Boyd Gaming Corporation
57Below average

Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

United States310 reviews
Great Team
I have never had any complaints about the team I have worked with. We have always operated as an incredibly tight unit and have truly grown into a family.
like working for almost any other company in the industry
Like any other company in the industry. Every day tends to be like any other day with very little difference between them. Corporate tends to try to run each operation alike which in my opinion does not always work.
Pros
multiple shifts to choose from eventually
Cons
never closes so open every single holiday with no benefit to working them
I can recommend Boyd
This has been a good place to work. They try very hard to help the Employees succeed. Obviously, some managers are better than others but this is true of any place. The HR dept is one of the best I’ve ever seen. Pay is getting better all the time too. And the company has really gone above and beyond through this Covid-19 situation so that’s been impressive as well.
Not specify
My company temporary shut down for covid-19 pandemic- so, I just look for temporary job or part time job at this time- and when my company reopen, I will comback to work-
Excellent Company
Remarkable business culture. Boyd Gaming management cares about its employees. The overarching approach to team members is considered Boyd Style where relationships are highly valued.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Lack of management skills
The employees are mostly cool. But management and HR will find a way to term you. You have no say in the matter. Then they block everything so you can’t even collect UI. I was employed there for 17 years, supervising for 15 of those years. No counselings or issues. New GM comes in and they do everything to to make your life miserable. Had zero chance to defend myself. They take a 1 year employees word and I believe it was all a set up. Good luck if you choose this p corporation
Steady work with no advancement
I liked my job but I definitely felt as though growth was not appreciated or acknowledged. I felt because of my age I wasn't taken as serious (I started at 18) and because the dynamic of me being so young as opposed to the rest of the staff, I was overlooked in new opportunities to grow dispite having the knowledge and work ethic for it. There was also not many opportunities to branch out or move up within the company. I felt stuck and was no longer being challenged.
Judgemental
Never let me take my vacations I wanted
I had to go with what they said. Executives are all frauds. Owners came in to cannery to just destroy my passion.

And became mental
Pros
Learned by myself
Cons
Cant even say too many
Great Culture
Boyd Gaming is not like the other gaming companies. This company is family focused and passionate about a great customer experience. I love the people that I get to work with and I love coming to work everyday. We work at a fast pace to achieve our results and we are also encouraged to build relationships and put team members first.
You had the opportunity to learn multiple games
The company would give people or current game dealers the opportunity to take classes for other games. This gave us a variety of different things to learn. I enjoyed my time there. Management always took care of the dealers over any disputes.
Main Street Station Security
Don’t waste your time in a place that has wanna be police officers who actually think they can do the same things as police. Very toxic culture and security supervisors are under someone’s desk. They will force things upon you in regards to work which illegal.
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, Culture, Executive Management
Productive and fun work environment
A typical day at work is okay, some times rather slow and other times really busy. I learned smarter and shorter approach. I really liked my supervisors and management. I enjoyed the workplace, everyone was friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the pay. the most enjoyable part of the job was the team members and some patrons
Pros
Free lunches, nice co workers, Supervisors
Cons
healthcare, long post assignments, part time or on call
Behind The Times
There are at least 10 managers that I report to as this company is extremely Top-heavy and laden with emails. Everyone is constantly in CYA mode making it difficult to be progressive and deployment centric. They would rather not go live with a critical application or product and have to circle back 3 or 4 times Disrupting the business for fear of Being irrelevant
They do it their way
Boyd Gaming what can I say that has not already been said by countless others. I was told a lie to walk away from a permanent position to take contractor role with them under the understanding that I was going to be converted to perm in 90 days. Well 1 year later, after my manager walked away to manage another property, I found out that they were not renewing my contract. I was sold a book of lies and walked out from a perm gig that didn't pay well enough to take this role and was then burned by them.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Back stabbers.
Do not work for Boyd.
This is probably one of the worst companies you could work for. Failed management and leadership does not even begin to describe the calamity that is Boyd Gaming.

As a patron, these properties are dangerous to visit. The security supervisors, who are armed, sleep on the job. You can walk up to them, hit their desk and their chair and they will still be asleep. The management is aware of this - because they have seen the videos of their sleeping stars and respond with things such as, "He's been here longer." Any functioning adult does not need to be told how dangerous it is for an officer to be sleeping on the job.

The company does not care about the safety and security of its patrons. They care about money. If there is a domestic disturbance, the sleeping stars...once they are awakened, will waddle over to the disturbance, and say things like, "Can't we all just get along?" If there is a fight, that's fine, just tell the waddler you were going to spend $5.00 on a table game and you're fine. If you steal a car, that's fine - bring it to a Boyd property where a sleeping waddle star will eventually make their way to the stolen vehicle and contaminate the crime scene. Want to sell illicit material and offer your working girls? Make your way to a Boyd property. These stars will allow you to do whatever you want if you tell them you were going to spend $5.00 on a table.

Have you ever felt like screaming at servers and making crazy demands? Boyd properties are for you. When a waddling superstar eventually makes their way out to you, simply explain to them that you are entitled
 - more...
Bad management
The management is very poor they treat u like you are in prison the ppl in jail get treated better they talk to u any kind of way they just need better management
It was learning phase
Working for the Boyd Gaming was really crucial phase of my life I haven't spend much time but I learned a lot working for the Boyd gaming. I'll recommend this place to all my friends.
Decent place to start your career
Work table games at aliante casino. Tips are ok, but we’re severely over staffed so that cuts into what we can make. Most table games supervisors are good, but there’s a couple horrible ones who have no business being in charge of anything. Shift managers are nice, but spend way too much time in an office not having a pulse on the night at hand. There’s a reason a lot of workers including myself that are looking elsewhere
great environment
Working at Boyd Gaming Group has been great and great co workers. Each day you learn new things specially at your line of work. As a Carpenter each one of us help each other in order to succeed and finish the work on time.
Management does not communicate events and employees are left to figure it out on their own ..Second hand smoke and unruly customers were the cause for me leaving .
Horrible place to work
This is the worst place I ever work for. They give you an impossible to complete and blame you for not completing that task. The work/life balance is horrible. You cannot take care of your family, go see doctors, or enjoy the little things in life. Your are expected to devote majority of your time to the company. Your work extreme hours during close and expected to work 40+ during the non close periods. Do not work here if you want a good career in Accounting.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Boyd Gaming Corporation.