Bowlero Corp Employee Reviews

it was fine
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 10, 2019
We showed up. Did our jobs. And left. It was fine. A typical work day consisted of working all day. These reviews are useless. The management was fine.
The clientele at certain locations makes the difference.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 8, 2019
I do not have much bad to say about the company. It just attracts a certain clientele, specifically league bowlers, who may feel entitled and will have no problem abusing management and other employees. If you are working during a time there is no league, then this is a great place to be employed. Past paced, fun environment, you are able to learn whatever you would like for yourself to advance with the company.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
League bowlers abusing staff.
Fun energetic atmosphere
LEAD COOK (KITCHEN MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Mar Vista, CA & Milpitas, CAFebruary 5, 2019
This is the best way to experience bowling in a luxury atmosphere with projection screens on every glow in the dark lane and a loud bar social party crowd.
Pros
experience of doing much more than sould of been asked and succeeding. The benefits
Cons
too much work for little pay
Productive and fast paced work place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 2, 2019
The Bowlero Corp is a very fast paced, hard-working environment and you have to show them that you want to work for them. The most hard part about working for Bowlero, is when we got booked by multiple parties there, was really no time to catch your breath or to go to the restroom.
Pros
Discounts on food and free employee bowling games
Cons
Conflicted with prior scheduled events
Fun workplace, but poor management.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJanuary 25, 2019
I totally love working for this company, the good days totally outweigh the bad. Sometimes it gets frustrating when co-workers aren’t being productive.
Pros
Discounted lunch, teamwork
Amazing Staff and a Great Environment
Head Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Friendly Staff, Mostly wonderful customers, Great chance to advance, Team work is everything, would recommend this job to anyone with a bright personality. Amazing place to work and to hang out after work
Pros
great pay, discounts on bowling, great staff, great costumers, understanding management
Cons
long hours short staffed doesnt hire felons
Terrible management
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Managers are very inconsistent with how they communicate with their employees by saying one thing then doing another. Managers also pick favorites. Would highly recommend finding employment elsewhere. They threaten to sue for working for another competitor as well.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Terrible management
quick moving
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 7, 2019
quick moving
constant change
inconsistent management
young staff
always on the move
ability to learn new things and advance
room for growth
summary
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 4, 2019
The company is a great place to work, full of energy and positive attitude it will keep you busy throughout your entire shift. You will be happy to work there.
Not even worth your time
Kitchen/General Help (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Horrible management. No communication in the business and they treat it like a high school there is always drama and they always say they take care of people who make an effort but if it costs them any money or have to pay you more they do not work with you and expect you to bend over backwards but never compensate you for your time.
Pros
Dollar games of bowling
Cons
Bad environment. Low pay. Poor management
Fun people, needs better management but otherwise ok
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 1, 2019
Work days very, some will packed from open to close other days it will take a couple of hours for the first guest to arrive. Must be able to handle at least a little bit of multitasking and be sociable and patient.
Don't waist your time
Server (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 29, 2018
I had high hopes for this place and would brag about it for people to come check it out but they play favorites and now cut almost all of my hours because the new manager said I talked to her in the wrong tone. I work my butt off there and hit the numbers they want but still cut my hours. Also, they go into the computer and change my hours so they don't have to pay the meal exception. They still haven't paid me what they owe me and still owe my roommate 25 hours from a few months ago. It could be an awesome place if hey replace management and most of their lazy employees. Till then, don't even waist your time. Also, they kept promising to put me in the bar but lied 3 times. I'm looking for another job.
Pros
Discounts on bowling
Cons
Favouritism, no hours, missing pay and treated poorly
Joke
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Csyce scDecember 26, 2018
The human resources department is a joke. One of the most unprofessional departments I've ever worked with. I don't believe they have any training or any accountability. I feel sorry for the current employees.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
HR department is a joke
At this location management is the problem (horrible)
Worker (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 15, 2018
What managers lack in knowledge:
•Everything
•Organization,offices are horrible
•Leadership
•Sence of what sales and invntory is
•Managment of staff
•Labor
•Food Safety
•Staffing
•Coordination with kitchen(respect for the kitchen manager they worked him too hard)
•Sence of urgency
•Motivating staff
•THEY LACK THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IT IS TO RUN A BUSINESS FROM THE FOH TO BOH(kitchen)
•Zero absolutely Zero communication
•So much food wasted (wont feed the staff, extra food immediately to the trash, why? No one knows, so many people in the world starving and bowlero wont give staff a free meal WOW.)

