Bowlmor-AMF

Bowlmor-AMF Pay & Benefits reviews

Job is good for teens and maybe college students trying to make a lil extra money. Pay is minimal. You wont be able to pay bills working for this company unless your hired directly into managment. But very fun environment and cool people to work with.
Pros
Free food sometimes, weekly pay, half off bowling
Cons
Pay is very little, hours vary but are mostly on the short side, no advancement opportunities, management is usually younger immature people who dont know what their doing.
Long hours on weekends, can be crazy. Rude customers. Overall decent job. Some room for advancement. Pay was ok, seems to be better these days before covid happened. Benefits are ok.
Constantly cutting labor hours but expecting the same amount of work to be done . No pay raise unless state minimum wage increases. Schedule is when the want you, dont care about your availability.
Working here is not the best. Management currently could be better. It’s above average at best, not flexible with hours. Not everyone is truly equal working here.
A typical day as a server consists of parties and regular lanes. Pay is based on how hard you work. If you prove yourself to be hardworking, the more parties you will be able to work which you get compensated for along with tips. Overall fun workplace.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I liked this company in the beginning. But in the end it became bad. You barely get hours unless they liked You it was low pay . And It was a lot of favoritism. If your gonna work here I would only recommend this job for kids not adults.
It has its good days and bad, but the employees act like they’re the bosses. No consequences. Rude co workers and customers. Tips aren’t as good as they used to be. No one really lasts here.
Decent workplace. A typical day is handling customers and money transactions. The Schedule is flexible but the hours are hit or miss. Management is usually not handled properly.
Pros
good food, friendly co workers
Cons
Short Breaks, Scheduling
No work life balance at all. No breaks allowed. Often only one person left to run the entire facility, (bar, kitchen, front counter, lane issues) while getting yelled at by customers. Labor hours are so restrictive that basic cleaning tasks and prep work are barely able to get done. You are expected to work 12-15 hours a day despite being paid for only 8. The health insurance is the worst.
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay and benefits, terrible work life/balance, overworked staff, no standard of cleanliness
They pay too low and expect one person to do the job of 3 in less time than it takes 3 people to do it. It's not the manager's fault either if they dont try to make you do it and higher more helpvthey will just get fired for paying too many work hours of employees. Corporate expects less people who get paid less to do the job and if they cant then find someone who will. Its similar to working for a sweat shop honestly. Dont listen to them if they offer you benefits and dont even dream of a bonus, they dont even give any kind of holiday pay unless you are salary and that's only an extra 8 hours of pay as it is. Also if you do decide to work for them dont go in thinking, "I'm gonna do my job and take a break." Every one does every one else's job and if you are done first then congratulations you get to do someone else's job now off ya go. Dont bother reading the handbook either they only have that to hook you, you job is what they tell you to do. Would not recommend anyone to work here for any length of time unless you get hooked up with a management job, and even then watch your back as corporate is always looking for a reason to fire you for someone cheaper.
Pros
Bowling discounts
Cons
Working here period
I loved my work. But loving work doesn't pay Bill's. Staff as a whole is grossly underpaid. Benefits are near non existent. Shame because the potential is their but peridot margins are all that matter.
Cons
No breaks despite what they say. Pay is awful. Treat the staff like machines not people.
I actually really enjoyed working here I worked here for almost 6 months while I was in college. It was convenient because I was able to work just Friday, Saturday and Sunday but still average about 35 hours a week (working about 12 hours a day). It is full of young people so you get that kind of college he-said-she-said drama, but it is easy to just stay out of it. I think the managers here are really great!
Pros
free meals while training, discounted meals after that, flexible schedules
Cons
drama
Good part time job fun fast pace great management team. Good pay. Good tips chance to cross train and promotions. Good discount on bowling and other companies perks
Since this was my very first job, I was quite nervous but the management was very helpful to aid me to adjust and get trained to be in an unfamiliar working environment. I enjoyed the benefits of being able to bowl for two games for free with my family. 50% off employee discount on food while you're working. I did not have a great experience with my coworkers who are lazy and messy. I suppose all workplaces have those people. It gets very busy in the fall and winter and somewhat relaxes during springtime and summer. Overall, this place helped me gain work experience as someone who's never had a job before. I unfortunately had to quit to move to a new state.
Pros
Great benefits, great management
Cons
no breaks at snack bar, I was unfortunate to work with lazy and messy coworkers
the hours are long. the employess are nice. on your feet all day and the upper mangement are rarely there. the bowlers are demanding, group sales books parties sometimes on top of eachother.
Terrible management, health hazard every which way, room for improvement everywhere, to many games, never on task, pot smokers, knats everywhere, kitchen nasty
Relaxed compared to previous position. hectic at times but a lot of down time. perhaps too much downtime. I dont get to use my management skills really as I spend most of my days at the front desk cashing people out. Its a little disheartening. MOstly nights and weekends which is tough, although to be fair, I was aware of that when I joined. It is tougher on my family life than I thought it would be so that would be the second reason I would leave. Good company otherwise, no complaints.
Pros
good company that cares about its employees.
Cons
no company match on 401k. hours are tough for family but ok if single.
The RVPs will destroy the centers just looking for the next bonus check with no worries about the staff or future of the business. They want huge customer service scores with nearly no staff.
Pros
You get to work alot
Cons
If you are salary they will abuse you and make you work over 50 hours a week
This job has a nice atmosphere at first but management has a great way of ruining that. I used to like working here but the way management handles things has me ready to run for the hills! A lot of the equipment is out of date, the higher ups like to come in now and then just to scream at the staff for things not always in their control, and my co-worker was badly injured, and fired on the spot when they notified management! If you don't mind doing your own job AND everyone else's (including the manager) for no compensation then this is the place for you. But if you have any common sense, you'd avoid working here like the plague.
Pros
Discounted food/bowling
Cons
Inconsistent hours, Poor Management, High Stress
Long work days, but lack of days to work. At times they only had me work 1 day a week. The pay was pathetic, even though I basically did every job there was to do at the establishment. Barely any break time.
Pros
Free lunches and Drinks
was a fun environment with great food. management was fair with scheduling, vacation time, and sick days. Good opportunity to move up in the ranks.///