Bowling Green Manor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Quantity vs Quality
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 4, 2018
I had the impression that the company was focused on quantity than quality. I always heard their was not enough patients and that quality care was their secondary importance. It was fast paced. Hard not to make a mistake here and there. Best part of the job was it’s employees and patients sense of humor that just made it slightly tolerable for awhile.
Pros
Able to smoke on breaks.
Cons
Low salary, fast paced, quality suffered, and everything was micromanaged(annoying)
Great Intern
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHFebruary 4, 2018
When I intern there it was a great experience esp for me as a nursing student I learned so much from the staff! I have nothing more to say about this place.
Overall
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 25, 2017
There is a core of seasoned aides and nurses that work the floor that is excellent. Good care is given by these individuals.
Management is unorganized, lack communication, and the administrator is rarely in the building..
Low pay.
Staffing is based on census, not acuity.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Stressful
Bowling Green Manor
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMay 6, 2017
Very quick paced day. Always short staffed but always opportunities to pick up extra shifts. Communication lacked between management, nurses and other staff members.
Very non interactive work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work included being pushed to the side and not being able to be involved with other communications your other work employees were having because of being younger. I learned that sometimes you just get pushed to the side. Management was only there when they felt it was necessary. Workplace culture welcomed everyone but didn't treat them all the same. Hardest part of the job was getting basically shut out because of being younger than everyone else, and not having any assistance when you are very busy finishing what you were told to do. In my opinion there really wasn't an enjoyable part of working here.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
No breaks, getting treated different
A decent nursing home to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 23, 2017
Staff are friendly but there can also be a negative work environment during the evening shift. Had to leave because of this negative environment. The patients are well taken care for.
Understaffed
STNA (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 1, 2016
Decent place to work, when fully staffed. Administration has unreasonable expectations of employees. Located on Poe Road. Often with rude coworkers, who did not care about the residents that were there.
Just out of school, gave me my first job as LPN
License Practical Nurse, Skilled Nursing (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJuly 6, 2015
Management was wonderful to me. I only worked there for a few months fresh out of nursing school then I found a full time job elsewhere
LPN student
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHDecember 16, 2014
preceptor-ship was great learned a lot medication administration went well very busy days on first shift
my preceptorship
Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHNovember 7, 2014
I worked as an intern and learned the basics of my job. I took a great deal of knowledge with me into my current job.
Family like environment, with commitment to caring for residents.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 12, 2014
The staff and resident at Bowling Green Manor function as team/family-like unit in order to provide exceptional care to the residents.
Great patients
Aide (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OhioDecember 3, 2013
I had a variety of jobs at BG Manor. I had a good boss willing to work with your schedule to accommodate. I had good hard working co-workers. I learned different ways of doing things to better my work. The lifting residents and straining was the hardest part of my job. I enjoyed the residents and those who I worked with too.
Pros
Free lunch, always had a break, good boss
Cons
Probable back injuries
Community/family oriented.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 13, 2013
Older facility, but clean. Low turnover in staffing, quite a few have been there 20+ years. Frequently takes Residents into the community for outings. Part of large chain organization.
Pros
Free Meals, good parking.
Cons
Uses census instead of patient needs when scheduling staff.
Intern review.
Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 10, 2013
Great place to learn the nursing staff was very helpful! I really enjoyed the everyone.
Pros
resident care