Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Graduate Sales Program
Sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
This program offers an excellent career for any graduated who believes they have a talent for sales. Eight weeks of training is provided, covering systems, industry, regulations and sales training. I would encourage anyone interest in joining a great business like Brady to reach out to HR or an existing Seton or Emedco Account Manager via LinkedIn and ask their unbiased perspective.

Brady is investing millions in the Buffalo facility. New systems are being implemented to make selling and account management easier. Marketing is overhauling all of our material, and there’s a new website that will be highly leveraged to attract new, high potential customers to our business. We are definitely on the path to make this good company great!

Sure there are challenges, but it’s a reality for all businesses. Nothing worth fighting for is easy! Come join our team and see for yourself, and pick a career path that suits you. Starting with a commercial role can only make your position stronger, no matter the path you take. It worked for me!
Productive and Interesting Work Culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2018
While the work culture was not personally for me, there are many employees that have worked at Brady for years and find it a reliable and fulfilling career. I worked in the office and not on the manufacturing floor, but I found most people to be friendly, flexible and willing assist.
Temporary job, but not in the field I want to be
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 2, 2018
I was temp to hire at Brady Corporation. There was a lack of communication between the temp agency and Brady Corporation, I would meet with the temp recruiter at Brady to go over my process, but there was never full clarification.
New Grad Program
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2018
Do NOT work here if you just graduating college. It’s a dead end job NOT a career. They talk about how you can move up in the company but honestly in the Buffalo office there’s no where to even move up. Turn over is extremely high. They hire new graduates at a low salary rate. You won’t ever hit commission only ramp for 6 months. Management here is the worst. The trainer they have will sit right next to you as you make calls. Have to make 50 calls and trust me you will hear management go down your throat about it every single day. You also have scripted calls. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Glad I left when I did!
A typical day working as a Field Engineer Supervisor
Safety Compliance Field Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2018
You wake up at 5am... be at the clients facility by 7am
You hang the procedures and tag the energy sources from the previous day.
You begin fielding equipment for LOTO procedures
When completed, you return to the hotel and begin writing the procedures.
When finished, you would print 2 copies of each procedure, 1 for clients machinery and 1 for the binder.
The procedure for the machinery would be laminated after printing was complete.
You would add the procedures written to the master equipment list and upload the written procedures to rackspace.
You then gather the necessary tags to be installed with the procedures the following day.

When this was completed, you would then log onto your field engineers sites and check their work for errors or defects. If any were found, you would call them or send them an email informing them what you found.

In between doing all of this, there were at least 1 gotomeeting to attend for best practices and software development issues.

I would normally get to bed by 1 or 2 am. Then begin the process all over again.

I learned that no matter how much you dedicate yourself to a company like Brady, you are just a number and your work was never appreciated by your managers..

The hardest part of the job was getting cooperation from the clients staff on large pieces of equipment like boilers. It was common for everyone to disappear when those came up on the list. And getting calls to go fix another field engineers work at another facility was a common issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to got to different
  more... places and meet and work with different people. This wasn't always good, but for the most part is was the best part of the job.  less
Good learning experience for start up company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2018
Work culture is fun and diverse, many many people different. Enjoy talking and learning about machine. Worc in different area and kept busy. Managment willing to listen and is engaged.
Pros
Ot, good people
Cons
lots of OT, no training
Not a great place to work. Very unprofessional
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Very unorganized environment, with rude and careless supervisors, or "team leads" as they call them. The leads or higher ups sleep around with each other and lower employees and brag about it until it's the talk of the facility, but what job doesn't have that right? The entire management is made up of closed circle of friends that rotate the higher positions amongst each other, so the same people will supervise or lead different areas of the facility for a few months and then rotate again each implementing stupid ideas that hinder production, and each displaying different abuses of power. They run the place like a sweat shop, and set BIG profit making quotas, making millions, promising employees bonuses for their hard work, only to tell them at the last minute that the quota was missed by .00001%. Meanwhile the leads and supervisors take home bonuses, tv's, and other rewards that the job often reminds you are available only to make you work harder. When I worked there, they rewarded us with pork sandwiches. YES PORK SANDWICHES!! Is there anything nice I can say about the place?... it has a nice break room
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No security
An entirely awesome company
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionFebruary 25, 2018
A company that promotes work life balance. A company that cares for both employees and families. A company that teaches on how to win the right way. A company that values everything.
Pros
work life balance
Overall pretty relaxed environment
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Managers were great. Atmosphere was relaxed by at times could be very stressful. I would recommend Brady as a place to work for short time/gain experience.
fast paced, productive work place
Tie out and order filling (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
fast paced, easy learning and training, have to be able to work in the heat, learn different techniques and different positions. mandatory 10 hr shifts 5 days a week
The Company Does Not Know Where They Are Going
Serving as Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Brady is a company that is not sure of where they are going in regards to their overall market strategy. You will get one manager the tells you that you should focus on speaking to Product Quality and Customization and then you get another manage that tells you to focus on Service Offerings.

