Boys & Girls Clubs of America Employee Reviews

Great program for helping out kids who struggle.
On site Director (Former Employee) –  Garland, UTJuly 18, 2018
The people you work with on a day to day bases are very good at training you and assisting with some minor problems that may happen on a day to day bases. .
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Not enough pay
I worked with well behaved kids .
counsler in training (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2018
I took the kids outside to play on the playground . I learned to work well with kids and to help them get along with other kids. The hardest part of the job was working with misbehaved kids. The enjoyable part of was working and building with the kids.
Pros
free luch
Cons
breaks
Great community center
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 18, 2018
Smooth, a little hectic at times, all kids are different, diverse cultures, environment is friendly, I love seeing kids happy. I learned all emotions are faced anytime.
productive and fun workplace
program assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at The Boys and Girls Club starts with member arrival and check in. After check in, the children play in the game room with board games, legos, puzzles, pool, video games, ping pong and air hockey. At 8:30, we all walk to Hopkins Elementary which is next door to eat breakfast which is provided by VISD or the children may bring their own. When all have finished breakfast, we head back to the club for a restroom and water break before we all walk to the playground for outside play. For the next few hours, the children are grouped with others of similar ages and participate in a variety of activities. At lunch time, we all walk to Hopkins again and then return to our designated group for age appropriate activities. At 3:30, a snack is served and then the children watch a movie until they are picked up for the day.
Productive fun place of work
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
Responsible for guiding and ensuring the safety of children as they engage in activities. Assist in the activity planning process, receive special training to fully supporting children, and lead them as they participate in events.
Fun place to work if you love kids
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2018
You work with students between the ages of 5 and 18. Students come from broken homes so they can be difficult to work with but if you have a passion for kids then this is the perfect job. It is not for everyone.
Although it was hard work with not the best management, it had it's great times.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2018
With the company being a non profit, I didn't expect benefits. The work load was heavy, but what we did made it worth it. Everyday we worked to make sure the kids went home happy, fed, and a little smarter.
Pros
Worked with my schedule, and great opportunities to make a change
Cons
No paid days off, no breaks.
na
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
great place to work. friendly people. management could use more work. needs more stability with main staff. too much turn over. if you love working with awesome kids, you will be fine.
Ok
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 17, 2018
Work-life balance was rough. Very high demand and unclear expectations with little time. Communication was shaky from management down, and constant last minute assignments were given with unreasonable due dates.
Pros
Good work environment. Great CEO.
Cons
Inexperienced Upper Management
Great place to woek
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, VAJuly 17, 2018
Great hours and work environment, its all about the kids. Great flexible schedule, always had opportunities for education and advancement. Cared about their employees.
loveable sunken place
Child Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 17, 2018
the pay is not equal to the work, but the staff is fun to be around and that is what sometimes makes the environment tough to leave...................
Very easy job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2018
It was a ver relaxed place. On a regular basis you work with kids. You'll help kids with their homework and really connect with them on a different level.
Productive and very cool job
COACH/EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Stemley, ALJuly 16, 2018
Typical work day would be come in at 9 help feed the kids breakfast then we would recite boys and girls club mission statement. we would then start the day off by either doing work or arts and crafts. Later they would have lunch, have recess and then end the day with movies or indoor activities and games.
I felt very welcome and part of the team
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 16, 2018
The Staff was very helpful and kind and boys and girls said Good Morning to me everyday. the only reason I felt is because a old back injury started to flare up again. had to go the physical Therapy three days a week
Pros
very friendly company
Cons
not enough hours given, for work needed
Productive and fun work space
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
There was required materials for me, as a worker, to get work down. They equipped me with a high end dslr camera and digital programs that advanced art photos. I was also taught the basics and more information about digital applications such as adobe lightroom and wix to further my knowledge in photo editing and and graphic design.
Pros
free lunches
Fun
Day Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chesnee, SCJuly 16, 2018
You are hanging out with kids all day, making sure they do their homework, play games, go outside, eat, and have fun. On fridays in the summer you go on field trips which you don't have to pay for
Cons
stressful sometimes
Don't get on the Murray Director's bad side
Employee (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTJuly 16, 2018
The Sugar House Club is amazing, but the Murray Club has a Director who treats people very poorly. The workplace culture is very stressful. Employees expected to know how to do things with no training.
The administration over the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake needs to train this individual on proper management or find someone else to run the Murray Club.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Management lacks experience
A leading organization for youth development and enrichment
SOCIAL RECREATION PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJuly 16, 2018
The Boys and Girls Clubs has a long history of providing the young people it serves with amazing programs and opportunities that are designed to set them up for successful futures, while at the same time fostering socioemotional wellness. The interactions between the staff and the young people attending the organization truly make the experience gratifying.
Pros
Rewarding work, great coworkers, good benefits
Cons
upward mobility within the organization can be difficult
fun work place
Assist the teaches (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
I love working with kids so it was a nice experience . everyday coming up with new things or fun for the kids was fun and not so challenging . if I ever went back it would for the kids. the boss wasn't very boss like if that make any sense
Pros
helping kids
Cons
lack of team work
Overall Amazing Job
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 16, 2018
This job is more than a job. It gives you reason. Boys & Girls Clubs of America has created such an amazing work environment that even the hard days are good . This job is amazing and it really does start great futures . Although it is a fantastic job you, yourself have to be dedicated to get everything out of it.
Pros
Healthy work environment