Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

not bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 19, 2018
busy
sap&irms
to help others with uom problems.
management did not listen to any thing.
ok
if you needed help management would not send you help.
the people i worked with everyday.
do large customer returns.
Pros
friends &co wokers
Cons
bad management
material counter and seperator
Manpower Temp (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
Worked as a temp for this company off and on. did welding and separated parts from the machine.also was a piece counter and and to box and wrap up pieces to be shipped out
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Company works you hard but this pay is great and will give you overtime and extra days if you ask and willing to work they will let you work on your days off.
Overall good company with great co-workers.
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
Overall good company with great co-workers. Company has seen a great deal of management change in the past five years, leading to a lack of focused direction.
Pros
Co-Workers.
Cons
Lacking direction
Would be a good place to work if they listened to their employees.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2018
Short story here. They don't take the time to listen to the many issues that the company has towards it's employees. Yes it is an interesting place to work, and yes sometime's things get messed up and no body is perfect. I get that. But they want you to take the blame for every mistake without fully looking into a situation, because they don't want to put the effort in to do so. All I can say is if you apply for the picker/warehouse position, be prepared to get tons of errors, even if they are not yours. After years of service to the company you'd think they'd trust the words of the employees and care just a little more as to what is going on. People will "misplace" your parts if your not looking, and when you catch them and confront them about it, you have a target on your back.
Pros
Fast paced work. Makes the day go by quick.
Cons
Poor management. Shady coworkers.
Great Company to work for
Buyer Planner (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAMay 30, 2018
Awesome work environment!
Great job culture, enjoy almost every day working there. Unfortunately to growth opportunity that Im looking for is taking me to look into outside of the company
Can be a great place to work.
Value Stream Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 1, 2018
I've worked at Brady Corp. for a number of years, there have been both great things that have happened and some not-so-great things (as with all jobs). I know several people who have moved up throughout the company, with hard work and a good attitude (and the right opportunity) it can absolutely be done. On the other hand, I've known people who have been on the other end of that spectrum - they've tried their best and thought they deserved the job, and for whatever reason, didn't get it.
Overall, Brady is a decent company to work for - the managers, for the most part, try to do their best in making this a good place to work.
If you come to Brady with an open mind and a good work ethic (and have a little bit of luck), then you'll succeed.
Pros
Great team environment, decent benefits
Cons
Pay bands are still being updated, goals can sometimes seem unreachable.
Graduate Sales Program
Sales (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
This program offers an excellent career for any graduated who believes they have a talent for sales. Eight weeks of training is provided, covering systems, industry, regulations and sales training. I would encourage anyone interest in joining a great business like Brady to reach out to HR or an existing Seton or Emedco Account Manager via LinkedIn and ask their unbiased perspective.

Brady is investing millions in the Buffalo facility. New systems are being implemented to make selling and account management easier. Marketing is overhauling all of our material, and there’s a new website that will be highly leveraged to attract new, high potential customers to our business. We are definitely on the path to make this good company great!

Sure there are challenges, but it’s a reality for all businesses. Nothing worth fighting for is easy! Come join our team and see for yourself, and pick a career path that suits you. Starting with a commercial role can only make your position stronger, no matter the path you take. It worked for me!
Productive and Interesting Work Culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2018
While the work culture was not personally for me, there are many employees that have worked at Brady for years and find it a reliable and fulfilling career. I worked in the office and not on the manufacturing floor, but I found most people to be friendly, flexible and willing assist.
Temporary job, but not in the field I want to be
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 2, 2018
I was temp to hire at Brady Corporation. There was a lack of communication between the temp agency and Brady Corporation, I would meet with the temp recruiter at Brady to go over my process, but there was never full clarification.
New Grad Program
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 23, 2018
Do NOT work here if you just graduating college. It’s a dead end job NOT a career. They talk about how you can move up in the company but honestly in the Buffalo office there’s no where to even move up. Turn over is extremely high. They hire new graduates at a low salary rate. You won’t ever hit commission only ramp for 6 months. Management here is the worst. The trainer they have will sit right next to you as you make calls. Have to make 50 calls and trust me you will hear management go down your throat about it every single day. You also have scripted calls. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Glad I left when I did!
A typical day working as a Field Engineer Supervisor
Safety Compliance Field Engineer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 16, 2018
You wake up at 5am... be at the clients facility by 7am
You hang the procedures and tag the energy sources from the previous day.
You begin fielding equipment for LOTO procedures
When completed, you return to the hotel and begin writing the procedures.
When finished, you would print 2 copies of each procedure, 1 for clients machinery and 1 for the binder.
The procedure for the machinery would be laminated after printing was complete.
You would add the procedures written to the master equipment list and upload the written procedures to rackspace.
You then gather the necessary tags to be installed with the procedures the following day.

When this was completed, you would then log onto your field engineers sites and check their work for errors or defects. If any were found, you would call them or send them an email informing them what you found.

In between doing all of this, there were at least 1 gotomeeting to attend for best practices and software development issues.

I would normally get to bed by 1 or 2 am. Then begin the process all over again.

I learned that no matter how much you dedicate yourself to a company like Brady, you are just a number and your work was never appreciated by your managers..

The hardest part of the job was getting cooperation from the clients staff on large pieces of equipment like boilers. It was common for everyone to disappear when those came up on the list. And getting calls to go fix another field engineers work at another facility was a common issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to got to different
  more... places and meet and work with different people. This wasn't always good, but for the most part is was the best part of the job.  less
Good learning experience for start up company
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2018
Work culture is fun and diverse, many many people different. Enjoy talking and learning about machine. Worc in different area and kept busy. Managment willing to listen and is engaged.
Pros
Ot, good people
Cons
lots of OT, no training
Not a great place to work. Very unprofessional
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Very unorganized environment, with rude and careless supervisors, or "team leads" as they call them. The leads or higher ups sleep around with each other and lower employees and brag about it until it's the talk of the facility, but what job doesn't have that right? The entire management is made up of closed circle of friends that rotate the higher positions amongst each other, so the same people will supervise or lead different areas of the facility for a few months and then rotate again each implementing stupid ideas that hinder production, and each displaying different abuses of power. They run the place like a sweat shop, and set BIG profit making quotas, making millions, promising employees bonuses for their hard work, only to tell them at the last minute that the quota was missed by .00001%. Meanwhile the leads and supervisors take home bonuses, tv's, and other rewards that the job often reminds you are available only to make you work harder. When I worked there, they rewarded us with pork sandwiches. YES PORK SANDWICHES!! Is there anything nice I can say about the place?... it has a nice break room
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No security
An entirely awesome company
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionFebruary 25, 2018
A company that promotes work life balance. A company that cares for both employees and families. A company that teaches on how to win the right way. A company that values everything.
Pros
work life balance
Overall pretty relaxed environment
Jr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Managers were great. Atmosphere was relaxed by at times could be very stressful. I would recommend Brady as a place to work for short time/gain experience.
fast paced, productive work place
Tie out and order filling (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
fast paced, easy learning and training, have to be able to work in the heat, learn different techniques and different positions. mandatory 10 hr shifts 5 days a week
The Company Does Not Know Where They Are Going
Serving as Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Brady is a company that is not sure of where they are going in regards to their overall market strategy. You will get one manager the tells you that you should focus on speaking to Product Quality and Customization and then you get another manage that tells you to focus on Service Offerings.

This leads you with being unsure on what the company major focus is on and when your managers are listening in on your calls you will get negative feedback because you focused on the wrong thing when that manager was listening.

You are also required to make 50 calls per day 15 of those calls will have some type of lead attached to the call the rest will be straight cold calling.
very slow pace and not a 40hr work week only 37.5 which they dont tell you when they hire you.
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2018
My typical day is very slow pace most of the time I sit behind a desk and do blue prints to solid work, I my get one call a week to go on the floor and take care of a problem usually operator error, I have taught myself how to run a milling and lathe machine making parts. Sometimes I do get the usually p.ms which we have to complete in two weeks but I get them done within two days. The hardest part is, is staying busy throughout the night.
Poor management
Assistant Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 8, 2018
This used to be a great place to work, but over time things have changed for the worse. The benefits at Brady are good but there is no real chance for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Management does not seem to care about the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight