Bowen Center Employee Reviews

Fantastic Atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 12, 2018
Working at The Bowen Center is very rewarding personally. I feel that working here not only provides financially but also makes me feel like a productive member of the community. You work hard to meet the mental health needs of clients, however, your never far from support from those around you if you need it. Also has one of the best PTO recovery rates.
Pros
great atmosphere, support, Pto
Cons
Healthcare
Was still training and got fired.
Paitent support tech (Former Employee) –  Pierceton, INJuly 11, 2018
Long long story short. I was only 3 months into this job. I was at the Pierceton location. The in patient stay. I was told that the training was awesome and they would completely prepare me for this job...wrong. It was totally a sink or swim deal. And plus if you weren't in the IN crowd don't bother. Management was sketchy at best. Punishing some employees for something but not others. I was given not a lot of training and expected to know it all by a week. I was told once by a manager that I had a bad attitude. I know for a fact that is a lie. I was not in the IN crowd. I feel I was picked on and not treated fairly. Examples of poor management. When asking for a day off you fill out a form. Ok no big deal. But when that form is not even used and in was scheduled on days I asked off and wasn't even told my days were denied...this didn't only happen to me but 3 other employees I knew about. You can't leave the building with out clocking out. So if you forgot something in your car and need it clock out or you will get a point. When I was fired I was given one warning and one warning only. They didn't follow protocol and why I was fired was for reasons that every employee was doing. This was a bad to place to work. Unfortunately I did really love helping the clients but management and other employees were a total joke. You never got to leave on time. I was told to do better and I really really did try. But apparently my nose wasn't brown enough.
Pros
tried to work with my schedule
Cons
Short or no breaks. Always working over the hours your scheduled. Bad pay
Poor place to work
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJune 22, 2018
Very stressful job. Unrealistic expectations. Tons of change with management. Unreliable clients which you get in trouble for. You don’t find out information from management but rather through the grape vine of staff who have been here 2+ years. The company is more worried about billing Medicaid than helping clients. If you’re a therapist it’s the easiest job, clients are brought to you, you have your own office, and you only have to spend 45 min with clients. Skills coach’s do home visits, supposed to be with clients for 2 hours, transport them anywhere they need to go, inconsistent schedule, cannot make your own hours, unrealistic time frame to enter notes. In my years of working here 98% of Skills coach’s quit. The entire company needs to be re-evaluated in order to receive retention.
Pros
All staff days. Training. Mileage
Cons
Inconsistent schedule, unrealistic expectations for productivity, transport clients in your own vehicle, much more
Horrible place to work!!! Not what they seem. Disorganized, only care about the money!
RSP (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 25, 2018
Disingenuous company. Not supported by management, lots of gossiping, ridiculous productivity, low pay, dead-end job, repetitive note-taking, only care about RSP's having more clients, can be thrown under the bus at any minute-by staff and clients. Not worth it! Don't work there! :(
Love Bowen, Dislike the hassle of the job
Rehabilitative Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 9, 2018
Bowen is great, If you have an open mind, single, and have a great attitude.

Positives:

Paid time off every pay check. (4 hours)

Gas Reimbursement

Take home Tablets and unlimited internet

Trainings

Easy to work up in the company

Can gain a lot of Knowledge/ experience

Reimbursement for gym, and school ($500 per semester.)

Health Insurance (high price) Dental, vision, AEP (4 times per year)

Make your own schedule

Take time off if you need

Negatives:

Company constantly is changing procedures/ and if you don't get the "email" you are left to seek help by yourself

Clients will push boundaries and call at all hours of day

Bowen's motto is Self Care, yet you will feel stressed ALOT.

The productivity is high must see clients for 26 hours a week 52% bi weekly (full time) if they cancel you have to scramble to fill or take your own Paid Time Off to make up for it.

If you want to complain about ANYTHING there is no one to vent to, or find help, as soon as you do, you will be "judged".

The wear and tear on your car is awful (45,000 miles and in 1 year I hit 70,000)

No reimbursement for cleaning car, oil changes, bed bugs, lice, etc.
Pros
Gain experience
Cons
Hard on own mental health
Uncertian
Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 31, 2018
This job is currently in transition so it is a lot of uncertainty. I would not suggest this job to anyone that has a family to take care of because you are not guaranteed to meet all of your hours.
Pros
flexible
Cons
unstable
It was a new experience yes I would go back I was only summer help at the time.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 1, 2018
Like I said before it was a new experience for me. I never thought that there was that many people in this this world who need therapy. I have learn so much from this place on how to trust people with my kids. One things I can say if you can just try the place out .
Pros
you meet new people
Cons
have to look at the child molesters and keep your mouth shut.
schedule yourself, but your bosses will work to ruin everything
Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 1, 2018
i still work here.
i see about 3-5 clients per day. 1-2 hours each, however i plan it.
i don't work 40 hours, but i HAVE to ensure i am with clients at least 26 hours a week. barely ever work friday.
Corporate screws management over constantly and we blame management because of it.
the soon-to-be CEO R.R. is only interested in expan$ion
groups are taught by completely useless teachers (looking at you, cbsst)
It can be stressful, especially productivity and DCS stuff, but it's not really that bad if you're used to living an adult, not student, life.
the changes they make is what is making me leave. soon they're making it so management is following me regularly (that way two people can bill at once). they say it's so you feel "supported," but that's just how they phrase it.
PTO is 4 hours gained every two weeks, so not bad.
Pros
pto, flexible schedules
Cons
management, pay
Workplace Culture
Staff (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 21, 2018
As long as you are okay with cliques and doing other people's work this place is for you. The PTO time is great and allows for you to take work off when needed. The coworkers are great, but management is sneaky and you always feel like you're on pins and needles. Some managers are too laid back and others are extreme micromanagers. Overall it is a great job with a great purpose and mission, but the staff they have in management should change and they should put people in management who have experience in actually doing what they are getting paid to do.
Long work hours
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 13, 2018
Run fast please! This company is misleading and not honest. They only care about self. I felt like I was babysitting when parents wanted a brake from kids.
Bad place to work
Rehabilitaiton Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INJanuary 9, 2018
Don’t care at all about their employees. Corporate constantly says how the care about self care but you constantly are stressed about meeting productivity and getting admin supervision’s if you don’t meet hours.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Bad company
Terrible place to work! Don't apply there...You'll regret it if you do.
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 27, 2017
I loved the changes I was making in people's lives and the pay was pretty decent for the job type but you'll need to spend that money on a therapist for the trauma and stress management will likely put you through. Anyone who takes a job here, beware, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
Everything else
Some benefits, terrible communication
Residential Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 18, 2017
Some benefits, terrible communication and flip flopping everything all the time, never constant on much of anything. Manager was nice, but was often changed her mind.
Management poor, lack in honesty and support
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Angola, INDecember 13, 2017
From the start management is not honest about job or the requirements of the job. Working many late nights.The face time with client or service hours are all that matter. Does not matter that clients cancel. If you fail to meet 65 percent of time with clients on weekly basis; you will get fired after four times. No support and gossip about everyone, lack in honesty also. The management could careless about the clients, they are only concerned about service hours. Terrible place to work in general, and definitely not professional atmosphere.
Cons
Lack of support, honesty and many late nights are required.
Fast paced, but client centered
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Pierceton, INNovember 17, 2017
I enjoy working here, unfortunently I need to relocate though. The work is total client care centered. Over all it is a great place to work, with what I believe are great hours and pay.
Poor management .....almost hostile
Rsp (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 9, 2017
Constant turnover in management, no incentive for hard work. I was terminated after three years, right after being promoted, for making an honest mistake. To make matters worse they will fight your unemployment and slander you to anyone and everyone who may call them for a reference. They are not well respected in the community.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Poor management, lots of turnover, hostile environment
Management is terrible
Rehabilitative Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 27, 2017
Management makes a lot of mistakes and will place the blame on the case workers. The case loads are distributed unfairly and with bias. structural changes made did not help the situation either.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Good job. Flexible schedule
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 24, 2017
Good place to work. Will have to work a couple of years to get good raises and incentives. Managers are nice, benefits are good, good time off especially the longer you work there.
best / worst job of my life
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 13, 2017
You don't know the half of it, and what you think you know....that's sweet. Nice thing about it, lots of opportunity....depends on what type of opportunity that you are looking for, if it is good or bad.
Review
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 27, 2017
Working for Bowen Center has given me lots of experience in the social work field, but it's just not me ideal job and the pay is not great either. A typical day I'm with clients majority of the day and don't have time to even take a lunch most days. I have church in the evenings so I'm unable to work late therefore I have to be sure to see all my clients before 5pm. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I get to help people. My very first client ever was making great progress, but I was relocated to the Bowen Center closer to home.