver International Airport, CONovember 11, 2018
Boutique Air can be a fun way to gain some entry-level aviation experience or to get your foot in the door as a pilot (they guarantee a pilot interview to CSAs who have worked 6 months or more). Unfortunately, that's where perks stop.

The company is horribly mismanaged by an executive staff who act like children and treat their employees like nothing more than the cheap labor that they are. This is especially true at elevated levels within the customer service department. You will get no recognition for going above and beyond and will be expected to perform duties far outside of your job description. The pay is also nowhere near competitive with other airlines, but yet you will still be performing the job of multiple employees. The provided training does not adequately prepare you to work in the environment. Much of the equipment that you use on a daily basis for mission-critical tasks is unreliable, and there is no sense of urgency to correct problems that arise.

The company consistently violates labor laws and the HR department is unresponsive, likely due to the company-wide staffing problem.

Overall, if you are looking to gain part-time aviation experience, Boutique Air is a decent option. But if you're seeking a place to make a career, look elsewhere.
Pros
culture at the entry level, fellow employees
A good experience
Customer Service and Security (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 18, 2018
Working for this company is a breeze. It's a fun job most of the time and the people you work with are usually kind and laid-back. Company-wide communication mishaps are rampant but it's not so bad otherwise.
Hard workers, Poor Management
CSA - Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALAugust 31, 2018
Great co-workers, Job itself is good. However, Upper management is poor and lacks the knowledge to know whats best needed for individual stations. Important resources have been cut across the board making it impossible to do your job well there. They are a major walking liability.
Pros
Nice Passengers, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Corporate cuts across the board, poor pay, overworked, poor management
Fun job with hardworking coworkers; unfortunately it's poorly ran and abusive.
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Chadron, NEAugust 15, 2018
Fun job with hardworking coworkers; unfortunately it's poorly ran and abusive. Pros: coworkers, fun and interesting industry, pleasant passengers. Cons: poor organization, long hours, ungrateful management, angry passengers
Pros
coworkers, fun and interesting industry, pleasant passengers
Cons
poor organization, long hours, ungrateful management, angry passengers
Horrible, pressure to perform illegal maintenance
Shift Supervisor / A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
Dont work here. Not a good place to work, they will give you extreme pressure to perform illegal maintenance. The aircraft are unsafe, They have 9 different complaint with the FAA.
good peers
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
peers are good to work with, learned something about pilatus acft,work place is small but we managed to deliver acft after phase check.hardest part of the job is when we do not have special tools to accomplish the job,enjoyable is when the phase check is done acft is released and another acft is ready for another phase check
Maintenance is going to kill the company
Pilot (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 16, 2018
They are under current FAA audits for poor maintenance practices. There has not been a single day of flying where a maintenance issues doesn’t come up in months. The company was better when I first started but over the past 4 months things have went downhill very quickly. The company will end up killing an aircraft full of people before something changes.
Fun Place To Work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Inyokern, CAMay 5, 2018
I would recommend working at Boutique, it's a fun job in a great environment with lots of advancement opportunities. Our location was closed otherwise I would still be working for boutique.
Going down hill
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2018
Work is very stressful. Line flying is poorly going downhill. There is serious disorganization crisis in training. Some people are amazing there. This company doesnt deserve these good peoples time, but they are loyal workers. There is alot of potential here if they perfect what they have or even pull back some.
Pros
Used to be a large amount of potential
Cons
The whole thing right now.
If they stay in business they will crash a plane one day!
Quality Assurance Manager / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Worse place I have ever worked! They are currently under a FAA investigation due to rushed and substandard maintenance practices. Honestly I am surprised they have not killed anyone yet!
Pros
Cons
Everything, If they stay in business they will crash a plane one day.
New Company with a desire to be the best, at the expense of their own employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
This is a great company to work for if you are looking to become a pilot or grow in the company. In order to make that happen you will be expected to sacrifice absolutely everything else. Your life will be the company, you will be expected to appreciate making next to nothing for the work you put in, and your thoughts and ideas will fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Room to grow and learn, great culture at the lower level
Cons
Expected to put work above all else, employees treated as a commodity with a price tag, complete disconnect from upper level management and the rest of the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boutique Air. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3