Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

Great compay in decline for the future
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2018
Brady was a great company until management made several decisions to look out for shareholders vs employees. Many cuts to benefits, raises, and layoffs were what employees had to look for annually. Many of the longtime loyal employee programs were eliminated.
Can be a great place to work.
Value Stream Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 1, 2018
I've worked at Brady Corp. for a number of years, there have been both great things that have happened and some not-so-great things (as with all jobs). I know several people who have moved up throughout the company, with hard work and a good attitude (and the right opportunity) it can absolutely be done. On the other hand, I've known people who have been on the other end of that spectrum - they've tried their best and thought they deserved the job, and for whatever reason, didn't get it.
Overall, Brady is a decent company to work for - the managers, for the most part, try to do their best in making this a good place to work.
If you come to Brady with an open mind and a good work ethic (and have a little bit of luck), then you'll succeed.
Pros
Great team environment, decent benefits
Cons
Pay bands are still being updated, goals can sometimes seem unreachable.
New Grad Program
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2018
Do NOT work here if you just graduating college. It’s a dead end job NOT a career. They talk about how you can move up in the company but honestly in the Buffalo office there’s no where to even move up. Turn over is extremely high. They hire new graduates at a low salary rate. You won’t ever hit commission only ramp for 6 months. Management here is the worst. The trainer they have will sit right next to you as you make calls. Have to make 50 calls and trust me you will hear management go down your throat about it every single day. You also have scripted calls. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Glad I left when I did!
Brady
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer/Systems R&D (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Brady Corporation was a great company to work for. The working environment was superior to all other jobs I've had. The benefits were excellent and my salary was online with the market.
Lots of tradition and hard working people
Technical Support Manager/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2018
Company was mired in change when I left. New CEO was putting his stamp on the culture and teams were rebuilding.

Most days were spent documenting procedures, building/streamlining processes and looking for methods to increase sales.

Team members worked hard and felt underappreciated.

Overall, new products looked to revamp lagging sales and new leadership should capitalize on honeymoon period.
Pros
New Leadership and products
Cons
Top Heavy organization with little career growth opportunities.
Graduate Sales Program
Sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
This program offers an excellent career for any graduated who believes they have a talent for sales. Eight weeks of training is provided, covering systems, industry, regulations and sales training. I would encourage anyone interest in joining a great business like Brady to reach out to HR or an existing Seton or Emedco Account Manager via LinkedIn and ask their unbiased perspective.

Brady is investing millions in the Buffalo facility. New systems are being implemented to make selling and account management easier. Marketing is overhauling all of our material, and there’s a new website that will be highly leveraged to attract new, high potential customers to our business. We are definitely on the path to make this good company great!

Sure there are challenges, but it’s a reality for all businesses. Nothing worth fighting for is easy! Come join our team and see for yourself, and pick a career path that suits you. Starting with a commercial role can only make your position stronger, no matter the path you take. It worked for me!
Morgue
Sales (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The company could thrive and be an excellent place to work, but management is focused completely wrong on how to run a company.

The sales goals are impossible. With a recent restructure, their top sales associates are not able to hit their goals, yet their worst sales reps are hitting everything. It's become a matter of luck, not of skill, to hitting your goals and ultimately making your commission checks.

Management is non-existent and only has their best interest in mind, not the interest of their teams or employees.

Benefits are decent, but the atmosphere is a morgue when you walk in. I have never entered a sales building and felt such negativity without speaking to anyone before.

Advancement is minimal. Co-workers are decent, so that's a plus, but everyone is leaving. Turn over rate is insanely high. Micromanagement is the new way to motivate your teams, if you are doing things to make upper management happy.

