Bowen Center Employee Reviews in Warsaw, IN

Terrible Place to Work
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 2, 2019
Bowen was a terrible place to work. They treated employees like cogs in a machine rather than people. I even asked once if they cared about people and the response was that they care about policies and procedures. I also have a disability and asked for a reasonable accommodation and they refused. Overall, it was the worst place I’ll ever work and should be avoided at all costs.
Bowen review.
Skills Coach (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJanuary 25, 2019
Bowen is a great place to work due to one's ability to assist mental health clients. Bowen's downfall is that they do not fully instruct their employees on federal mandated guidelines (HIPPA) that ensure client confidentiality and safety, but if you violate any of these they will terminate you. For example, I was assisting a client who did not mention he was leaving the area due to being evicted from his apartment. He left unannounced and with all possessions still within his apartment. After 6 days of no contact with client, Bowen received a phone call from his apartment manager that there was a dog barking with the client's residence. The manager, at my request, opened the apartment so I could perform a wellness check on the client. The only one in the apartment was the dog. The apartment manager ordered me to remove the dog, which I did to a humane shelter so the dog could receive the assistance it needed. I did not know that this was a HIPPA violation due to removal of a client's property from their residence without client's permission. Subsequently I was terminated for this action which I believed was doing the next right thing; being unaware of the HIPPA breach.
Pros
Great ability to assist the mentally ill.
Cons
Poor supervision.
Stressfull
MHT (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 2, 2018
Understaffed and stressful with no chance of career advancement.

Overworked very poorly compensated and under appreciated

Unreliable management team and no support provided by management
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Very stressful
Administrative Assistant training (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 9, 2018
Not given the foundation to have a successful career. Management not very supportive or helpful. New building and office space. Good location in Warsaw.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Stressful
Fun working environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 16, 2018
Very high paced and stressful due to working with people in need. Fun job when working with children but also very unpredictable as day to day can change very quickly.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
A lot to keep up with and be responsible for at low wages, You have to use your car and there is limited compensation for wear on car.
Fantastic Atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 12, 2018
Working at The Bowen Center is very rewarding personally. I feel that working here not only provides financially but also makes me feel like a productive member of the community. You work hard to meet the mental health needs of clients, however, your never far from support from those around you if you need it. Also has one of the best PTO recovery rates.
Pros
great atmosphere, support, Pto
Cons
Healthcare
schedule yourself, but your bosses will work to ruin everything
Skills Coach (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 1, 2018
i still work here.
i see about 3-5 clients per day. 1-2 hours each, however i plan it.
i don't work 40 hours, but i HAVE to ensure i am with clients at least 26 hours a week. barely ever work friday.
Corporate screws management over constantly and we blame management because of it.
the soon-to-be CEO R.R. is only interested in expan$ion
groups are taught by completely useless teachers (looking at you, cbsst)
It can be stressful, especially productivity and DCS stuff, but it's not really that bad if you're used to living an adult, not student, life.
the changes they make is what is making me leave. soon they're making it so management is following me regularly (that way two people can bill at once). they say it's so you feel "supported," but that's just how they phrase it.
PTO is 4 hours gained every two weeks, so not bad.
Pros
pto, flexible schedules
Cons
management, pay
Workplace Culture
Staff (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 21, 2018
As long as you are okay with cliques and doing other people's work this place is for you. The PTO time is great and allows for you to take work off when needed. The coworkers are great, but management is sneaky and you always feel like you're on pins and needles. Some managers are too laid back and others are extreme micromanagers. Overall it is a great job with a great purpose and mission, but the staff they have in management should change and they should put people in management who have experience in actually doing what they are getting paid to do.
Terrible place to work! Don't apply there...You'll regret it if you do.
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 27, 2017
I loved the changes I was making in people's lives and the pay was pretty decent for the job type but you'll need to spend that money on a therapist for the trauma and stress management will likely put you through. Anyone who takes a job here, beware, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!
Pros
Changing lives
Cons
Everything else
Some benefits, terrible communication
Residential Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 18, 2017
Some benefits, terrible communication and flip flopping everything all the time, never constant on much of anything. Manager was nice, but was often changed her mind.
Poor management .....almost hostile
Rsp (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INNovember 9, 2017
Constant turnover in management, no incentive for hard work. I was terminated after three years, right after being promoted, for making an honest mistake. To make matters worse they will fight your unemployment and slander you to anyone and everyone who may call them for a reference. They are not well respected in the community.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Poor management, lots of turnover, hostile environment
best / worst job of my life
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 13, 2017
You don't know the half of it, and what you think you know....that's sweet. Nice thing about it, lots of opportunity....depends on what type of opportunity that you are looking for, if it is good or bad.
helping people
mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INAugust 30, 2017
this was a good job to help people in their time of need. i learned all about the different type of mental illness that i never knew about. i had fun with coworkers and we looked out for each other. the hardest part of the job is when a person was there for the wrong reason and didn't want to help themselves the most rewarding part was to see a person make a change in their life for the better.
Pros
helping people
Cons
poor management decisions
Awesome place to work
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 5, 2017
Love the job, my coworkers, the environment. Really an awesome place to learn and work at. Going to trainings is always encouraged so you are constantly learning new things.
Horrible place to work.
RSP (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, IN 46580April 3, 2017
I worked double shifts and part of the time by myself. Direct boss didn't help employees. Management on up changed rules, didn't answer questions, didn't provide support. No care for personal health. Told conflicting ways to do things by different people above me and then got wrote up without notice. Asked for help on various occasions but didn't receive it.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Management, avoiding questions, changing rules, etc....
Very poor supervison by upper management.
Rehab Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 26, 2017
This is a great job to work with people and be apart of the change in the world. However behind the level of belittling and over consequences a person suffers feels like inflicted mental health illnesses in which causes a person to choose to leave to protect their well being. I have never been so stressed out about things that was being asked of me with such disorganization and lack of appreciation. They should offer shift differential for RSP's who have to work both first and second shift hours since it is expected to work those hours.
Pros
Get paid every week, co workers are supportive, nice computer to do job.
Cons
Productivity, caseload switching, over stressed environment
A productive and friendly work culture which provided ample opprotunities for me to learn extend my career skills.
IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INDecember 21, 2016
- Amazing co-workers who were eager to help me learn and grow as an IT professional.

- I was provided with resources and technologies that developed my knowledge of my career.

- Excellent management whom were always willing to work with me if I ran into difficultly in understanding the task I was presented with.

- The traveling required for the job was sometimes difficult in the winter, but rewarding nonetheless.

- I was presented with challenging tasks that I was able to overcome with the help of my co-workers.

- The best aspect of the job was that it was a pleasure to go to every day. The company as a whole is fantastic, and I enjoyed working and learning with all of my co-workers.
Pros
Group lunch with my co-workers every Thursday
Poor Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 25, 2016
There is no appreciation for the workers. There is poor management. It is an extremely stressful place to work in. I did not receive any good skill from working here.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
brings down your mental state
Not whom they said they were
Behavior Health Technican (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 2, 2015
I would not recommend this place of work if this is your first job on the field of psychology or any behavior health profession. I say that because you are not completely trained for the job that you are hired for. When you ask for him they just tell you to talk to someone else about it and if they aren't help to figure it out.
Cons
not giving enough clients to make hours
Human Services
Rehabilitation Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 1, 2014
The work atmosphere is connected within individuals fresh out of college as well as others that have been a part of the Organization for their last 20 years of their career. I have been able to learn the ins and outs of Medicaid as well as gain knowledge from personal experiences within the field for home base and outpatient.