Boys Town Employee Reviews

maintance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 6, 2018
The job for the most part was laid back. Nothing was difficult, just had to do the job and get it done. I enjoyed working with my boss and he was the only other work associate I had.
Pros
pretty much worked on my time, but used it wisely.
Cons
there were really no cons, the job was simple.
No support
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2018
The culture and mission of BT is very good, if your on the main campus in Omaha. We were on separate location where the training and procedures of BT were not followed. Our job was threatened due lack of support onsite
Mission driven
Family Home Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 16, 2018
The people who work in the organization are people who go above and beyond the call of duty serving children and families. The passion to see every youth depart successfully is reflected by their daily devotion each day. Thank You
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Low Pay
Great company
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 2, 2018
Challenging and fast paced environment. Great leadership and administration. Given the chance to move up the company ladder. Guided supervision and colleague support.
Love the freeback and training opputunities
Assistant Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trabuco Canyon, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Company cared for its employees and invested in their training. Many opportunities to advance. Wish they never left California because I would have worked there forever.
Decent
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Working with board members was the highlight of the job. They were collaborative, encouraging and most of all inspiring to all- employees, kids, and each other.
Excelent
Head Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 23, 2018
Love boystown and love the cutlutre. had to leave because of my children and time constraints with the job I was doing. but my hourse were long and I had to work night.
Pros
gt
Cons
gf
Great Job!
Bi-lingual Care Coordinator Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 22, 2018
Great job to work for, everyone truly cares about the vision and mission. Biggest con is under staffed and the work/home life balance can be very shaky week to week.
Everyday was different
Assistant Family Teacher (Former Employee) –  Trabuco Canyon, CAOctober 6, 2017
Worked in the home with foster youth. learned how to manage behaviors and to modify behaviors. The people I worked with made the stressful days not as hard and the clients progress made each day worth it.
Pros
advancement
Cons
life balance
Rewarding Experience
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The job was challenging at time however what this job taught was that through hard work you can accomplish anything. I also felt that this job opportunity prepared my any a variety of other job opportunities in the future.
Great Mission
Foster Family Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. Most Managment was wonderful. Did not care for my direct supervisor's negativity and lack of accountability. Other than this Boys Town is great and is true to it's mission.
Pros
Did things to boost morale: e.g. employee workout room and free coffee
Cons
Difficult to do the job within the strict 40 hour work week
Putting children and families first
Senior Director of Program Operations (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIAugust 20, 2017
Good working environment where most people are there to help children and families be successful. Through behavior modification, it is exciting to see people go through changes that helps make them thrive
Entry level
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 14, 2017
Overall it's a good place to get experience in the psychology/social work field. Program director can be petty and immature when it comes to scheduling. Depending on what kids are there, it can be stressful or not. Keep to yourself and don't expect much of a raise. The job provides excellent benefits, but no room for moving up in the company unless you're willing to relocate. This is a feedback driven environment with potentially a lot of paperwork. If you're one to coddle children, this isn't a job for you. It's beneficial if you're a stern and understanding personality.
Pros
If you want, you can work 4 days with 3 off or 5 days on and 2 off, benefits, will work with your school schedule
Cons
Stressful, low pay, kids can be violent, schedule typically comes out a day or two before the new week starts
A Typical Da7
Family Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of driving to meet with clients, approximately 1-4 in a day. The grant consisted of working with the care givers of children who have been deemed abused or neglected. I would conduct a safety screen upon first meeting the families to ensure their safety. Services consisted of meeting once a week if not more for emergencies, which I was available 24/7. The visits included goals that the famlilies set to help reduce stressors in the home, as well as work on techniques with the care givers to reduce undesired behavior from the children in their home, Notes were taken to document the visits, as well as the progress for each family.
Great Mission, difficult work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2017
I am only part-time, but I love the BT mission! Helping children is a great way to feel like you make a difference. That said, the work is very emotionally draining and the human services field does not pay well in general.
Pros
Helping youth
Cons
low pay, hard work
Fun and easy going environment.
Nationally Licensed Common Sense Parenting® Coach (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2017
The particular department of Common Sense Parenting is ran by a group of professionals with genuine hearts who are transparent in regards to helping others.
Pros
Flexible work hours, great leadership, great product to work with, great people to meet within the larger community that are doing great things.
Youth Counselor
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 12, 2017
Making an impact in young children's lives is stressful but when you have a hardworking team, it makes the job that much more fulfilling. Boys Town is one of the best Non-profits I've experienced.
Pros
working with individuals who genuinely care about the world and the culture of Boys Town.
Cons
Long hours, you don't really have a life.
Great and fulfilling experience just knowing that you are making a positive difference in a young persons life!
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Qeens, NYJuly 7, 2017
I believe in the mission which entails changing the way America cares for our children! great place to work is you are here for the youth. this place isn't for you if you do not genuinely care for the children.
Pros
fufilling experience.
Cons
Lack of support from staff
Bt
Family Consultant/ Case Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
I do not wish to write a review at this time, thank you
The company is flexible with hours if you are a case worker. The work load is easy and the staff is supportive
I enjoyed coming in to work and making a difference with our youth and families
Assistant Family Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2017
A typical day of work for me was putting kids first and helping them implement skills they will be using to contribute to society. Giving them a sense of family and love. Everyday at work was different but what never changed was the feeling that I made a difference in someone's life even if it was a small change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boys Town. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight