Boxy Charm

Boxy Charm Employee Reviews

United States10 reviews
Very Diverse place to work. Great culture with excitement at each turn. Good place to work as a stepping stone as I personally don't see the longevity in the company. Pay is good depending on your position.
Pros
PTO/Free Snacks, Coffee/Great Company Celebrations/Technology
Cons
longevity
My time at Boxy Charm lasted for a few months as a paid-internship and I can honestly say that the experienced helped shape my expectations for future work environments. Not only is it a fun setting to work in, but the people are supportive and working as a team is encouraged to meet weekly goals.
I loved to work there. The owner is a great person and really involved in all aspects of the company.
Management is under a lot of pressure due to the growth of the company and hiring staff is not as fast as the company growth rate.

I love the ambiance and the people I worked with.

A lot of collaboration compared to other places I worked at.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday's, Milk and other things on the fridge.
Cons
Lot of stress and pressure to do everything on the last minute.
I worked there 3 months so this may be a snap judgement but there was no sense of structure or challenge and that's why I left. It was odd for me to be bored which is why I didn't last long. There was little to no training. Most people has worked there had been had not worked there for more than a year. Since leaving I've found many others have left for similar reasons so I'm not as crazy as I thought. The people are very nice and friendly, but it's much more new-age open concept office, young vibe, but the benefits were amazing! Great pay, great health insurance, standard PTO where you accrue it over time. One paper it was the perfect job but something just felt off to me and maybe that's just me, but I wanted to be challenged and use my brain not just pick up food from the front desk to walk to my boss' office and book travel. I wish I could've been that person cause it's a great gig if you are!
Pros
Free bagel fridays, constant food for events, 401K, GREAT Health Insurance, Dental, maternity leave, accident insurance, long-term and short-term disability
Cons
Not enough challenging work to me, open concept office (weird)
The Company has done a really good job focusing on culture. Leadership team is open to suggestions and recommendations. Everyone here is supportive and helpful- a very collaborative work atmosphere.
Pros
Collaborative work environment, great culture
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
We are given a lot of autonomy to make things happen. Lots of visibility to management and opportunity to "shine" and grow in your career. Awesome industry.
I love the company culture. The CEO is very involved and extremely approachable to me. He listens and is open to new ideas. The company culture is collaborative and fun (lots of social company events). The company is still in start-up mode, so expect to work hard and wear different hats. If you love what you do and believe in the product, you will enjoy your job.
Pros
Free monhtly box, free breakfast on Friday mornings, 100% medical coverage for individual
I, like many people that have worked here, did not have a great experience at all. Management is disorganized and lacks communication. CEO is not great at all. Your opinion and skills are not valued or exercised. Company is run by men that have no idea what they're talking about. Turn over rate is extremely high. Communication is poor. It may seem glamorous but it honestly is not. Many employees feel unappreciated.
Pros
some cool employees work there
Cons
everything I stated above
Horrible management (or there lack of). They fire people who have worked for them from the inception of the business, even people who have worked from the very bottom to the top.

The CEO plays favorites and has little to no respect for women. His personal business flows through the office which makes being around him uncomfortable.

Its like working at a sorority, drama every day. Employees privately tellings other employees that they'll ensure they get ahead.

No hiring from within, no promotions, no bonuses!!! Don't expect to feel appreciated.

You get 5 days VACATION and 5 sick days. The worst place to work, regrettably. Only positive is the laid back dress code.
Pros
Lax dress code
Cons
management, favoritism, cut throat
Total disorganization and dishonesty from management. Management cannot lead well or make any decisions, especially the CEO. It delays and throws off everyone below them. I would never recommend a friend to apply here, as their is no growth and nothing to learn. I loved my fellow teammates I worked with but like they say, "People don't leave bad companies, they leave bad supervisors".
Pros
employees, making friends
Cons
management, Ceo, no work culture, nothing to learn from anyone