Brady Trucking Employee Reviews

Not a Good Company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Promise salaries above $75K but they do not provide the loads. OTR operated and managed by one person, who is a controlling, vindictive leader. Leadership unwilling to address poor OTR leadership, even when documented lying from the OTR manager. CoC admitted to suppressing driver earnings. Favoritism. Poor safety and in the field maintenance. Leadership will promise action and then never respond again. They hate anything written. Poor training.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Poor leadership. Liars. Irresponsible. No Accountability for leadership.
February 12, 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

When you only work for a company just a couple months, its hard to get a proper perspective on our 40-year history.

We hope you find a better fit job on your next try. Give your new company some time. They are run by people.

We're all people.

work enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 15, 2019
The job was very fast paced and stressful. It would be a great job for someone that didn't have a family and enjoy long work hours. The trucks were newer and very well maintained.
January 21, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. The oilfield hours are long and the job is certainly not for everyone. We appreciate you mentioning the equipment. We like to say "like the trucks, love the people".

Just a job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Healdton, OKOctober 24, 2018
Worked here a long time. Longevity doesn't earn you anything with this company, it's a what have you done for me today type of company. I didn't get a raise for 4 years before I quit.
December 19, 2018

Thanks for the review. 4 years is a very long time. Thanks for your service!

very productive
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 18, 2018
it is a very productive work place they value work over everything else but there was plenty of time for play in between work breaks with the amazing people that worked there.
October 22, 2018

Thanks for the kind words. We really value the people who do the work for than anything, but our people do a LOT of work. Thanks

Overall review
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 1, 2018
Good company, good pay and get plenty of hours. Easy work and expense paid for. Working 5- 9 days then be off a day or 2. Best to have (CDL) to drive a truck.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work
October 22, 2018

Thank you! Most of our staff does have a CDL. We're a company 'built by truckers for truckers'.

Exciting
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Good people and culture. Good benefits. Too demanding for the pay structure with staff employees. Otherwise, fantastic job. I really loved this job.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No time off
October 22, 2018

Thanks for the kinds words. We all know that the oilfield is up and down - right now it's UP and we want to get everything we can out of these peak oilfield times.

Fair
Frac Sand Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTAugust 26, 2018
It was ok but not good enough too many trucks not enough well locations management needed improvement was the biggest thing needed . Nice equipment.
Pros
Nice equipment
Cons
Poor organising
August 27, 2018

Thanks for the input. Work does move around and has ups and downs in the oilfield. Thanks

Great Company to work for
Heavy Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 26, 2018
I worked here for about 6 months and it was a great place. I jumped on the oversized division and it was the best thing I could of done. Great pay, and the management team in Carlsbad, NM terminal is by far the best people you can work for. If I didn't have to be closer to family I would stay there for 20 years. No complaints
October 8, 2018

Thanks for the kind words. Kyle Beebe is our Terminal manager in Carlsbad, and he runs an excellent team of professional Drivers. Heavy haul, frac and and other work.

Compensation
Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 9, 2018
You ain't gonna make the 80k they promise you unless you're in that truck 24/7 365. Its more like 60-65k if you do 4 weeks on 1 off. But great company on the whole. You can get home when you want to so long as you schedule your time in advance. Can pretty much work at your own pace as well. But dispatch plays favorites so if you start slacking off you'll stop getting loads.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for your comments. Pay is different for different Drivers. The longer you've hauled sand the more money you're likely to earn. Some Drivers do earn 80K and more.

Some Drivers earn 60 - 65K and some are earning well over the $80K mark. It takes some time to learn the job and it takes hard work, hustle, and efficiency to make top dollar.

Thanks!

Big trucks big bucks
Vacuume Pneumatic tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJanuary 28, 2018
I have worked at Brady twice. If they had some local work I would go back. The dispatcher in Normal Illinois knows his work well. He makes Brady trucking worth working at.
Pros
Nice equipment and good pay 💰
Cons
Home time.
March 12, 2018

Thanks for your review.

We appreciate hearing about how our Dispatchers perform.

Brady basically sucks to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Poor management pay is bad work is never steady & don’t have a set shift also dispatch sucks they do have Good equipment but your there for the money lol.
Pros
Cons
Everything basically sucks
January 30, 2018

We don't get this feedback very often, so we're surprised and disappointed to hear of your experience. If you care to provide some specifics, we would like to learn how we can do better for Drivers. Call Jason (970) 852-6477 And good luck with your new job!

A company to call home
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 11, 2018
Great company - great people to work with, and to work for. Family oriented company that genuinely cares about the success of their employees. Enjoyable work environment.
Brady is always growing and evolving. The fast pace of the company keeps the job exciting and new each day.
Pros
Great company structure
January 15, 2018

And watch out! 2018's growth is going to supersede all previous years. It's an excellent time to work for Brady Trucking.

Awesome learning experience for me
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 19, 2017
I worked for Brady Trucking in Williston for 14 months and recently left for another opportunity (non-driving). Brady is a good company with the potential to be exceptional. I had the pleasure to work with two different terminal managers and both always treated me with dignity and respect. They did because they wanted to not because they had to.

Most of the drivers that left during my tenure did because of unrealistic expectations. So I would recommend to anyone looking for a job in the trucking industry to ask a lot of questions in email form. If any company will not answer you in writing you probably need to move on. Brady answered all my email inquiries and I had a good idea of what to expect. If I ever haul sand again it won’t be for anyone but Brady Trucking.

This company is postured to dominate the industry!!!
Pros
Awesome infrastructure (mechanics, administrative staff, training facility, drivers’ lounge, etc)
Cons
The Oilfield is unpredictable
December 26, 2017

Thanks! We appreciate the good word. Many who move on to a different employer or industry don't bother to review the company/ Thanks for doing that and Happy New Year!

Productive And Exciting Place To Work For !!!!
Frac Sand Hauler (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 12, 2017
I Learned A Long Time Ago !!!!! You Get Out Of Life, What You Are Willing To Put In !!!! People Who Don't Last Long In The Oil Fields!!!! Are Either Not Cut Out For It !!!! Or They Are Just Plain Ole Lazy !!!! They Are Never Satisfied With Any Thing !!!! They Would Complain If They Hung Themselves With A New Rope !!!! You Have To Have The Right Mindset!!!! And Are Not Afraid Of Hard Work !!!! When I Was In The Infantry!!! They Taught Us Team Work !!! And The Buddy System!!!! You Work As A Well Oiled Machine !!!! Working For Brady Trucking!!! Will Teach You Skills That Will Carry Over Into Every Aspect Of Your Life !!! You Will Learn Things About Life And Yourself That You Never Knew Before !!! A Place Where You Can Hold Your Head High !!!! And Be Proud Of Knowing That You Are A Part Of What Makes This Country Great !!!!The Pursuit Of Happiness, And The Gate Way To Bringing Your Dream To Reality !!!!
Pros
Learning A Valuable Skill !!!!!
Cons
Being Away From Home !!!!!
Great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 13, 2017
Great company and great people one of the great companies in this industry. A proven leader that will be around for years to come. A step above the rest
December 19, 2018

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate our alum providing their insights.

Family oriented business
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 20, 2017
This company is always family first. I have been grateful to be a part of such a great establishment. I hope one day that I will get an opportunity to move up.
December 19, 2018

Thank you. We do post job openings internally every month, so you may see opportunities around the corner.

Don't be fooled
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 11, 2017
All talk no results. Have to do maintenance on your truck on your own time. They keep you in the field during your 10 hour break even when you tell them you don't want another load. Pay is lowest percentage in the industry.
Pros
Cons
everything
December 19, 2018

Interesting review. Happy to discuss it. Talk to Jason (970) 852-6477. (You've probably met him). Mike Crocker or Sam Rendon would want to discuss your concerns too. Give us a ring so we can sort this out.

Fast paced, professional, team environment.
Frac Sand Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Great Management team. Very team oriented group of guys and gals to work with. Top Shelf equipment. It's not a job for those scared of work. It's definitely a job that you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, teamwork
Cons
Long hours, Family time trade off
December 19, 2018

Spot On! Brady is not for those afraid of work. But if you can hang, there's good money and opportunity here.

Productive place to work
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Jensen, UTAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was to open the daily mail and pay the bills that were due, check email and print off all online bills and enter them in the system for payment on their due dates. This process, along with researching past due accounts that existed before I was hired took up most of the day. Learning the new system (Great Plains) that they used was a stressful challenge because there were so many aspects for different accounts.

I liked the fact that the Managers were pleasant people and that they didn't micro-manage.

The workplace was pleasant and very quiet on the upper floor.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the tension that I felt from the person who was training me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the data entry and processing the payments.
Pros
No micro-management
December 19, 2018

Thank for your feedback. We appreciate the honesty. Brady has Accounting functions in Utah and New Mexico, and these are some dedicated folks!

Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 24, 2017
Brady CDL Drivers haul frack sand with late model Peterbilts in dry bulk pneumatic tankers for the oil field. Trucks have large sleepers for your field rotation and the terminal offers showers and laundry facilities.
December 19, 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We think the best part of Brady is the people...Drivers, Mechanics, Safety. People are what makes us who we are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brady Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.