Bozeman Deaconess Hospital Employee Reviews

administrative (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 22, 2019
Management is severely lacking and the workplace culture is a clear representation of this in every aspect; there is no accountability and the typical mumblings heard around the office are of dissatisfaction. Perhaps they should focus on the accomplishments and ensure employee appreciation more than getting wrapped up in the petty drama that has a tendency to occur.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 6, 2018
Management was awful - The new young manager quit listening to suggestions to improve job performance, and demanded a license not even needed or used in daily duties.
Pros
Eto
Cons
revolving management
great fellow co workers and staff
current employed physician (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 1, 2018
great patients, minimal support from administration, no leadership support from above, primary care not appreciated, direction of B2 and other services were contrary to what physician staff wanted. no voice for physician staff.
extremely poor administration communication towards practitioners. very undervalued mid levels. focused on financials and production, not quality of care delivery. community clinic a much better service for the community. they respect physicians and listen to their needs.
don't waste your time with this organization as a mid level or physician as administration will not respect your direction or needs.
unfortunately there are not many places for us to go here in the community. we aren't happy as a whole regarding the physician staff. if another organization moved in many of us would leave.
Pros
fellow physicians and consultants
Cons
administration, Ceo
Radiology
Radiology Scheduler-Casual call (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 24, 2018
Manager refuse to get involved in daily function of department, spent time in meetings, would not communicate with staff. Unwillingness to help co workers, very cut thoart
Cons
Team members are nice enough
Chef (Former Employee) –  BozemanOctober 20, 2018
Stressful due to high turn over rates. Boss is nice. Decent pay but not enough to make a living. No daycare discounts. Health insurance is kinda expensive
Pros
Free food 20% discount
Limited experience with this company as I was a student at the time
Phlebotomist/EKG tech/DOT BAT Drug Tester (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTOctober 15, 2018
Limited experience with this company as I was a student at the time, management in my department excelled, the overall culture of the company needed some work
Family oriented place to work
Medical Laboratory Assistant/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 28, 2018
The hospital provides the sense of team work among its staff and that of quality care to its patients. Everyone, including myself, worked as one team towards the welfare of all patients.
Pros
Team work environment.
Cons
Very long of work hours required at times.
Clinic at Bozeman Health
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 29, 2018
The clinic atmosphere allowed me to come back to work after having a baby and be able to pump when needed. I was happy to get back into patient care and still feel that I was taking good care of my new baby.
Bdh
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 7, 2018
Working at Bozeman Deaconess was a great way for me to get my foot in the door of the medical field. I worked here for 1 year and really enjoyed my patient to patient care and interaction.
this place had a friendly atmosphere
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 18, 2017
The management had a problem with persons who had more knowledge than they did and I was sent out to help set up for the new EPIC billing system they were changing to.
Pros
break room on site
Cons
poor management
Community oriented
Certified Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 12, 2017
A great place to work and support community health. The environment supports the growth of it's employees education and future success within the organization.
Great benefits but low pay and large work load
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTNovember 10, 2017
The benefits here are awesome, you accumulate payed time off as you work, the pay differential, medical dental and vision cost about $20 per pay check. As for the pay its self it sucks base pay is $10.50 and raises are yearly. You are expected to do triple the work that the other shifts do and get paid less. Shift supervisors are pretty good but the Management above them completely sucks.
Benefits
Cons
Work load, pay, Management
Bozeman Deaconess
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 24, 2017
I worked in an administrative role while i was attending college. The respiratory department was an amazing group of people and gave me a great deal of flexibility which allowed me to work 30+ hours a week while attending school full time which worked out great for me.
Worst Job I've Had
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 23, 2017
Management made a job that could be fun entirely unbearable. Co workers are amazing but it's not worth worrying about losing your job for no reason every day. Pay is horrible and the favoritism in the department is ridiculous. The manager of the department worries more about her own neck than her employees and will throw anyone under the bus in the blink. The "supervisors" know less than most of the employees so they're never any help and employees are expected to know how to do any and everything entirely on their own. The rest of the hospital looks at this department as a bunch of dumb young girls
Benefits
Cons
No support from management. No job security
Bozeman Deaconess was a great place to work
Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTAugust 6, 2017
Bozeman Deaconess was a great place to learn. The radiologist were very friendly and easy to work with. My manager tried to provide a department that would allow growth and friendship. I have even kept up with the staff from here after all these years.
Clinic
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  clinicMay 19, 2017
The worse place to work for, they are more concerned with turning the facility into a cooperation then patient care, f it were not for the medical need for the use of my benefits I would leave and gladly take a pay cut.
benefits
Cons
very cooperate oriented, does not consider their employees, you are just a body in a position
Upbeat and positive workplace
Unit Clerk/Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 28, 2017
My manager was an exceptional leader and fully dedicated to the patients first and foremost. Also committed to making sure that all staff members had the proper training and supplies needed to perform their individual jobs to the best of their ability.
Pros
Discounts on meals & spa treatments
Cons
Twelve hour shifts and health insurance premiums
Worst place I have ever worked for
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 16, 2016
Bozeman Health, specifically the Environmental Services department was the worst job I have ever held. It is a toxic environment. The department head and shift managers are horrible, playing little office games.

When I worked there, I was under constant harassment from the department heads and the nurses. Others have corroborated this. You will be made to feel like you are worthless. Talk to almost any member of that department and they will clearly express how much they hate it.

The only upside was the benefits. Bozeman Health has the best benefits in town. But the benefits were no where near worth the experience.

Do not work for EVS. It is not worth it.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
bosses, harassment, sabotage, being threatened to work on your days off or lose your job.
A nice environment to work in, with great people willing to trail
SENIOR PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 12, 2016
A great environment to work in. Many folks had college degrees and were willing and able to pass along their learned information to others.
Great Place to work
Registered Adult & Pediatric Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 21, 2016
Bozeman Health is a great organization to work for. We have an amazing team in our cardiology group. Working with Adult and Pediatric patients.