Bradford Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Limited. Transfers to sister hospitals.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAJuly 20, 2019
I was very happy at BRMC for 20+ years until Kaleida Health Facility took us over. They are closing OB and limited the OR. Most patients are being transferred to other sister facilities. Most days they lack surgical and orthopedic coverage.
Pros
great nurses
Cons
limited resources, limited specialized care -
Scary to work here
Nope (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAMay 28, 2019
You never know what's going to happen today or tomorrow. Will you be let go too? Will you EVER get a raise? I haven't received a good raise in 5 years yet the upper management take home multiple paychecks
Family oriented
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 7, 2019
BRMC is definitely like an extended family. They offer new nurses many opportunities for learning and growth. BRMC exhibits the essence of teamwork throughout the facility..
Good Company
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAFebruary 1, 2019
I have worked with this company for the last few years, overall not a bad place to work. Benefits could be better, pay is fair. Overall it compares to other hospital setting jobs.
nice people
materials management and dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAJanuary 6, 2019
I had a good staff to work with. Each part of the hospital has friendly and helpful employees. All employees are respectful of the patients as individuals and of their needs.
hosiptal
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAJanuary 4, 2019
I woud come in help in the kitchen cook things as need. prepare dinners for mother meals,the dinners for big confrence people, assist the chef on the daily base stuff the need to be done. Set up out front of the line for dinner. Temp control on food,salad bar, serve people as need to.
Solid community hospital
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAOctober 23, 2018
Great place to work on advancing skills and knowledge. Coworkers become more like family- has a close knit feel to it. Very clean- people take pride in this hospital.
My review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAOctober 11, 2018
My work environment is a team effort of staff whom like and respect each other, I like coming to work. A typical day for me at present as charge nurse, Once I arrive, I get report from the previous charge nurse, go over staff assignments, and discuss any new developments including equipment malfunctions, new education for us to learn, Then I start triaging because we usually are short staffed so I am also triage nurse all night long as well as have my own patients. The ER doctors are pleasant to work with. Management has been a challenge, as our manager for the past 3 years just got terminated, and we currently don't have a manager until October 15. Acting fill-in is the manager of OB. The most enjoyable part of my job is my peers, no matter how hectic it can get we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is when we are more than one nurse short staffed. At times, that can be unsafe staffing and at this time, we have only the house supervisor to assist us. I do like my job and frequently work overtime, but would love to travel at this time in my career.
Productive place
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAAugust 1, 2018
Worked as a student radiographer technologist and learned a lot through the program. Had a great time, but the clinical site at Bradford regional medical center was one of the worst.
Fair place to work
Case Manager of the Inpatient Psychiatric Unit (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PA 16701July 9, 2018
No advancement available, difficult patient population at times. The psychiatric unit and substance abuse rehab where I worked had continuous turnover due to low pay. Often difficult for frontline staff to get time off due to no coverage by PRN staff.
Pros
PTO is good after 10 years
Excellent Nursing Care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMay 21, 2018
Nursing staff are dedicated to learning and improving patient care. The nurses work together to meet patient needs. They take the time to educate their patients.
Nice team environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAApril 20, 2018
Great place to work they are increasing wages to a competitive amount and managers on the units helping out. Team work is encouraged and opportunities to join committees such as shared governance and patient safety champions.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Need more nurses
not a good place
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 25, 2018
low pay, no charge nurse, people weren't friendly, no team work, benefits were good, worked full times but qualified for food stamps and medicaid due to low pay. nurses weren't respected but treated as just help.
Pros
Cons
low pay
ok
MHT (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PADecember 8, 2017
the employees were terrific to work with management tried but had their hands tied due to human recourses and CEO. Would not offer a fair wage for degree.
Right now
Staff Nurse ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAOctober 27, 2017
I do a 7 pm to 7 am the rotation at work. I work in a 5-bed unit and when closed we float out to the floor or the ER. To assist them. I do my clinicals during the day. If I am not too tired. Usually an eight hour day, then go home to sleep. I enjoy work and have a positive attitude.I like to rotate and learn how each unit functions.
Poor place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 5, 2017
Poor management. Frequent understaffing. Does not respect employees. Favoritism abounds. If you are not in their accepted group they manipulate reasons to terminate. Age discrimination.
Pros
A job
Cons
Everything else
Environment
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PASeptember 22, 2017
fast paced, fun and always on the go no real downtime. Great coworkers and people usually pretty friendly and helpful most days. Great benefits and PTO time
Decent place with decent salary for area
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PASeptember 21, 2017
This is a fair company that pays well and has good benefits for the location it is in. It offers a lot of opportunities to advance in your job and provide safe patient care.
Good
Certified Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PASeptember 17, 2017
Good place to work. Been there 21 years. Love the job in medical coding that I am doing. My manager is very helpful and good. I love all my co-workers.
brmc
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAJuly 31, 2017
This is a a great place to work . The staff and managers do listen to your concerns and make sure that have the tools you need to succeed. You have to be self motivated and driven to make it in this field.