BPL Plasma Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Phlebotomist, Machine Tect, & Lead (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 15, 2019
Laid back place to work at.... people are cool and we all got along and basically was like one big family at the one I worked at in Ark.................
Pros
Good learning experience teach you everything you know
Cons
Pay need to go up
The management and corporate use people, no career advancement
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 13, 2019
The company use to be a good company when it was ran as DCI biologicals but after becoming BPL Plasma that all changed. As an employee you do not know when your work day ends because there is only a start time on schedules, no end time. So one any particular day you could work a short day of 2 hours or a long day of 12, it just depends on how busy it is and if you are close to your 40 hour work week. This makes it really hard to schedule any kind of appointments and have an outside life. At the time I was there, regional manager was teasing people about promotions but never followed through.
Great place for growth, travel
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 11, 2019
It is a very great company and the job keeps you on your toes. Every part of the job and every employee plays a very important role when it comes to taking care of our donors. Great and challenging place.
Pros
Get to travel all expenses payed
Cons
negative employees bad habits
A Terrible Place to Work
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 10, 2019
A terrible place to work. QA management was horrendous. My supervisor was more concerned with painting herself in the best light. She often would point fingers at other QA staff members rather than try to work together with them to solve problems at the center. When out of center QA management was in center she was obsequious and sycophantic towards them; often at the expense of her team members. Out of center management was completely out of touch with the day to day operations of the centers they were responsible for overseeing. Oftentimes we would be given directives from out of center management personnel to rearrange the center or other nonsensical "busy work" tasks to make them feel like they had some control over the center.
My paycheck was never an issue, but members of the line staff were frequently not paid for promotions or other pay raises. This issue took months to fix.
Pros
Decent pay. Overtime.
Cons
Everything else.
Fast paste workplace
Team Leader Medical Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 9, 2019
a typical work day was to turn on all machines and perform daily collaborations, once everything is signed off by a quality assurance member, the doors can be opened for clients to be processed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no communication with management and too much favortism
Productive and fun place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2019
It is a great place to work with plenty of room for advancement. You get to meet a lot of people with different backgrounds. It is a friendly, clean and happy environment.
Just not up to high standards of competitors
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2019
When you visit or work at BPL and compare it to donating or working at...lets say Grifols or Telecris there is no comparison. BPL just is way behind . The other companies are much more professional and they run like a well oiled machine. More donor friendly and employees seem so much more content.
Pros
Uhhhh...drawing a blank.
Cons
Chaos, turnover, noisy, lack of professionalism, few holidays
I had a wonderful experience here
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TX 76301April 3, 2019
Becoming a phlebotomist was a great experience and I learned a lot about venal punctures and blood and plasma work. I would recommend this job to anyone willing to learn something new. Pay could have been better though.
management not professional
Medical Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 27, 2019
to much bullying of workers that always went above and beyond only because of favoritism. if u do not know management from previous centers u can say good bye to any kind of advancement
Very ghetto, unprofessional, discriminatory place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2019
The management is unprofessional and discuss employees personal sick time business to other employees they cut your hours you can't pay bills with this job. They play favoritism so there's no room to grow no matter how much you kiss their tale. High turnover rate due to unprofessionalism no good benefits medical insurance is expensive. You will have to donate twice a week in order to pay your bills. The pay sucks and no raises are given. They promise you raises but never give them to you.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while.
Cons
Poor wages unprofessional no raises
Confused, disorganized, and reflexive
Business Development- regional for Texas (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 21, 2019
Centers vary in quality but leadership from corporate office is marginal at best. Reflexive decisions rather than strategic planning. There’s room for advancement, but they cap a promotion at 10% increase, so be wary of low-ball initial offers.
Pros
Great service for Plasma donors and patients, good line staff
Cons
Poor leadership, poor quality controls
Run away
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMarch 21, 2019
A lot of cover up and favoritisms. The quality girls are breaking the law by covering management’s illegal activities. The center manager almost always come to work drunk. If you are not white or don’t do what they do you will target you and fire you. The training is a jok as the trainer has no clue what is she doing.
Mixed Bag
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2019
There is urgency on the part of management to improve the company but in my time there it had not progressed. The reluctance to promote internally was particularly discouraging.
Fast pace work place, intresting to learn
Donor floor tech (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 14, 2019
It was a very fast pace workplace and interesting to learn how to collect plasma and how it all worked. Management could have been better but with the pay we all made I don't expect them to care to much about their employees.
Pros
fun learning place
Cons
management not caring, proper ppe not followed
important step in life
Medical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZMarch 7, 2019
getting to help people save lives through the plasma world side of things. quick easy process after getting signed up and puts extra cash in your pocket for doing a good deed
Pros
saves lives
Cons
not always allowed to donate due to medical history
Go For It
Assistant Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 7, 2019
Great placed to work. I would say overall it was a good place to work. I Think it was tougher dealing with the clients than it was working for BPL Plasma.
Like high school.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Management just wasn't what it should be for how busy the center gets. Pay was awful for how much work and running around you. Documentation was a problem because donors who are rude and nasty or who sexually harrass workers never got documented so they wouldn't get deferred. Coworkers were more worried about talking about other people than doing their jobs, and the ones "in charge" on the donor floor (well some not all) were lazy and rude. I did love what i did but the work environment was just terrible. And NO overtime is allowed, if you got OT they would have you take longer lunches.
Pros
Liked the job duties themself
Cons
Coworkers, hours and pay
Disorganized company with scattered management
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 13, 2019
I accepted the position because I was promised the center quality manager position after appropriate training. I found out on my own that I would not be able to take the position. Management is a disaster; no one seems to be able to keep anything straight, even with SOPs to follow. My supervisor is unprofessional and has a bad thing to say about everyone. Because I'm dependable I get stuck with long hours. A lot of promises are made but are never intended to actually come into fruition. Getting raises is a fight despite staff being the most valuable function of the business. All the money is in corporate.
Pros
Paid travel opportunities
Cons
Long hours, standard operating procedures that must be followed, long gaps in between training, disorganization
Stressful and unorganized
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARFebruary 12, 2019
There was always changes from corporate people that were barely in our center. It was very unorganized and messy. The pay is not good at all compared to the amount they make off the plasma.
Management staff has complete lack of communication to there staff
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZFebruary 11, 2019
Overall BPL is a great company to work for, however Pto time doesn’t get paid out, even though time is earned by the employee I do not with to discuss this further

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BPL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight