Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Team Members
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 23, 2018
Every Work day there was a bit of a hassle but you still got through it. Team members there where absolutely amazing and always helped everyone through everything.
Fun workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 23, 2018
I went in for five hours a day, four days a week, and never had a problem. My fellow staff were really cool and got paid an generous amount. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend.
Great palce to be at
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 22, 2018
The Boys and Girls Club is awesome and i still volunteering their and now going to apply for a job i love it their , Great people to work with always something to do and are always busy but we all help each other out.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJune 22, 2018
This job was a great place to work with kids during after school activities. Everyone is able to work together to create teamwork and set good examples for kids.
Unless you die hard love kids. this is not for you
Membership Coordinator (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJJune 21, 2018
I've been withe the BGC for 5 years. And have slowly watched the management of my club go down drastically. I'ts not fun coming to work any more. The children will misbehave and when you try to correct it. YOU are the bad guy, but not to the children no, to the people above you. Double standards are also played. It's not run the way it use to be. They play favoritism with both staff and children. Nothing really to do for the older children. And all of the staff are not on equal pay!
Pros
N/a
Cons
amount paid and favorite
Great for those passionate to serve youth
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 21, 2018
Coming to work every day and being able to impact the lives of children is fulfilling in itself. Working for 'the club' is very different than other youth-based settings because The Boys and Girls Club of America centers itself proudly on its mission. The company does a great job enabling others to act, challenging the status quo, exploring the passions of a new generation, but mostly by having fun. There is never a dull moment.
Day at work
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Kotzebue, AKJune 21, 2018
I love working for the boys and girls club. this has been my only job since I have been in the work field. the children are absolutely amazing and the management skills are great
working with after school youth
youth professional (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2018
positive place for kids . activities . snack time. soccer, football, games. the staff is dedicated to helping you who may be challenged, or learning disabled to be included and feel part of the group.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
challenging personalities
Miss the kids
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2018
The kids are the best pet of the job. The pay was not fairly distributed amongst those with experience and those who just graduated with a degree but had never worked with kids. Degrees got more pay and could not even handle a child!
Pros
Many perks
Cons
Pay, vacation, health care
Review
Youth Development Worker (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 20, 2018
Working for the Boys and Girls Club of America was So much an amazing experience . I have enjoyed all the laughs and smiles from the youth. I will truley miss it.
Pros
Diverse environment
Cons
Not many things to do with kids
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAJune 20, 2018
While work for the boys and girls clubs I’ve picked up on some skills that will help me in the future. Day to day working you will find it full filling, learning as you go
productive and something new daily
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2018
there is nothing really to say besides that this place has been a life saver. Growing up in foster care this place was the only place to be. its friendly helpful and a safe place for kids to be kids.
Pros
the enviorment
Cons
lack of pay
Mission Driven On Ocassion
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 20, 2018
I have worked for a BGC site for years. I stand for the mission statement and what we are to uphold but often times we find ourselves overworked and emotionally drained by the end of the day trying to meet unrealistic goals and grant compliances. Our location has become increasingly larger (not necessarily a bad thing within itself) which means it needs more staffing and uses more resources. Unfortunately, money does make the world go around and so we rely heavily on grant and donor money to keep the facility running. While this may sound great we are not receiving that money without strings attached. In order to continue to receive that money, we must comply to the grant rules which often times means that children are required to participate in grant-funded "fun" programs regardless if they enjoy it or not to appease those donating. Often times we find ourselves issuing kids through a funded program solely on the money we will be earning from it and not for the kids. There have also been times when students who participated in an activity were not allowed to return to the same program because "we wanted to reach new kids and not the same ones". This can cause statistical information obtained to be difficult to interpret since they may get 100 children through the program but only a couple a day, week, etc. This causes us to lose the mission that keeps the facility full of kids and the mission statement we live by. How can we inspire and enable young kids in our community to reach their full potential when we are not providing those skills during their time with us. BGCA needs  more... to come together and reestablish the mission statement so we can continue to reach millions of children around the world with the sole purpose of our mission  less
Pros
Mentoring, engaging with youth, Full and Part Time positions, Break room area, Team building exercises/meetings
Cons
No much room for moving up in positions
Very energetic and educational
Library Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXJune 20, 2018
The Boys & Girls Club was one of my favorite places to work. It was so fun seeing the children grow physically and mentally over the course of the summer. It was very rewarding to see their characters grow through the many activities put together. This is a great job to gain experience at.
Fun workplace
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 20, 2018
Alot of my friends worked there and my sibling went there so it was of course fun and added fun to my summer.the trips was fun and i loved that as you worked you didnt have to feel like work it was like you was there getting paided to have fun
Pros
Free food, fun trips
Cons
Can be overwhelming
Working with the kids was the best reward
Activities Leader (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 20, 2018
Overall the Boys and Girls Club is a good place to work. They treat you well and work with you for the most part if you have certain circumstances that may occur.

Personally, they need better ways and time frame for calling in. If emergencies happen that is out of your control, they still write you up as not following procedures.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
Needs direct deposit. It's hectic on pay days picking up checks.
Not bad
Athletic Club Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJune 19, 2018
An easy college job with very little effort required except timed set up and needing to be on time. If you were assigned to set up a sporting event and were late or did not show up, obviously that would be problematic but otherwise you sit back most of the time.
Pros
Extremely easy
Cons
No room for advancement
work life
youth development professional ( YDP) (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, ORJune 19, 2018
It was a fun job, great kids, great coworkers.
It was fast paced and not all of the kids got along with you or with other kids. You had to adapt and learn how to handle different kids.
Pros
it is fun
Cons
it is competitive for hours
Average First Job
Boys and Girls Club Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 19, 2018
No benefits, average management, normal first job.
Responsibilities include:
watch over kids ages 6-13
engage in activities with kids
brings kids to bathroom, to lunch etc
Amazing Place to be
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSJune 19, 2018
I loved my time there with amazing staff and awesome kids to work with! It's a great chance to change and mold young minds! Love the love at this place!