Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Great organization and meaningful work
Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
Received many opportunities of leadership development and growth. Organization is intentional about staying cutting edge and forward thinking. Create lifetime relationships and amazed by the name recognition by Bay Area residents.
Pros
Growth opportunities, work with youth and families
Cons
Every clubhouse is ran different
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2018
Full time gets pretty good benefits, 401k and hours. Part time is struggling to live. Monthly meetings about nonsense at different clubs, little holidays you'll be in meeting not at a BBQ
Pros
the individual team you work with
Cons
Everything else
Good Organization Mission, Terrible management
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 26, 2018
I had a very negative experience with a supervisor who was neurotic, unkind, and treated subordinates with disdain and superiority egotism. This was the worst type of leadership in all my 15+ years of working.

There are supervisors at this organization that provide a much more positive team experience.
Cons
On the admin side the work style is old school corporate that is quite hierarchal.
Fast Paced Mission Minded
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2017
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is an organization with high standards and values that provides amazing opportunities for our youth as well as for the staff to learn and grow. You will work hard in a very fast paced environment where demand is high and growing for our youth services. The work is challenging and high pressured to provide the best quality service and programming we can provide.
Pros
work with mission minded youth focused teams, mentor and coaching opportunities
Cons
if you can't give it your all for our inner city youth this is not a good fit
great place to work
Internship - Behavioral Health Specialist Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2017
works well with school schedule, awesome team to work with, very supportive management, amazing kids to work with, fun and very very very rewarding job
Great Culture
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2017
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco is a well run mission driven organization. Our staff is passionate and dedicated to their work of supporting our youth. If you are interested in making a real difference, this is a great organization for you.
Great organization with high character individuals working for them
Camp Mendocino Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2013
I was a late hire for them as their summer camp season was rapidly approaching. A quote from my HR manager was, "This is Johnny, he just started and he is already behind", that was the understatement of the year little did I know. There was a lack of infrastructure in regards to my immediate position, I was playing "catch up" while figuring out the best way to organize all of the information and data that we were receiving for the camp.

BGCSF had a terrific staff on their hands, all very high quality individuals who were very good at what they did.
A fun and safe place for kids
High School Services Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2012
Every day is a different at Ernest Ingold Clubhouse. This Clubhouse is known for its basketball team and aquatics program; however, many of its other departments are hidden jewels.

Want to know more about Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about