In short, find something else and use Brady as a last resort.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Would be a good place to work if they listened to their employees.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2018
Short story here. They don't take the time to listen to the many issues that the company has towards it's employees. Yes it is an interesting place to work, and yes sometime's things get messed up and no body is perfect. I get that. But they want you to take the blame for every mistake without fully looking into a situation, because they don't want to put the effort in to do so. All I can say is if you apply for the picker/warehouse position, be prepared to get tons of errors, even if they are not yours. After years of service to the company you'd think they'd trust the words of the employees and care just a little more as to what is going on. People will "misplace" your parts if your not looking, and when you catch them and confront them about it, you have a target on your back.
Pros
Fast paced work. Makes the day go by quick.
Cons
Poor management. Shady coworkers.
Poor management
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
This used to be a great place to work, but over time things have changed for the worse. The benefits at Brady are good but there is no real chance for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not seem to care about the employees
0 chance to hit a commission check
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  WilliamsvilleNovember 6, 2018
Stay as far away from this place as you can. It’s a cluster of mangers who have no clue and a business on massive decline. You will never hit your sales target and I have a feeling management does it on purpose.
Management clueless
Distribution Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 24, 2017
Started out ok then reality set in supervisors managers and several talented people left within 8 months of my being hired. No one showed up for interviews and those few who did left within first couple weeks. Initially had a good crew but current supervisor threw everyone under the bus to obtain managers job. To sum it up sheep being led by fools who are under 30 years old. Their parents obviously spared the rod and spoiled the child. I miss the few good workers but overall not a very good place to work. Glad I left when I did almost made it a year but could not tolerate much more spineless backstabbing mid management
Benefits
Cons
Spineless kids in management roles cause their friends of the plant supervisor
Great Job and Company
Product Owner/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
Working at Brady was a great experience and was a big part of my life. Started in the tech support department and moved up to the R&D department. The only reason I am no longer there is because the company had to do a cut within the company.
Pros
Great workplace and positions
Cons
Too much change within the company that caused the cuts.
Not a great place to work. Very unprofessional
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Very unorganized environment, with rude and careless supervisors, or "team leads" as they call them. The leads or higher ups sleep around with each other and lower employees and brag about it until it's the talk of the facility, but what job doesn't have that right? The entire management is made up of closed circle of friends that rotate the higher positions amongst each other, so the same people will supervise or lead different areas of the facility for a few months and then rotate again each implementing stupid ideas that hinder production, and each displaying different abuses of power. They run the place like a sweat shop, and set BIG profit making quotas, making millions, promising employees bonuses for their hard work, only to tell them at the last minute that the quota was missed by .00001%. Meanwhile the leads and supervisors take home bonuses, tv's, and other rewards that the job often reminds you are available only to make you work harder. When I worked there, they rewarded us with pork sandwiches. YES PORK SANDWICHES!! Is there anything nice I can say about the place?... it has a nice break room
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No security
Good place for excellent work experience.
International Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2017
Brady globally sells high quality identification and safety products. They approach the market aggressively and professionally. So this is a good company for excellent work experience. Just don't expect to work there for your entire career. They change directions often which includes frequent personnel changes.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Brady restuctures often so plan on moving on within a few years
Punitive
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 21, 2018
Leadership has a punitive mindset. Leadership focuses on what employees do wrong (errors) vs accomplishments. Employee errors are used as a punitive metric during employee performance reviews.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
punitive environment
not bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 19, 2018
busy
sap&irms
to help others with uom problems.
management did not listen to any thing.
ok
if you needed help management would not send you help.
the people i worked with everyday.
do large customer returns.
Pros
friends &co wokers
Cons
bad management
Management in disarray
manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
Reported to 6 managers in just over 4 years which made it hard to advance in your role/position. Challenging work and work environment. Lot of changes in upper management and strategy really affects team org. Thus lot of people coming and going and lot of essential roles haven't been back-filled. I had to take on quite a bit more to move projects along. Also all the change makes it pretty tough to gain momentum and build on it. Upper management micro-manages just about everything...makes everyone more stressful than needed and makes work culture chaotic.
Pros
Fair compensation and benefits, Downtown location, Some ppl are very intelligent & great to work with
Cons
Not much support as far as human resources, People leave and positions just disappear, Micromanagement
Productive and Interesting Work Culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2018
While the work culture was not personally for me, there are many employees that have worked at Brady for years and find it a reliable and fulfilling career. I worked in the office and not on the manufacturing floor, but I found most people to be friendly, flexible and willing assist.
job is was fun and you can work slow
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2018
A typical day at work job start at 2 and end at 10;30. I learn for this jobs is safety work. work careful. my manger is nice the hardest part is you have to count little stuff.
Cons
30 min
Great employees, poor management and growth potential
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 1, 2013
My coworkers were great at this company. We always supported each other and worked together. The company pays well and the benefits are pretty standard compared to other companies in the area. Work/life balance is good as well. Never a need for excessive working from home or late hours.

The management always changed a lot due to restructuring of teams, project and jobs. It was difficult to get things done with managers changing so often. I was there for more than four years and while I worked hard toward a promotion, there were not positions available for me to move into. Training was only rarely and selectively offered as well.
Pros
great coworkers, good work life balance
Cons
weak management, lots of reorganization, little growth potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight