BPL Plasma Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Advancements
QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXAugust 19, 2018
If you are willing to work and show your dedication, getting promoted is a breeze. Great atmosphere and love the people I work with. The managers are understanding and not afraid to get their hands dirty and work with the front line staff.
Very Unprofessional Environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXAugust 17, 2018
This job is great if you have no life and know nothing about equal opportunity. This location claims to care about military veterans but ostracizes them when they have difficulties due to physical disabilities. Very disappointed at the management's lack of effort to support their disabled veteran employees. Unorganized and political promotion system. No confidentiality of employee or donor information. Very unprofessional working environment.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Job/Working Environment
Good work place
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 17, 2018
Good atmosphere at work. You'd be encouraged by co-workers, room for advancement, some hard points I guess would just be that when you mess up with plasma, its not messing up just some food or good or service from a company its plasma donated from people to make important medications for people and in a good way pushes you to try harder not to mess up while still not firing you upon first mistake. overall good place to work.
Pros
nice break room, keurig, health and dental.
Cons
don't be late would be all I could say really but I was never late.
Not Bad
Business Development Specialist/Medical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 14, 2018
Like every company, this one has some issues. They are constantly working on improvement, which is good and bad because procedures change almost on a weekly basis.
Stressful
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 7, 2018
Everybody is quick to bark orders, but nobody wants to work.is always something going on. There's rumors and gossip. It's very hard to advance with proper training.
Pros
Those who can donate got $50 per donation.
Cons
Short breaks
Expect to work hard for less money and opportunity than you want
Processing Technician/Designated Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 3, 2018
I worked very hard here and it really seemed like they were going to do me solid and reward my extraordinary work with promotion and opportunity, but they failed me and I became spited by them just like my fellow employees. You get paid less than $10 which is well below the median for such work I believe. It just doesn't get much better once you start working here.
BPL was a fun place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 31, 2018
I start at DCI Biologicals, LLC, however BPL bought them out and terminated all the Salary employees. They replaced use with their employees, and had to close the doors to train their staff.
Pros
It was a great place to work, along with good benefits.
Cons
I lost my job.
It was ok
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 29, 2018
It was an om place to work at but i found a better job with more money an they got mad they workers are rude an smart they require to much for litte pay
Fast paced fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2018
The people that work there are great. It's always fun to get to know the donors and interact with them on a weekly basis. The managers there have been there a while and seem to know about the company.
Pros
Extar bonuses for employees
Cons
7day work week.
It was stressful but the employees made it worth the wild.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 12, 2018
I learned to face my fears with this company. They only issue was that management didn't give credit where it was due. Especially to the trainers and assistant managers.
I dont recommend
Senior phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
I had a terrible experience and I have switched fields. This location has made me lose faith in humanity. I finally quit after getting yelled at for trying to get one drink of water in 5 hours. Their turn over is terrible, and the employees that remain are punished by what is upper management's doing. They sell you a dream I'm the beginning and then turn on you.
Pros
You will be given donors to gain experience in phlebotomy with
Cons
EVERY SINGLE THING ELSE. wayne has ruined his company
Knowledgeable activities.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 2, 2018
The 2 1/2 yrs working for Bpl has been an experience that has really shown me the Importance and given knowledge about the effects of saving a life. It's a great place for college students to receive money and at the same time save lives. The hardest part of the job is when summer come and business is slow. I would tell someone who's looking for work to give them a try.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Sent home from low productions in business.
Fast Pace
Receptionist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2018
A Great Beginners experience. Definitely a good place to start to be able to gain knowledge for a different company. Overtime expected to be worked. Sometimes delays on raises
underpaid to do a million things uneducated operations
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJune 13, 2018
work hard get paid pennies, always know and be told "you are replaceable". Moody manager that is not fit to manage people due to attitude and inability to handle situations properly. Any ideas you have are not considered equally. You are put in situations where you have more integrity than the people managing. enjoyable part is they have a good scheduling.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad Turn over, unprofessional management, bad pay, overwhelming, unorganized company, conflicting training material, and lack of discipline and integrity.
Dont give them your all
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJune 9, 2018
I worked at BPL for 2 years, started when i was 4 months pregnant. We worked 12 hour shifts and ME personally i never called out, came in late, left early (unless they made me), and i was trained exceptionally fast, so the manager said.
I came back after my baby first birthday, and jumped right back in, i was even told i would be promoted and given a raise. None of which ever happened. I warned them i would be getting a second job, and got their okay, but when i came to them with a part time, 3 day schedule, i was told that i had to pick a job becuase they couldnt accomodate to my new schedule. I felt some type of way because every and any one else gets to work their schedule howeber thwy want, calling in when they want leaving when they want. I respected and followed all rules and got nothing in return.
Pros
None.
Cons
Favoritism
Very fun and educational place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 9, 2018
Very fun and educational place to work. The donors are enjoyable. Each day brings a new experience. There’s always the opportunity to move because Bpl plasma promotes from within the company. If you go in with an open mind willing to learn you can move from area to area pretty quickly. The training there is very in depth everything is by SOP. Everyone you work with is willing to help willing to answer your questions and give you the information you need to succeed in this business.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
No designated end of shift
Decent
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 7, 2018
I learned a lot of skills for BPL but I don't regret leaving the establishment. It was a good enough job to pay bills, so that was the main reason why I held the job. I enjoyed the managers and my teammates, but when I was injured and others were injured there seemed to be no real concern for employees health.
Pros
Teamwork/Teammates
Cons
Lack of compassion/ order
It was good, steady work. Prepare to team build.
Plasma processor, Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NC 27834June 6, 2018
A regular day work be steady to busy in work, management is lacking a bit and staff is a little unprofessional. However, the donors bring good culture.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Short break
Rate this company to a 0
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 30, 2018
I have accomplished my Associates Degree in health science and I needed experience in the position working in an office setting. Well make a long story short I dedicated myself to the company by showing my full potential and they did not train the new hires professionally to my understanding. They're a turn over and want to get rid of you and fire you on the spot!! This is very serious and I would like to announce this message to all the graduates that are wanting to become successful.
Pros
Nothing positive
Cons
No professionalism
Highest Turnover I have ever seen
SENIOR CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2018
Fast growing company with no processes, extremely high turnover, wages are very low and no bonuses because they don't know how to run a business, and biggest of all- unrealistic job expectations with literally no resources. Everyone is miserable here!
Pros
Are there really any?
Cons
complete chaos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BPL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight