Bowes In Home Care Employee Reviews

Dont Do It
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILMarch 7, 2018
Prepare to be micro managed to death. I should have listened to others that warned me about the same thing. Be sure that you are asking many questions at the interview because what is stated in the job ad may not represent what you are really going to do.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Micromanaged until you suffocate
great management
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 12, 2018
great management, low pay, work around my schedule very well, corporate seems to care about employees as far as birthday etc, but pay is low and unsure of raises
Great employees and management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rock Falls, ILSeptember 29, 2017
work is slow if you have no clients or they are not getting any new. Would be better for a part time job definitely will not pay bills unless you are HHA(bathaide) and have 4-5clients who have 4-5hrs a week
Pros
They work with you on scheduling
Cons
Lack of work at times
Pay is good. But not enough work
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILApril 3, 2017
Manager is great however as with all companies communication greatly needs to be improved.
I feel that it should work from the top down.
I enjoy the people I work with and the pay is good.
Hardest part is that in home health you are not guaranteed hours.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
not consistent work.
Good company
PTA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
Good company to work for, great staff and are very helpful with any questions. Cover areas of Chicago. Great customer service for patients.
Typical Day at Bowes
Reception/Office Support/Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 6, 2016
We have great days at work. It is a very friendly and calm environment. They go above and beyond for their employees. We are all great at working in a group and helping each other out.
Very nice people to work with
LPN (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, IL 60014October 23, 2016
The only downfall of this company really is the lack of work, but not to their fault, with the changes within Medicare. My day consists of traveling to and from patients houses caring for the direct need at the time. I have gained a broader aspect of wound care, and enjoy it very much. My co-workers are always ready to assist and or help when needed, I enjoy working for this company. The only negative thing for me is the lack of work at times, which due to the new laws seem to be hitting hard.
Pros
Schedule according to availability
Cons
Lack of work
Fair
DON/ADON/Clinical Preceptor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILApril 16, 2016
I prefer not to provide any comments about this organization at this time. I am grateful for the time allowed to administer and improve my leadership skills.
Excellent employer
RN (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 3, 2015
Bowes has so much to offer their patients and employees. From an employee standpoint, they offer excellent compensation and great PTO. I cannot speak on behalf of the benefits as I do not have them at the moment :) The flexibility of this job is beyond what I ever imagined and the team work is stellar. I have never had a management issue and when I reach out to someone at corporate I always get a prompt answer. I finally found an employer that I feel confident to call 'home'.
Pros
Compensation, Pto, management, team oriented
Review and response from the CEO of Bowes
President/CEO (Current Employee) –  906 IL Route 22 Fox River Grove, IL 60021May 28, 2015
We are pleased to provide some of the highest wage rates not only in the market but in Illinois for those that we value as professional clinicians. We work to provide a positive work environment. Our benefits include major medical, dental, vision and life. 401k, up to 32 days of PTO per year as well as 9 (yes I said Nine) recognized holidays including the Employee's own birthday! We offer 3 tiers of paid continuing education as well as many other opportunities for professional growth. Bowes even offers benefits and recognition programs to the families of our employees, we call it "Family Night Out"! Leadership, myself included, is ready willing and able to be a part of this amazing journey with you and we ask that you come and schedule an interview with us to see for yourself. We have specific support team members on staff whose sole purpose is to ensure the clinical teams have what they need to perform their jobs and focus on quality care. We did not become one of the largest and most recognizable brands in home health without providing the quality care to the patients. Our team has made this all possible. Come and be a part of something amazing!
Pros
How they value the employee and the team
Cons
Medicare can be tough and home health challenging, but the right person can excel at it!
Well paying company, with poor management and ethics.
Professional Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fox River Grove, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Bowes provides little to no nurse support. Minimal inservices to aid in continuing education. A typical day includes a ton of emails, hours of charting(specifically 6-8 pages per pt), and a lot of annoying phone calls, in addition to high acuity patients that should often be hospitalized and not in home setting. This is a high stress job if you want to provide actual patient care and not falsify documentation. The pay rate is excellent, but not worth the amount of time spent. Not much room for advancement unless you and internally connected.
Pros
Salary, Patients
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowes In Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.