Bowdoin College Employee Reviews

Dead end job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 26, 2017
There is very little chance for advancement, and pay rates are very much not competitive. Benefits are extraordinarily good. Management pretends to care about employees, but has no vested interest in the human aspect.
day at work
Athletic Management to Men and Women's Lacrosse (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 31, 2018
SImple task. Came into work, clocked in and began my shift as a monitor. It was usually between 2 and 3-hour shifts. the job did not require much supervision and shifts were fairly easy to come by.
Productive easy going work place ,gives you the ability to work independently,
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 23, 2017
It is a great place to work, benefits are reasonable. Health care very good ,staff is easy to talk to for the most part we have Christmas parties for the staff outings in the summer as a group .
Pros
You work independently
Cons
Pay is not satisfying for the work your asked to do
Excellent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 12, 2017
Great place for work study. I gained a lot of skills that will be useful for future jobs, including but not limited to organization, leadership, management, communication and creativity.
Very instructive learning environment
Investment Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MESeptember 21, 2017
The Bowdoin Investments Office was a great place to learn introductory level material for investing fund management. The people I worked with were incredibly helpful and willing to answer any questions that I had on the job.
Work Here!
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 22, 2015
Very strong organization. The employees care about working at Bowdoin. You will feel welcome! Everyone goes the extra mile. The students work hard.
Great job!
Technical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 31, 2017
Great quiet place to work independently on daily tasks. Kind co-workers! Worked here as a student but would gladly work here as an adult! There are a lot of different departments and the library is always looking for new ways/positions that will increase their marketability to students, so there is room for creativity and growth within your job.
Day at the Track
Track and Field Assistant, Coach (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 26, 2017
A day at the track is fairly smooth, you learn something new daily in the indoor facility and you are always researching and coming across new stats. The hardest part of the job for myself was learning to recruit something that I learned to master. The most enjoyable part was actually coaching, teaching athletes something they will never forget.
Pros
perks at the college, lunch, lectures, events
Cons
heavy hours that you put in at any giving time of the day
Productive Place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJuly 9, 2017
Spectacular place with great people and good workers that care about top quality food and appeasing the students. You should apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sports Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 18, 2017
this review is irrelevant. not a company but great experience helping out and being involved in the athletic department. very rewarding to chip in and help out a little.
great experience
sports information (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 18, 2017
not a job. no one is going to look at this before they play on the team. this is a bug that indeed needs to fix. not everything on a resume = job but could also be considered experience.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Experience of a lifetime
na (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 18, 2017
life-long friends, doing what we love. this is not technically a job, but it takes full-time commitment and dedication to the team in order to achieve success.
Pros
great experience
Cons
Na
Consider An Honors Project
Honors Student (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 5, 2017
I pursued an independent honors project at Bowdoin College during my senior year of college. It was incredibly challenging but also rewarding. I would recommend that all Bowdoin College students seriously consider pursuing an honors project, as I felt that it was a really useful and amazing endeavor.
Great student employment job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEJune 1, 2017
Working as a student was possible and financially helpful. I enjoyed both of my jobs there and met friends there as well. Hours are very flexible. Overall good experience as a student
Amazing!
Digital Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEMay 1, 2017
If you ever get the chance to work for the Bowdoin Athletic Department or Sports Information Department - do it! Take advantage and learn as much as you can and create opportunities for yourself
Great experience
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEApril 26, 2017
Every week I get the privilege of sharing my perspective of Bowdoin with many prospective families and students. This is very enjoyable, but also very invigorating.
Bowdoin College
Floor Manager/Student Chef (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MaineApril 25, 2012
It was a fantastic little job, I worked reasonable hours that worked around my school schedule. Usually I would walk around the cafeteria and clean. On occasion I would go to the back and help the chefs cook and deliver the food.
Pros
flexible schedule, great work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours
Beautiful campus, brilliant faculty and student body, best food ever.
Stewardship Programs, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEAugust 13, 2015
Spot on stewardship of VIPs and donors in gracious surroundings. Helpful colleagues, supportive supervisors, venerable and deserved reputation.
Pros
Frequent and culturally relevant lectures and events, perfect staff support for all endeavors.
Cons
Questionable practice of hiring family members.
Was ok.. Not really getting anywhere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Moulton unionNovember 3, 2016
Was an ok experience.. I need to change jobs so I can do something I am interested in. Have been a cook for a long time..don't feel as though my heart is in it anymore
Interesting Work Place
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 2, 2016
I worked in the Bowdoin College Mathematics Departments while I was a student at the college. I ran tutorials where students for several different calculus classes came for help.