Boy Scouts of America Employee Reviews

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search See all 1,332 reviews
Fun place that I will always want to work at again
BSA Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, WVJune 22, 2018
BSA summer camps are very fun to work at to the point that it almost feels as if you aren't working at all. Every person that works their genuinely cared about you and the scouts. Even though the camp I worked at got shut down I would not trade that experience for the world.
Pros
happy work life
Cons
the tents
We did a lot of hard work
Boy Scouts (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 21, 2018
It was pretty lon we had a lot of cleaning to do. We also teach kids different lessons an how to do things.we worked with about 600 or more kids a week we showed them how to pack for a camping trip.
Pros
It was very fun
Cons
Na
BSA is good
Service Projects (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 20, 2018
Boy scouts can be described as a steep trail with three peaks, the first being star scout, the second is life rank, and the third and final one being that of eagle scout, the highest rank in boy scouts... I am a first class scout and on my way to star rank.
Great for younger workers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 20, 2018
Lots of fun! Lots of work! Very little pay.I learned a lot. Teaching is hard but satisfying. My coworkers were great. It was a good experience but I want more money.
Pros
fun
Cons
Pay
Eagle scout
Eagle Scout (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2018
I did not intend for the Boy Scouts Of America to come up as an actual job. I only intended to state that i was/am a proud Scout, an Eagle Scout to be more specific.
Pros
Knowledge of life for life. Positive values and morals
Variation between office work and field work
Scoutreach Staff (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2018
Typical day was either in the office taking care of paperwork and/or out in the schools interacting and teaching the students. The hardest part was keeping the kids in line and focused, while the best was watching them go from the first week to the last week and the growth that they achieved.
Simple and effective
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 19, 2018
Despite the tedious workload and lack of variety, the job was stable and informative, and the other workers were polite and friendly, and were more than willing to help.
Upon arriving there are vending machines, refrigerators, microwaves, nice break room plus kitchen to use. They provide free coffee and popcorn, tea.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 18, 2018
Upon arriving there are vending machines, refrigerators, microwaves, nice break room plus kitchen to use. They provide free coffee and popcorn, tea and hot coco. Everyone is friendly and professional hard workers. The boss treats all equal and goes over and beyond to help me. Different diverse of people here.
The hardest part would be not knowing how to do a job until trained.
I have learned how to scan important documents and copy at large amounts at a time.
Pros
Use the comfortable patios which are enclosed..
Cons
Would love it if i was by the window.
Summer Job
Summer Camp Counselor/Area Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
Worked as a summer camp counselor and area director for multiple summers. good position for high school student and college student. Introduces you to management skills.
Not a bad seasonal job
High Adventure Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  TXJune 18, 2018
I worked for the BSA over a summer at a summer camp. the hours were long and the days were hot (it was a camp site). The pay was low but they train you well and you feel prepared for any situation that may happen within the camp grounds. Co-workers were friendly and but sometimes middle management would be condescending. Upper management was always friendly and very professional.
Pros
Free food, training, working with kids
Cons
Pay, long hours
Scouting is a great learning place
Assistant Scoutmaster for Troop 385 (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2018
I don't know why this was chosen as a "job" from my list of accomplishments. I started scouting when I was 5 as a "Tiger" scout. I moved through all of the Cub Scout ranks and then through all of the Boy Scout ranks. I completed all of my requirements and received the highest rank of Eagle Scout.

I enjoyed the friendships I made. I enjoyed the outings (from day trips to the yearly week long camping trip). I like helping others. This is a great vehicle to accomplish that.

I recommend scouting to everyone.
Eagle Scout
America, Eagle Scout (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYJune 13, 2018
Chappaqua Troop 1 was a fantastic boy scout troop and I am honored that I got to learn from and camp with my fellow scouts as well as earn my Eagle Scout award from this troop.
Great first job
Youth Instructor (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTJune 12, 2018
Working at a scout camp is a great experience. I learned to be more outgoing and developed skills like public speaking and improvisation that would have been difficult to develop elsewhere. This job involved working 6 days per week, but was a great way to keep myself busy while school wasn't in session. They have since raised the pay dramatically and it's now around minimum wage. This job is great at developing a good work ethic because it takes a lot of effort.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, creativity encouraged, good management
Non Profit
Sales Associate/Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 11, 2018
If your goal is making a difference within a community, then this is the job for you. Pay isn't the best, but that's to be expected in this industry. Offers a lot of opportunity for self growth and time management.
Fun and productive workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 9, 2018
Fun workplace with an inviting and fun work culture and agreeable management. Teaches you many valuable skills while you teach kids, developing leadership and responsibility.
Changing Times
Director of Support Services (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJune 8, 2018
The Boy Scouts are going through a lot of changes.

They will need several more years before it comes around to where it should be.

But in general it is still one of the best youth development programs in the world.
Treated as family
Camp Chief Little Turtle (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Lake, INJune 7, 2018
The typical day is long, but it benefited me with all of the physical activity I had. It was also nice having the opportunity to lead fun activities with the boys.
A mission of advancement
Scout Committee Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2018
I volunteered for the BSA for a number of years in a variety of positions. I grew up as a boy scout, and feel that the program offered a lot of life lessons and opportunities for me.
okay environment. fun experience
Scout Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
The work environment was okay. its working with children . So you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. the managerial staff seems a little unorganized. Opportunities to advance within the organization come fast because they need more cub masters but being a cub master requires alot of extra work for not nearly enough compensation. Its after school so you only get paid for three hours daily.
Cons
no breaks
Very fun place to work
C.I.T (Counselor in Training) (Former Employee) –  Swoope, VAJune 3, 2018
I loved working here. I can't wait to do more work and can't wait for next year. Thank you for giving me so much nourishment scouts. I love working there
Pros
Free living and lunches
Cons
No breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boy Scouts of America. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight