Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Run! Horrible place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 7, 2018
Management cares nothing about you. They let the high rollers treat us like dirt. Low pay, tip share, and the majority of the guests don't tip. They took out our cooked food that was delicious in the EDR and replaced it with expensive snack food.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Extreme change in company culture
Strategic Sourcing Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
Over the last few years Boyd style is gone. The company does not have a defined mentorship program and most Directors and VP's are concerned more about keeping their employment than nurturing team-members to advance in their career.
Low Pay and Poor Management
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 9, 2018
The GM was of poor character and acted unprofessional. Started creating unsafe working environment. The Corporate staff was also of little help. Poor resources and poor guidance.
Pros
Experience in Gaming
Cons
No holidays off
Great company to work for
Regional Procurement Buyer (Current Employee) –  Vinton, LAMarch 27, 2018
Family type culture. Fast paced, but fun and exciting. Learned how the different properties each handled things. Worked on multiple properties at a time.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
healthcare
A very negative work experience
Team Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2018
Company boasts about "Boyd Style" but does not uphold that philosophy. According to Boyd style, I was encouraged to address any concerns, and when I did address a few observations/concerns in my training period they decided to term me 17 days into my employment having had positive reviews from coworker Trainer and Management. Was never told by management I wasn't performing well, on the contrary I received positive comments. Colleagues were not welcoming. Management plays favorites. Was forced to work in an 80 degree office. Training/Trainer was bad - either his way or no way at all. Be very wary about accepting a position within Human Resources.
Pros
Cons
the most expensive healthcare plan in the city, unwelcoming coworkers, management does not uphold the Boyd Style way, management plays favorites with their team memebers
Stressful Workplace
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 5, 2018
Very short staffed. A typical day at work was very overwhelming. Took 4 people's job increased the work load and one person performed. The HRD is overwhelmed with the work load.
Cons
Work not really divided.
Great work experience and challenging work provided.
DIRECTOR OF SLOT OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 2, 2018
I would recommend Boyd Gaming willing to work in the Gaming sector. It is a smoke filled environment and requires customer service skills. There is ample room for advancement if you have a great work record and service skills.
Pros
Flex time off and free food.
Cons
No cons
business
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 27, 2018
I'm currently still here but that place has a ton of issues and is very unorganized. I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply in the kitchen there. Other than that work would be great. I would love is the boss sholled some care in the employee's but they don't.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
Corporation that runs on exploitation
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAFebruary 17, 2018
Boyd runs its business by chronically understaffing and underpaying their employees. Plan on skipping lunch breaks and staying late in order to get your work done. Corporate is rude and has ignored our plea for help. Everyone is exhausted and looking for another job. If you want to work here plan on being treated like a pawn to Boyd corporate. They somehow have enough money to buy 5 new casinos but don’t have enough to give us a livable wage. Employees are frustrated and have been taking it out on each other. It’s painful to have to go into work everyday knowing you work for such an evil corporation.
Pros
Free pop. Co-workers are fantastic. Mangers are great! It’s such a great department to work in.
Cons
Complete and total exhaustion
Satisfied
Count Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2018
Posts at elevators, cash and chip escorts, perimeter checks.
Gun safety, proper gaming protocol, report writing.
Great supervisors, somewhat fair.
For the most part all team members are easy to get along with.
Standing and walking for long periods of time.
I am from Hawaii, so I like that I get to see people where I am from. also I get to meet new and interesting people.
Pros
Free lunches, some benefits
Cons
management could use some work

Want to know more about Boyd Gaming Corporation?

Ask a question
Not what I expected
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2018
There is no micro-management of job duties and very professional atmosphere. However, incredibly stressful work environment. Culture is not as team oriented as I thought it would be.
Excellent
Samstown Hotel and Gambling Hall (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJanuary 25, 2018
Loved it!!!! Great environment, lots of advcement, great benefits, wonderful bosses, great employees. Great training and support. Nice guests, coworkers were polite. Great personal and professional incentives.
Pros
Cons
Noisy
Great workplace but...
Bowling Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2018
Work itself was easy, laid back and fair.
You can easily tell there was animosity between some co workers, but my time in this company was a pleasant one. I personally don't have any complaints.
Pros
Free food at Employee Dining Room
Cons
Short Staffed
Fun place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Need to improve with the customer ,it have great people work their make a joy coming to work the pay okay but hard to advance because everyone step on each other to get on top
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor leadership
Great Job if They Maintain a Full Staff
Support Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2018
I had to quit this job because the management refused to hire enough employees to adequately handle the work load. We would have a backlog of calls 15 deep for the entire day, with dozens of callers quitting every half hour. These conditions would last from when the day shift started to shortly after it ended. This amount of work was left to a team of about 4 people, even though we had room in the office for 12.
Good pay
Kansas Star Casino (Current Employee) –  Mulvane, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Its a fun atmosphere where you get to have fun with patrons while being in a relaxed atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be working on holidays and weekends.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
You work every holiday and weekend.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Very professional place from both team members and management. Good incentives. Great atmosphere to work. Attracted great clientele. Very liberal on meal policies. Management very accessible to employee needs. Excellent training program
Pros
Good health insurance and positive atmosphere
Cons
Lack of direction from upper management
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job is trying to get clear instruction from my boss. If there's no definite vision, it is difficult knowing what needs to be done.
all of thye fellow employees were extremely helpfullmeveryday.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  kenner, la.December 29, 2017
my employment at boyd gaming was a structured and pleasant work experience. it was agood company to work for. every day at work was a different work experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
each shift on was on my feet at a post.
Not a good place to work
Sr. Systems Analyst /SQLDBA Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2017
Very 1975 They don't care about there employees. there " Boyd Style " Is worse then most Casinos. Management is very not technical.

HR is very outdated and there are a lot of uneducated people in positions that they are not qualified for.
Pros
Pay was good, the people were nice
Cons
No Leadership No vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight