Bowlin Travel Centers Employee Reviews

Very narrow minded leadership
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  , NMApril 16, 2019
Not a nice place to work. The upper management that run the stores are cruel and degrading. The pay is decent the provided living conditions for remote locations are substandard. All suggestions are shut down they are not open to new ideas at all.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor treatment, zero support, closed minded
Fun place/Bad management
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMJuly 10, 2018
My wife and I both worked in two locations for this company. We both loved the work and dealing with customers. Store Management was our biggest concern and upper management did not appear to take until after we quit.
Great people to work for.
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Picacho, AZFebruary 14, 2018
A great place to shop for gifts. A welcoming atmosphere the cashier's are friendly. Great hrs . Management is fair and the store is very clean.very helpful cashier's . There is a Subway .
Great Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Picacho, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Lots of friendly people and housing is provided at low cost with utilities included. Nicer for single people with no children though as you do not get a lot of time for both parents to spend time with kids. Weekends are required as well as every single holiday except X-mas Day so no time to spend a holiday with your child.
Great place to work if you are money hungry
Manager-in-Training (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMOctober 17, 2016
Bowlin Travel Centers are a great place to work if money is your main goal. As long as you make sales goals and don't "rock the boat" or mention ethical issues involving co-workers and managers, you should stay employed there. We are glad we left before we were "sucked in" to the corporate way of doing business.
Pros
Meet numerous people from all over the world
Cons
health insurance was a scam, management did not support honest employees
Live where you work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 31, 2015
This is a fun place to work at times, as a Manager in training you are supposed to be trained to run your own store. Its a great place to work with the public and meet some interesting people. Your housing is included with the job which makes the commute very short.
Pros
Live where you work, public
Cons
some of the housing could be updated
10 store locations plus the corp office and the distribution center
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces NMJanuary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working there for the past 12 years. Caring supervisors that are willing to help you out in business or personal issues. Good place to work. There is a large variety of jobs that can be done in his company. IE. Driving a truck to managing a store.
Fun place to work. Chain of gift and travel centers.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 15, 2014
They can provide a wide range of opportunities to individuals who enjoy customer service and sales. There are opportunities from warehouse operations to office and selling at the various outpost.

My position is inventory and data entry along with various other tasks. Including customer service, taking telephone calls, reconciling purchase orders that I create, communicate with various vendors on orders and reconciles. I create and track layouts for the 10 stores that the company owns, change retails as needed and notify the stores. I input picklist that the warehouse crew pull and ship then then reconcile those picklist. I'm responsible for setting up all the new items that the company buys each year.
Pros
Monday through Friday and the office. 8:00-4:30
Cons
30 minute lunch. No heat in warehouse and no airconditioning in the summer for the warehouse.