Boyd Gaming Corporation Employee Reviews

Big Company Local Charm
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2019
The company is growing and building. Currently in the midst of many needed process improvement initiatives. There is a lot of opportunity to grow with the company as it realizes it's potential in today's gaming and hospitality market.
Do not bother unless you're really in a bind.
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2019
Spent three years in the company, and is the purest definition of dead-end. On-call employees are treated like machines and little else; management expects you to work whenever they whim and punish should you refuse them. On-call workers are ineligible for transfers within properties and between no matter how many years you put in with the company. Even if you're part-time/full-time, management makes any meaningful upward mobility next to impossible. Company culture is virtually nonexistent save for making as much money as possible regardless of how staff is treated in the process. The customer base isn't much better, as unless they're hindering the money-making, their poor behaviors are overlooked.
Pros
Free lunches exist, but is liable to give you food poisoning, coworkers
Cons
Management, pay is lower than market estimates
Support Casino floors
Project Manager/Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2018
Provided technical support of casino floors across the country, Doing software development and upgrades. Workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of the job is being on call every weekend. The enjoyable part is the collaboration with co workers
Current employee las vegas goldcoast
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2018
Management sucks if your not one of their friends you stay in trouble. I never been in trouble so much for nothing. They think their metro, not their only security but so many power trips. To many corporals that they think their better. It's not team work here.
Pros
Free food but even the food sucks
Cons
Management is bad
Productive and fun work place
Lead Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  South Point Hotel and CasinoDecember 21, 2018
8 hours work days. Gratuity was part of our pay. I learned team work. Management was great. Culture was great. Job was fun and casual. I liked the cliental.
Great work environment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 2, 2018
It was a great place to work, and I would love to work for Boyd gaming if I have the opportunity. I enjoyed working with all departments and managers.

Thank you.
Pros
great people
Advoid boyd
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 30, 2018
In my experience with Boyd gaming there is an utter lack of any coherent management. I've lost count of the times I've been lied to. Ultimately they don't give raises. Loyalty and integrity mean nothing to management. I would never encourage anyone to work for Boyd. I have known many people that work at other casinos never have they experienced anything like the typical "boyd" experience. My interview was a "bait and switch" which lead me to endure conditions I would never had if not for the false hope of a future with this company which is a bold face lie.. they do not care about you WHAT SO EVER. The only good people ARE YOUR SUPERVISOR THEY SHOW THEY CARE BUT THEIR ISNT MUCH THEY CAN DO TO HELP YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE LIMITED. They pay? Forget about it if you think you can work and provide for ANYTHING on your own. This place is really a joke. I wouldnt advise ANYONE to work here at all!!!!!
They refuse to work with you ON ANYTHING!
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Avoid Boyd if possible
Senior IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2018
Compensation is very low (laughable). I only took the position because I was severed from a competing company and had the position thrown at me. They will lie to you about your position and title to get you in. My duties and title changed upon starting without renegotiating my compensation. Boyd Gaming Corporation is the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. The work is not challenging, no one seems to know anything or really wants to make a difference, make changes or cares to. Just bodies in seats. Not an innovative company at all. New ideas seemed to be frowned upon and old outdated processes are kept. They are miles behind the industry. I will say they are trying to become a better company, but low pay and lack of transparency about job titles and duties pushes people with talent away. If you want to come to work, not be challenged, do minimal work and collect a paycheck, then Boyd is for you
Pros
Discount at Boyd property movie theaters, There is a fair amount of good people here
Cons
Just about everything including mandatory PTO
They had free turkey giveaways during the holidays.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
The typical day was either hectic or very slow depending on how busy it was during the conventions were, because the conventions were the driving force for the restaurants, and the hotel. Also if you had a top billing shows at the resorts stage shows.

I learned a lot of new experiences and new types of cultural diverse relationships, because our resort had to cater to international visitors and out of state customers. The management were always trying to be upbeat, because we are to ensure the hotel guests are to be the best to ensure their return to our resort for the next time.
The hardest part of the job was that nothing was routine, there was always something different to do, we had to rotate our duties to other restaurants on the resort.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting tipped when it was needed most to see if I did my job well.
Pros
It was an experience that you had to learn the fine art of hospitality.
Cons
Business at the resort can be busy or slow pending on the flow of customers coming in.
ok place to work
Director of Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Tunica, MSOctober 29, 2018
nothing special but has work/life balance, The Internal Audit VP is not experienced but the Directors and Managers are very experienced and will assist with anything needed.
A Great Place to do Nothing
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2018
If you're interested in seeing what 1950s "Old Boy" systems are like, apply at Boyd. If you're a woman, a minority, or simply not a white male, do not expect advancement.

Salaries are about 26% lower than the national average (per role) and there is no direction to what an individual can do to grow. Raises are non-existent and management is unqualified and lack direction, avoid this company.
Cons
Unqualified Management, No Career Advancement, Low Salaries
Management needs reworking.
Dual Rate Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 17, 2018
My coworkers are honestly the only reason I have stayed as long as I have. The immediate supervisors are kept out of the loop just as much as the regular team members. It's the managers and directors who seem to have a lack of care for their staff, atleast for my department. We cannot retain employees due to the mismanagement of the current staff and the new hires dont see it worthwhile to stay because of the current climate. If you submit a suggestion using the provided suggestion box, you never even so much as recieve a response.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
There is no communication.
N/a
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  NevadaOctober 13, 2018
I enjoy my job at The Orleans but it is very hard to financially live on the wage Boyd gaming pays their Operators. There are no cost of living raises.
Worst management ive ever endured.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 2, 2018
Pros
Its a beautiful property
Cons
The total lack of professionalism among management.
Avoid boyd
Beverage (Current Employee) –  Henderson, nvSeptember 22, 2018
Do not work here. They treat you like garbage. Ran this place into the ground a long time ago. The gm is a real piece of work. Lp with a chip on her shoulder. If you like being talked down to and disrespected on regular basis then this is the place for you. They even try to set you up to get fired on the regular.
N/a
Digital Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
good company to work. Friendly staff and very good job security. The work culture is 2nd to none. The company is still growing so if you are interested in growth this is the best place
Wondeful work Envirnoment
Race & Sports Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
They care, and it sjhows. Gret atmosphere and wonderful people to work with on a daily basis. I am glad I came here. Wish I came sooner. People rave about the foosd
The Truth
Dealer Dice (Former Employee) –  Northwood, IASeptember 2, 2018
In the casino industry, you will be expected to meet the needs of the guest. So if you are required to stay late because they don't want to close a game, you're stuck. If it's too slow to keep people, you can get out, or be forced out. The hours are poor, and no incentive to work nights. You will be put on a schedule that is the low end of the totem pole, and you will drop the most tips, but you get payed the same as everyone that can't drop a dime.
Negative but easy
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mulvane, KSAugust 16, 2018
If you are looking for good pay without a degree, this is a good job, but not a career. Everything else else pretty much sucks about this company but I'll leave it at that.
Pros
Pay and easy work
Cons
Healthcare plus all employees are indisposable, just numbers
Enjoy my job, but I do work hard.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
As a manager at one of the properties, I do work hard, but enjoy my job. The management staff are friendly, collaborative, and supportive. Staffing is an issue, though. The company in general likes to work with a lean staff which generally means more hands on work, and less supervising, for managers.
Pros
Free lunch at the properties
Cons
Work weekends; sometimes 6 days/week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boyd Gaming Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight