Brady Corporation Employee Reviews

Stay away
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2019
Brady is a good company but Louisville plant is terrible. The hr man is terrible and totally unfair with pay. Turnover rate is high due to the fact of pay and advancement. Peole are nice but everyone mad about pay. Get a raise once a year which is 3%. Basically less then 30cents a year with no advancement opportunity for growth. Hr man is the worst.
Management Unsupervised
Accounts Receivable; Collections and Credit (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 31, 2019
The management is unsupervised. Their bosses are out of state and the environment at times is verbally abusive and unchecked . They have deceptive and illegal sales techniques in their Personnel Concepts Division. ( Don't take my word for it, please look that up)
Maintenance Florist
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 27, 2019
Management chased out half of the maintenance crew in a few months. With starting pay well below the average in the area and job expectations very high they will need more than luck to keep these positions filled. Do yourself a favor and keep looking on Indeed. You can make several dollars an hour more.
Productive, but no longer fun.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 24, 2019
Good company to work for, if you are starting out in life. Good benefits. Bradley was once a fun and productive place to work for. As years passed, things went down hill. Pay isn't strong. Bad raises. 24 years experience, only making 22 dollars an hour. Pay raises are terrible. Only thing I will miss, is all vacation time I had accrued. Still, young person starting out, very good option, because of benefits. Problem was, once you are there for so long, you are stuck.
Pros
Had 5 weeks of vacation time.
Cons
Don't treat plant employees fairly, anymore. Lean manufacturing hurt everyone in the plant.
Call center not a true sales job.
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  WilliamsvilleJanuary 17, 2019
The Williamsville office is quite dull. It offers a job in sales with no ability for advancement. It’s a call center with a call center mentality. Glad I left when I did, I heard it has gotten way worse.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Poor leadership, no sales spiffs, small base salary, unrealistic sales goals.
great guy to work for
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 14, 2019
great job to work for brady always took care of us with whatever we needed id would work for him again if it wasn't seasonal but very great guy to work for
Ok company but could be more diverse in upper management
BA (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2018
No huge pay increases unless your willing to work around the clock.
No real company policies or guidance in place upper management sort of makes policies up as they go.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Not a diverse workplace in the area of upper management
Punitive
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 21, 2018
Leadership has a punitive mindset. Leadership focuses on what employees do wrong (errors) vs accomplishments. Employee errors are used as a punitive metric during employee performance reviews.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
punitive environment
Brady
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer/Systems R&D (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 19, 2018
Brady Corporation was a great company to work for. The working environment was superior to all other jobs I've had. The benefits were excellent and my salary was online with the market.
Lots of tradition and hard working people
Technical Support Manager/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2018
Company was mired in change when I left. New CEO was putting his stamp on the culture and teams were rebuilding.

Most days were spent documenting procedures, building/streamlining processes and looking for methods to increase sales.

Team members worked hard and felt underappreciated.

Overall, new products looked to revamp lagging sales and new leadership should capitalize on honeymoon period.
Pros
New Leadership and products
Cons
Top Heavy organization with little career growth opportunities.
Easy going and Calm Workplace
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 5, 2018
Everyday followed the same procedure as I managed and organized data. I was more in the position of an assistant for my boss as I worked on certain projects alone. However, I managed to get a majority of the projects done on my own.
Great Job and Company
Product Owner/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 24, 2018
Working at Brady was a great experience and was a big part of my life. Started in the tech support department and moved up to the R&D department. The only reason I am no longer there is because the company had to do a cut within the company.
Pros
Great workplace and positions
Cons
Too much change within the company that caused the cuts.
job is was fun and you can work slow
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2018
A typical day at work job start at 2 and end at 10;30. I learn for this jobs is safety work. work careful. my manger is nice the hardest part is you have to count little stuff.
Cons
30 min
Great compay in decline for the future
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2018
Brady was a great company until management made several decisions to look out for shareholders vs employees. Many cuts to benefits, raises, and layoffs were what employees had to look for annually. Many of the longtime loyal employee programs were eliminated.
Soul Stealing Confinement Center
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 28, 2018
You are a number not a person. Will be called the wrong name entire time you are there.Management will throw you under the bus for things they told you to do. Allow you a 10 min break to run to youre car but the 4 min walk out and 4 min walk in have to fit in the 10 min as well.
Pros
A summer cookout that you have to pay for
Cons
management
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 29, 2018
Good place to learn and implement new skills. Management supports allot and I started with Zero in knowledge now can able to train new joiners. When you adopt the work there is no hardest part.
not bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 19, 2018
busy
sap&irms
to help others with uom problems.
management did not listen to any thing.
ok
if you needed help management would not send you help.
the people i worked with everyday.
do large customer returns.
Pros
friends &co wokers
Cons
bad management
material counter and seperator
Manpower Temp (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2018
Worked as a temp for this company off and on. did welding and separated parts from the machine.also was a piece counter and and to box and wrap up pieces to be shipped out
Productive and fun workplace. great employees
Credit Team Leader/Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 12, 2018
Loved working at Brady corporation. Was there for 26 years. If they did not outsource and move departments to their sister companies I would probably still be there.
Pros
Parties, lunches.Valued their employees.
Cons
they outsourced and moved departments.
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2018
Company works you hard but this pay is great and will give you overtime and extra days if you ask and willing to work they will let you work on your days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight