Bowdoin College Employee Reviews

Excellent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 12, 2017
Great place for work study. I gained a lot of skills that will be useful for future jobs, including but not limited to organization, leadership, management, communication and creativity.
Day at the Track
Track and Field Assistant, Coach (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 26, 2017
A day at the track is fairly smooth, you learn something new daily in the indoor facility and you are always researching and coming across new stats. The hardest part of the job for myself was learning to recruit something that I learned to master. The most enjoyable part was actually coaching, teaching athletes something they will never forget.
Pros
perks at the college, lunch, lectures, events
Cons
heavy hours that you put in at any giving time of the day
Great student employment job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 1, 2017
Working as a student was possible and financially helpful. I enjoyed both of my jobs there and met friends there as well. Hours are very flexible. Overall good experience as a student
Productive easy going work place ,gives you the ability to work independently,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 23, 2017
It is a great place to work, benefits are reasonable. Health care very good ,staff is easy to talk to for the most part we have Christmas parties for the staff outings in the summer as a group .
Pros
You work independently
Cons
Pay is not satisfying for the work your asked to do
Was ok.. Not really getting anywhere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Moulton unionNovember 3, 2016
Was an ok experience.. I need to change jobs so I can do something I am interested in. Have been a cook for a long time..don't feel as though my heart is in it anymore
Beautiful campus, brilliant faculty and student body, best food ever.
Stewardship Programs, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 13, 2015
Spot on stewardship of VIPs and donors in gracious surroundings. Helpful colleagues, supportive supervisors, venerable and deserved reputation.
Pros
Frequent and culturally relevant lectures and events, perfect staff support for all endeavors.
Cons
Questionable practice of hiring family members.
Work Here!
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 22, 2015
Very strong organization. The employees care about working at Bowdoin. You will feel welcome! Everyone goes the extra mile. The students work hard.
Wonderful people and music.
Concert Usher (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 25, 2013
- Prepared for campus concerts by setting up tables, unlocking doors, and aiding musicians
- Planned and provided safety precautions, including capacity monitoring and emergency exit pathway lighting
Bowdoin College
Floor Manager/Student Chef (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MaineApril 25, 2012
It was a fantastic little job, I worked reasonable hours that worked around my school schedule. Usually I would walk around the cafeteria and clean. On occasion I would go to the back and help the chefs cook and deliver the food.
Pros
flexible schedule, great work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours