Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews

Family oriented place to work
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 28, 2018
The hospital provides the sense of team work among its staff and that of quality care to its patients. Everyone, including myself, worked as one team towards the welfare of all patients.
Pros
Team work environment.
Cons
Very long of work hours required at times.
Bdh
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 7, 2018
Working at Bozeman Deaconess was a great way for me to get my foot in the door of the medical field. I worked here for 1 year and really enjoyed my patient to patient care and interaction.
this place had a friendly atmosphere
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 18, 2017
The management had a problem with persons who had more knowledge than they did and I was sent out to help set up for the new EPIC billing system they were changing to.
Pros
break room on site
Cons
poor management
Community oriented
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 12, 2017
A great place to work and support community health. The environment supports the growth of it's employees education and future success within the organization.
Great benefits but low pay and large work load
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 10, 2017
The benefits here are awesome, you accumulate payed time off as you work, the pay differential, medical dental and vision cost about $20 per pay check. As for the pay its self it sucks base pay is $10.50 and raises are yearly. You are expected to do triple the work that the other shifts do and get paid less. Shift supervisors are pretty good but the Management above them completely sucks.
Benefits
Cons
Work load, pay, Management
Bozeman Deaconess
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 24, 2017
I worked in an administrative role while i was attending college. The respiratory department was an amazing group of people and gave me a great deal of flexibility which allowed me to work 30+ hours a week while attending school full time which worked out great for me.
Worst Job I've Had
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 23, 2017
Management made a job that could be fun entirely unbearable. Co workers are amazing but it's not worth worrying about losing your job for no reason every day. Pay is horrible and the favoritism in the department is ridiculous. The manager of the department worries more about her own neck than her employees and will throw anyone under the bus in the blink. The "supervisors" know less than most of the employees so they're never any help and employees are expected to know how to do any and everything entirely on their own. The rest of the hospital looks at this department as a bunch of dumb young girls
Benefits
Cons
No support from management. No job security
Bozeman Deaconess was a great place to work
Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 6, 2017
Bozeman Deaconess was a great place to learn. The radiologist were very friendly and easy to work with. My manager tried to provide a department that would allow growth and friendship. I have even kept up with the staff from here after all these years.
Clinic
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  clinicMay 19, 2017
The worse place to work for, they are more concerned with turning the facility into a cooperation then patient care, f it were not for the medical need for the use of my benefits I would leave and gladly take a pay cut.
benefits
Cons
very cooperate oriented, does not consider their employees, you are just a body in a position
Upbeat and positive workplace
Unit Clerk/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 28, 2017
My manager was an exceptional leader and fully dedicated to the patients first and foremost. Also committed to making sure that all staff members had the proper training and supplies needed to perform their individual jobs to the best of their ability.
Pros
Discounts on meals & spa treatments
Cons
Twelve hour shifts and health insurance premiums
Worst place I have ever worked for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 16, 2016
Bozeman Health, specifically the Environmental Services department was the worst job I have ever held. It is a toxic environment. The department head and shift managers are horrible, playing little office games.

When I worked there, I was under constant harassment from the department heads and the nurses. Others have corroborated this. You will be made to feel like you are worthless. Talk to almost any member of that department and they will clearly express how much they hate it.

The only upside was the benefits. Bozeman Health has the best benefits in town. But the benefits were no where near worth the experience.

Do not work for EVS. It is not worth it.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
bosses, harassment, sabotage, being threatened to work on your days off or lose your job.
A nice environment to work in, with great people willing to trail
SENIOR PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 12, 2016
A great environment to work in. Many folks had college degrees and were willing and able to pass along their learned information to others.
Great Place to work
Registered Adult & Pediatric Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 21, 2016
Bozeman Health is a great organization to work for. We have an amazing team in our cardiology group. Working with Adult and Pediatric patients.
Small town hospital with friendly staff
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTDecember 14, 2015
Wonderful place to start off in medicine. I was able to see the entire hospital and what each team member did, which helped steer my career in the right direction.
Ever-changing but fun workplace
Nutritionist Associate (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 12, 2015
Good experience for students looking to get clinical experience in nutrition. It was very flexible with school schedule and had a lot of room for advancement within the department. Pay was great too for being a part time job. The team was very professional and each team member really helped you feel like you were part of a family.
Pros
Pay, free meals, great spa benefits, flexible schedule, professional work environment
Cons
Staff had a more difficult time with communication
Fast paced, but fun at the same time
NUTRITION SERVICES RETAIL WORKER (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 9, 2015
It's very fast paced, and you learn most of the procedures for the job as you go along. The co-workers are knowledgeable, energetic, and willing to help. The hardest part of the job is all the down time between the rushes, but the most enjoyable part is getting to know people between the rushes.
providing customer service in healthcare
Clinic Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 19, 2015
Receptionist: Busy phones right at 8am up to 20 calls waiting for Dr apps, med refills, urgent healthcare questions, etc... Scheduling, taking messages for doctors, preparing appropriate forms for patients, data entry, fast paced office

Most rewarding: co-workers, free lunch up to 2 times a week

Hardest part: work one day a week late until 7pm-8pm and one Sat every month
Pros
free lunches up to twice a week
Cons
fast paced urgent high demands
Health Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMarch 31, 2014
Would come in everyday greet patients who had appointments would check them in take copays if needed. Answer phones, send messages to nurses through Nexgen. Schedule CT scans, MRIs, Biopsy's ect.. Send patients to other providers. work on Medication prior auths so the patient can get there medication.

Medical records for patients when requested or sending records to other providers apon requests.

My hardest part of the day was prior auths due to your on the phone with Insurance companies.

Easiest part of my day was the morning checking patients in for appointments.

What I enjoyed about my job was that most of us worked as a TEAM what I mean by that is we worked together not against each other.
Pros
Free lunch 2x week
Cons
Not long enough lunch break
Team Player
Staff MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 25, 2013
For the most part BDH is a TEAM player . Physicians and Staff recognize you as a person and profesional ! I have been very happy here and would recommend this institution to anyone looking for a career , and would not hesitate being admitted as a patient !
Pros
Employee Discounts generally good.
Cons
Lunch/breaks can be short.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 19, 2013
It is one of the best hospitals in Montana And the work is Honest..
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Low Wages