Bradley University Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant Duties
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 17, 2018
As a graduate assistant iam required to grade the home work assignments and the lab reports on a daily basis and prepare the lab prior to the experiments and also provide the students with the daily updates of classes.
Pros
Awesome study and work environment.
Cons
I feel that we dont have that much of a practical exposure
Good Experience
Graduate & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Brilliant platform to learn and work, professors helped me a lot to manage work and study balance.

It definitely helped me to understand the concepts better and improved my grades.
Pros
Earn & Learn
Cons
stressed out weekends.
Excellent place to build all-round personality
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 7, 2018
the work was driven out of my passion. So i felt very enthusiastic whenever i entered the laboratory. It was tough to manage working hours in the day time so i got special permission to work in the night and it was the most fun part. The hardest part of the job was to catch the pace of work as i had 6-9 credits hours of school and on top of that i was doing academics projects for experience as well.
Pros
Coupons, Good Will
Cons
Dealing with chemicals
I wouldn't mind working there again. It's a very fun place
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 31, 2018
I would like to find another place like Bradley in my location but they have my vote. I'll work there again. The people around me was very friendly and very well mannered. Good place of work
Pros
Nice people, being able to interact with the students and communicate
Cons
Lots of busy days
Productive and fun
Student Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 15, 2018
It is a great job for students. You can schedule your own hours and have the option to choose which position you work each day of the week. The administration is wonderful and you will never have a boring shift.
Loved the Professor's I worked for!
Secretary in the Econ Department (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 7, 2018
Bradley University may be my favorite employment. Unfortunately, I was tempted by earning more money and left to accept a position with the State of Illinois.
Pros
Relaxed environment, friendly, positive
Cons
Low starting salary
This is a university work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 3, 2018
Understanding the course content and grade according to the grading procedures and policies and work along with the professor to develop the grading criteria which also helps to develop strategies to deal with angry or aggressive students.
Awesome time at Bradley
Intern (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 23, 2017
I enjoyed every bit of it. I would recommend working at Bradley because the people are friendly and the management is fantastic. The only downside is that the job is temporary.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
temporary
Ta
Teaching Assistant & map curator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 20, 2017
I was only a teaching assistant while attending school. I should not have to fill this out. there should only be for the last job you held. things change to much
productive and collaborative working style
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 14, 2017
worked as a graduate research student for the project "Reverse Energy Modelling" of a building to reduce the Energy Consumption and came up with the best soulutions.
Pros
Always had a chance to to learn something
Cons
Part time and less Working hours
Good place
Quality/Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 9, 2017
Each experience will be different, but this is the best place I have worked for. My boss encourages a work life balance and is more than happy to remain flexible for when the kids get sick or something else comes up. Even working remotely is an option
Great Place, great people good company
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IllinoisOctober 26, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Why?
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 3, 2017
This was a college job. I was an RA. Its exactly what you would expect from an RA job at a college. To describe this job I would say it takes a lot less than 150 characters.
Great place to work if you have college age children
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 3, 2017
Great health and tuition reimbursement benefits, however pay is quite a bit lower than industry standard.

Great overal, but sometimes it could be extremely hectic due to always being short staffed.
Bradley is a highly regarded, small midwest university
Vice President, University Relations (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 2, 2017
I was recruited away from another position to join the administrative staff at Bradley. At the time, I was not made aware that the president would soon be leaving.
While my time there was positive for the most part, it became clear that the new president would be bringing many of his previous staff with him, Seeing the handwriting on the wall, I left to pursue other options.
Pros
The university is in a nice community setting and is well respected.
Cons
Leadership of the institution was very tenuous and uncertain.
Overall Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 22, 2017
I worked for the Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department. Some semester were very challenging as teaching assistant. In general, I would say it was decent working here.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 21, 2017
It was a excellent experience working with the Bradley University by facing new challenges every day.The work given by the Professor is according to the schedules and is done in the right pace
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 14, 2017
Easy going work environment
Friendly people
Growing company
Open to new ideas and suggestions
Creative and innovative environment
Many benefits and opportunities to advance
Pros
Great people
Cons
Weather is cold
Stressful job
Central Communications operator/ Police dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 7, 2017
The job itself is a good job, but with the management and politics, it is a very stressful environment to work in. They are almost always short-staffed and the hiring process takes a very long time. It also takes them a long time to train people (up to 6 months).
Pros
Free schooling for yourself after a year of working there, free schooling for spouse/children after 4 years
Cons
Little to no breaks
Overall great job on Campus
Student Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 20, 2017
To be a tour guide it is hard to move up within admissions. However, I have had a positive experience gaining more knowledge about Bradley University.