Things wrong:
•Servers not at all they are uncoordinated
•No one and i repeat no helps each other out
•Manager think they are managing when they are not, they just order things to be done
MANAGEMENT NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE BEFORE THEY THEMSELVES HOLD OTHER ACCOUNTABLE FOR ISSUES MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO ACTUALLY MANAGE.!!

IVE BEEN HERE FOR ABOUT A YEAR ALMOST NOW,
SOON ILL BE OUT OF THIS
PLACE

MANAGERS NEED TO STEP UP OR GET REPLACED AS
SOON AS POSSIBLE I ASK ANYONE IMMPORTANT IN THE FOOD BUSINESS TO COME CHECK THIS PLACE OUT YOU WILL HAVE MANY THING TO SEE..!
Pros
Im leaving soon
Cons
Managers
Great Ideas, Horrible Execution
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLDecember 3, 2018
This is an amazing company to work for. I’m sad that I’m looking to leave it. I enjoy the job itself but the management I work under is unbearable. Your job is threatened daily by company goals that are unattainable and unrealistic. Associates are afraid to perform their jobs! Every fellow employee at my location has told me they are actively looking for a better job.
Pros
Growth opportunities, fun work environment, flexible hours
Cons
Poor management styles
Rewarding for Dedicated Workers
Senior Event Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MANovember 25, 2018
Job itself is easy- they provide you with the tools to succeed. Job pays off for those willing to go the extra mile, and they love to promote from within. Not a position where you can showcase your individuality.
Place has its pros and cons
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 22, 2018
Bowlero started out as a great place to work. I loved coming to work, I loved the people I worked with. Planning and executing events was fun. But around 2 years ago, things started going south. I still loved what I did for work, I still loved working with some of the people, but some of management and new employees, it just didn't work. Trying to suggest or bring up an issue, forget about it, it was almost always brushed over. Issues would be brought up to staff and how it should be fixed, but it'd never be REENFORCED.

FOH Management really needs to step up and take accountability for what happens in the center. If managers don't clean, why would staff clean. If managers are snacking on the line, what's stopping staff from picking off the line.

Bowlero is still a good starter job, for high school kids, or if you're looking to be a cook, it's a great first place. I've gotten a lot of experience from this place and that's what I am taking with me.
Pros
Friendly employees and discounts
Cons
No breaks and short staffed
Company does not care for employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 19, 2018
There is something sick about the center in Buffalo Grove. Favoritism is a big issue there. There are people that can call off and request every weekend off and still have a job. There are people that walk out on their shift, and can come back a couple days later and still have a job. Employees can work 10 to 14 hour shifts and they will not even get a 15 minute break. Every employee is expendable to him. If you try bringing up an issue with him about anything, good luck getting anything changed.

A typical day at work can range from being calm on weekdays to hectic on weekends, due to poor staffing. People call off or go home early because they cry about it and they are free.
Pros
fellow employees and food
Cons
Front of house management is poor
Great managers
Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 15, 2018
They are very good listeners and flexible. They are good at encouraging employees and work with any issues. Very caring people and easy to talk. Great place for young employees too!
great work environment
Restaurant consultant/ Prep Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
fun and exciting place
it was an experience teaching and sharing my knowledge
i recognized quite a few people who worked along side me being that i have been in the restaurant field for quite some time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bowlero Corp. Our community is ready to answer.