This leads you with being unsure on what the company major focus is on and when your managers are listening in on your calls you will get negative feedback because you focused on the wrong thing when that manager was listening.

You are also required to make 50 calls per day 15 of those calls will have some type of lead attached to the call the rest will be straight cold calling.
very slow pace and not a 40hr work week only 37.5 which they dont tell you when they hire you.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2018
My typical day is very slow pace most of the time I sit behind a desk and do blue prints to solid work, I my get one call a week to go on the floor and take care of a problem usually operator error, I have taught myself how to run a milling and lathe machine making parts. Sometimes I do get the usually p.ms which we have to complete in two weeks but I get them done within two days. The hardest part is, is staying busy throughout the night.
Poor management
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
This used to be a great place to work, but over time things have changed for the worse. The benefits at Brady are good but there is no real chance for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not seem to care about the employees
Converting
converting area (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 27, 2017
Most of the people you work with are nice. Celebrating birthday party once in every month. Brady walk was fun. Free lunch sometimes. it's was a slow-go pace.
Pros
slow pace
Cons
The hardest part of the job
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 20, 2017
Well, I have to say management is very good and there was never a problem there. The one thing for sure though, the training for technical support representative was horrible. This person would not allow me to engage and expected for one to just grasp everything in short amount of time. I have never trained with anyone who made me feel so very unwanted for the role. If I was the CEO of that company, I would re-evaluate the person who does the training. All in one nut shell, the worst time I have ever had in a three months training session.
Pros
Vacation right away after employment
Cons
Some training staff are very bad at their job
Great Learning Experience and Talented Co-workers
Account Manager & Lead Product Owner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 17, 2017
Excellent company focused on employee development, community service, new product development and customer satisfaction. I would recommend working at Brady.
Avoid this place
Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
My direct team manager and team was great. Upper management is awful and at times appears clueless to what is going on across the board. Upper management also thinks that analytics and actual data are not important, making them the non-advancing company that they are.

For being such a small office in Chicago there is absolutely no work culture and is the type of cubical job that you dread to go to. (e.g. Get up, commute to work, work, commute home, eat, sleep...Rinse and repeat.) I would steer clear of this place, there is absolutely no loyalty to their employees.
Awful place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 2, 2017
Do NOT work here. Turn over is extremely high. You get punished for being a good employee. Managers are terrible and don't care about employees. Do yourself a favor and stay away.
Morgue
Sales (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 16, 2017
The company could thrive and be an excellent place to work, but management is focused completely wrong on how to run a company.

The sales goals are impossible. With a recent restructure, their top sales associates are not able to hit their goals, yet their worst sales reps are hitting everything. It's become a matter of luck, not of skill, to hitting your goals and ultimately making your commission checks.

Management is non-existent and only has their best interest in mind, not the interest of their teams or employees.

Benefits are decent, but the atmosphere is a morgue when you walk in. I have never entered a sales building and felt such negativity without speaking to anyone before.

Advancement is minimal. Co-workers are decent, so that's a plus, but everyone is leaving. Turn over rate is insanely high. Micromanagement is the new way to motivate your teams, if you are doing things to make upper management happy.

In short, find something else and use Brady as a last resort.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good place for excellent work experience.
International Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 13, 2017
Brady globally sells high quality identification and safety products. They approach the market aggressively and professionally. So this is a good company for excellent work experience. Just don't expect to work there for your entire career. They change directions often which includes frequent personnel changes.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Brady restuctures often so plan on moving on within a few years