Brady Trucking Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 26, 2018
I worked here for about 6 months and it was a great place. I jumped on the oversized division and it was the best thing I could of done. Great pay, and the management team in Carlsbad, NM terminal is by far the best people you can work for. If I didn't have to be closer to family I would stay there for 20 years. No complaints
Big trucks big bucks
Vacuume Pneumatic tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 28, 2018
I have worked at Brady twice. If they had some local work I would go back. The dispatcher in Normal Illinois knows his work well. He makes Brady trucking worth working at.
Pros
Nice equipment and good pay đź’°
Cons
Home time.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for your review.

We appreciate hearing about how our Dispatchers perform.

Brady basically sucks to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Poor management pay is bad work is never steady & don’t have a set shift also dispatch sucks they do have Good equipment but your there for the money lol.
Pros
Cons
Everything basically sucks
January 30, 2018

We don't get this feedback very often, so we're surprised and disappointed to hear of your experience. If you care to provide some specifics, we would like to learn how we can do better for Drivers. Call Jason (970) 852-6477 And good luck with your new job!

A company to call home
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 11, 2018
Great company - great people to work with, and to work for. Family oriented company that genuinely cares about the success of their employees. Enjoyable work environment.
Brady is always growing and evolving. The fast pace of the company keeps the job exciting and new each day.
Pros
Great company structure
January 15, 2018

And watch out! 2018's growth is going to supersede all previous years. It's an excellent time to work for Brady Trucking.

Awesome learning experience for me
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 19, 2017
I worked for Brady Trucking in Williston for 14 months and recently left for another opportunity (non-driving). Brady is a good company with the potential to be exceptional. I had the pleasure to work with two different terminal managers and both always treated me with dignity and respect. They did because they wanted to not because they had to.

Most of the drivers that left during my tenure did because of unrealistic expectations. So I would recommend to anyone looking for a job in the trucking industry to ask a lot of questions in email form. If any company will not answer you in writing you probably need to move on. Brady answered all my email inquiries and I had a good idea of what to expect. If I ever haul sand again it won’t be for anyone but Brady Trucking.

This company is postured to dominate the industry!!!
Pros
Awesome infrastructure (mechanics, administrative staff, training facility, drivers’ lounge, etc)
Cons
The Oilfield is unpredictable
December 26, 2017

Thanks! We appreciate the good word. Many who move on to a different employer or industry don't bother to review the company/ Thanks for doing that and Happy New Year!

Productive And Exciting Place To Work For !!!!
Frac Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 12, 2017
I Learned A Long Time Ago !!!!! You Get Out Of Life, What You Are Willing To Put In !!!! People Who Don't Last Long In The Oil Fields!!!! Are Either Not Cut Out For It !!!! Or They Are Just Plain Ole Lazy !!!! They Are Never Satisfied With Any Thing !!!! They Would Complain If They Hung Themselves With A New Rope !!!! You Have To Have The Right Mindset!!!! And Are Not Afraid Of Hard Work !!!! When I Was In The Infantry!!! They Taught Us Team Work !!! And The Buddy System!!!! You Work As A Well Oiled Machine !!!! Working For Brady Trucking!!! Will Teach You Skills That Will Carry Over Into Every Aspect Of Your Life !!! You Will Learn Things About Life And Yourself That You Never Knew Before !!! A Place Where You Can Hold Your Head High !!!! And Be Proud Of Knowing That You Are A Part Of What Makes This Country Great !!!!The Pursuit Of Happiness, And The Gate Way To Bringing Your Dream To Reality !!!!
Pros
Learning A Valuable Skill !!!!!
Cons
Being Away From Home !!!!!
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 13, 2017
Great company and great people one of the great companies in this industry. A proven leader that will be around for years to come. A step above the rest
Family oriented business
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This company is always family first. I have been grateful to be a part of such a great establishment. I hope one day that I will get an opportunity to move up.
Don't be fooled
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2017
All talk no results. Have to do maintenance on your truck on your own time. They keep you in the field during your 10 hour break even when you tell them you don't want another load. Pay is lowest percentage in the industry.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced, professional, team environment.
Frac Sand Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Great Management team. Very team oriented group of guys and gals to work with. Top Shelf equipment. It's not a job for those scared of work. It's definitely a job that you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, teamwork
Cons
Long hours, Family time trade off
Productive place to work
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Jensen, UTAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was to open the daily mail and pay the bills that were due, check email and print off all online bills and enter them in the system for payment on their due dates. This process, along with researching past due accounts that existed before I was hired took up most of the day. Learning the new system (Great Plains) that they used was a stressful challenge because there were so many aspects for different accounts.

I liked the fact that the Managers were pleasant people and that they didn't micro-manage.

The workplace was pleasant and very quiet on the upper floor.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the tension that I felt from the person who was training me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the data entry and processing the payments.
Pros
No micro-management
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2017
Brady CDL Drivers haul frack sand with late model Peterbilts in dry bulk pneumatic tankers for the oil field. Trucks have large sleepers for your field rotation and the terminal offers showers and laundry facilities.
no loads here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 30, 2017
I have been a driver here for about 12 months. Sometimes their are a lot of loads for drivers and sometimes their are few loads. But this last month was the worst. I had 4 loads in 2 weeks, and that was the normal here. Many drivers quit in a 2 week period. This company used to pay $100 a day as long as you were available for a load but they took that away when they lost some of their business. And they did advertise $100 a day if you did not get a load. So the drivers were getting nothing on days when their were no loads. They advertise $80000 a year but it is more like $40000 a year.
benefits
Cons
low work
August 28, 2017

Sorry you had a bad experience at Brady Trucking. We're still going strong, and looking at this week's payroll $80K is a good average.

We have a top 10% of Drivers earning much more.

Great company, great people, great benefits
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 27, 2017
I have been with Brady Trucking for 5 years now. I have never worked with better people. We share a family-like environment that makes going to work fun. We have several locations across the country, and I feel the same camaraderie with those I haven't met in person but work with over the phone/email.
Brady is a rare company that cares about the people, not just in word but in practice. They work hard to provide a good living and great work environment to drivers, office staff and management alike.
Highly recommend!
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Being oilfield, many positions are very demanding of your time.
good pay, benifits
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 3, 2017
liked my employment. Wish to have provided more employment time with them. Enjoyed requirements, travel, and environment. Quick to terminate after accident.t
May 20, 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback. Brady cares about Safety more than anything. Period. The safety of our employees and of the motoring public is top of mind when we hire a new Driver and train for 3 full days in our classroom style orientation.

Safety is most important when we drug test, drive test, and field train through Brady's Team Captain "Blue Hat" program. And Safety is the most important thing considered when our Managers determine who will drive our equipment going forward.

We are sorry about your accident and are glad you're OK. Thanks for the kind words about the company and please know this: it's not about you or me. It's about Safety.

You can call HR anytime to speak with Bill Kremin or Jason Crowell. (970) 263-8791

very productive workplace. hardworking and dedicated company, with strong and accepting personality
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 2, 2017
I have absolutely loved working here at Brady Trucking. Administration are some hardworking and dedicated people, however easy going and easy to communicate with. They are the best at what they do and are dedicated to their customers and their community.
Pros
one full lunch hour a day. 401k, and health insurance benefits
Cons
N/a
This company will say whatever to get the job done.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 28, 2017
this work place will send you out of town say it will only be a week or so and you will be out there for months. They hate hearing home time and lie way to much.
July 10, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. Most of our work is out-of-town unless you live close to where the oilfield location is (Odessa, Carlsbad, Western North Dakota). Farmington, New Mexico work was down for 9 months there, so Driver who live near Farmington did have to travel if they wanted to remain employed.

Work move and Drivers can decide if they want to be where the work is. We try to be honest about where our work is and how much you'll be away. We're sorry if you felt misled.

Brady is working in all our locations including Farmington, New Mexico. Feel free to call (505) 598-5580 to discuss.

good company to work for
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 15, 2017
good company to work for, did not like slip seating, living in truck.
Odessa shop maintenance program very good, Carlsbad need bigger yard and paved yard,
Pros
new equipment
Cons
slip seating
August 28, 2017

Thanks for the good feedback. We are listening, and things are constantly evolving i the oilfield. The Carlsbad Terminal construction is completed, so they have more room, and the Odessa Drivers' Lounge construction is nearly done adding capacity for showers and laundry for Drivers across the Permian Basin.

Great experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I worked in Midland Texas, hauling sand but was sidelined by a previous injury that occurred in the military. I have had surgery, recovered and looking to start driving again. I will be looking forward to receiving your call.

Respectfully,

Thanks for your service.

Call a Recruiter or Ops Manager to talk about a comeback.

A good place to work
Lead Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 22, 2016
Brady trucking is a good place to work,work is a little up and down right now, but it's paying my bills and stashing a few bucks aside. I've been with Brady pretty much for 31/2 years and like the oil field work. Management are friendly and helpful. I see bad reviews from people that were Not to Brady standards.I always get my loads every payday. You have to be proactive and call dispatch and let them know you are eager to work. Those other guys that couldn't make it at Brady are lazy and no good workers anyways. That's my two cents.... Brian a North Dakota blue hat Brady driver
Pros
Equipment management. Dispatchers
Cons
Slow at times, but still make 2k plus a paycheck

Thanks Brian.

We appreciate realistic, practical advice from a current employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.