BoxLunch Employee Reviews

Amazing management and team.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 14, 2019
Extremely customer oriented and friendly. Management always made sure the team was happy and healthy. The team was always willing to help out if someone was having an off day.
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 11, 2019
The work environment was awesome. The management could have been better though. They are really big on communication with customers and hitting those numbers.
Fun and Fast Paced
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2019
From the day I started there with their previous manager I felt welcomed and was trained fast. I learned to keep track of what was in stock all while selling products and helping customers. The hardest part was leaving at the end of my season. I truly enjoyed my job there.
Amazing environment!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Robinson, PAMay 2, 2019
My coworkers at BoxLunch have become some of my best friends and I think most people would agree with that. However, there could be a few tweaks to management to make the experience even better.
Pros
Awesome people, Community driven
Cons
Some management
productive
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMay 1, 2019
good place to work if you are looking for a temporary job with flexibility in your life. Most decisions from corporate are extremely annoying and dont make sense half the time however we make do at our store nonetheless.
Best retail job out there!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 18, 2019
As a former assistant manager Box Lunch built my character as well as prepare me for future leadership roles. If you’re into pop culture, marvel, anime, Disney etc. This is the place to work for! In store management and customers were amazing. Upper district and corporate management lacked communication at times. Would recommend as a first job or first management position.
Pros
Fun work environment, flexible hours, Pto, discount
Cons
Upper management lacked communication
Sales Associate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHApril 16, 2019
I went in and my manager told me to either go on the floor and greet the customers or go on register right away. It was the first job where I learned how to use a register. Management was very nice. The hardest part about the job was going around and making sure all the customers were asked if they needed help looking for anything.
Pros
30 minute breaks.
Amazing retail store to work at!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 8, 2019
Working at BoxLunch is amazing because you are allowed to express your geeky side whilst selling some of the coolest merchandise ever! The management team there is very supportive and will help you be successful. There is definitely room for growth at BoxLunch if you are willing to learn :)
Pros
Great discount, fun events, supportive staff and management, healthcare for full time employees
BoxLunch is a fantastic environment to work in, and be apart of.
Customer/Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 4, 2019
If you have a passion for different clusters of things such as, anime, Disney, Nickelodeon, gaming etc. Boxlunch is the place to be. Lots of different people come in looking for different categories of the store teaching us something new once a new customer walks through those doors.
Pros
Fun and cool environment to be around
Cons
Not manyhours
Productive and a fun balance workplace
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 25, 2019
BoxLunch is an amazing place to work. The company is dedicated to make a difference in their community as well as making a safe workspace for employees
Pros
Good breaks
Fun workplace with a few minor drawbacks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 13, 2019
Box Lunch is a great place to learn how to interact with customers of all ages. Being in a workplace with people that share the same interests is a fun experience; however, there are very few hours outside of the holiday seasons. Opportunities to move up are limited and very rare. There have also been a few occasions where the management has cared more about a sale than the customer's health at the current moment.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Few hours, rare chances for promotions/moving up
Easy going, stressful, fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2019
show up, clock in, basically do whatever is needed on the floor. Management was pretty good could get out of hand sometimes. the hardest part of the job was closing because there can always be a big mess or miss counting money, inventory twice a year would last very long. Overall I enjoyed the employees and the job.
Relaxed pop culture work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2019
When working at BoxLunch, most days tend to be rather relaxed. The dress code is casual, but appropriate. Working at BoxLunch, you learn about many pop culture references. The management is flexible with employees, and want to keep their employees working.
Nice Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 17, 2019
Fun work environment also love that the company is involved with Feeding America to help others. The sales are great! However the hours depend on the peak of season. Management is alright, but I feel like they play favorites.
Pros
Learning about the culture
Cons
Good benefits good message management hit or miss
Full Time Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I had a lot of fun with this company, the discounts are fair. The customers are fun. Upper management can be hit or miss. Overall an innovative and new company to be excited for !
fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 4, 2019
Workplace is great. Management and co workers are also great. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and seeing all the new things we get in the store.
Exemplary Work Place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 29, 2019
Wonderful, knowledgeable staff. If you love Pop Culture, this is it for you! Also, it’s a “feel good” kind of store! For every $10 you spend there, $10 goes to the local food bank.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Seasonal
Had fun and learned a lot!
Walden Galleria - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 29, 2019
It was a good experience and I learned a lot while working there. They always pushed me to do better and improve. I'm able to communicate a whole lot better now because of them.
Fun for fans of pop culture
Seasonal Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I was a seasonal associate during the holiday season, so some days were very busy. But for the most part things were relaxed. The managers are great, everyone is very nice. What's most exciting is interacting with customers. Being in the store, surrounded by so many pop culture related items and clothing tends to overwhelm and excite customers. You're encouraged by managers to always make a connection with customers and focus on giving them the best service you offer. What always helps is mentioning that for every $10 you spend in the store, BoxLunch will donate one meal to the local partnering food bank!
Extremely Fun but Terrible Salary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2019
This is a great first job. It teaches you how to communicate with people. However,the pay is awful. I cannot believe they expect so much when they pay so little. Managers usually treat the sales staff like they're replaceable and love to gossip about other employees. If the company paid the sales associates commission, that would be one thing, but they get nothing from selling. There is no incentive to sell at all. If you're okay making little to no money, but getting a big discount in BoxLunch and Hot Topic, this is the job for you.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No Commission, Terrible Hours