Brainfuse Employee Reviews

A Fulfilling Remote Job
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 11, 2018
Overall, Brainfuse is a fulfilling job because it allows me to use my writing skills to truly help students. I provide writing advisement for students ranging from high-school seniors to post-graduate nursing students, from Hawai'i to Texas. More than any other job I have held, I sincerely feel that I fill a need: most people do not know how to write an essay, and I have enough leeway to show them the arts of argumentation and narration. I set my own schedule, there seems to be enough work so far, the subject matter is varied and interesting and the whole deal is pretty straightforward--you write, they pay, and they provide an ethical service. It is sometime difficult to keep up with the time limits for each essay because I find myself caring about each essay. It's a good idea, though, to value your time and the students' by sticking to the method for staying within the allotted time. I'm happy working for Brainfuse remotely.
Pros
Fulfilling work, remote location and schedule
Cons
It's a learning process. Learn how to optimize your work within the time limit.
Accounting Tutor
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 21, 2018
I have been with Brainfuse for about 2 years now and over these two years I have grown myself in knowledge of subject matter. Brainfuse has given me the ability to work from home at my leisure and the times that I select. Sometimes the availability of students can be lacking or too many. There can be numerous students at one time, and the going back and forth between different subjects can be tricky, but certainly keeps my mind active. Sadly some students will login expecting to be given the answer and do not like to do the work to understand the material. When student may become disrespectful or unruly there is no way to expelling the student from the session and work on other students. There is a lack of communication between student reviews and the tutors, the only reviews that seem to come through are the negative ones. It can be very helpful to see positive reviews from students to boost morale. Overall, Brainfuse has been a great company to work for, and I look forward to extended time with the company.
Pros
Work your own schedule, pay is good.
Cons
Lack of communication, students can be rude and you cannot do anything about it.
They know what they are doing
Tutor (Current Employee) –  OntarioOctober 9, 2018
This is one of the few large companies out there that offer online tutoring. As expected, the sole criterion to be eligible to work for them is having master over your chosen subject.
The hiring process is simple:
- You email them your resume
- They set up an online screening where you are tested for three things primarily: A) Your knowledge of their pedagogy and tutoring policies
B) Your subject knowledge
C) The ease with which you are able to use the whiteboard (You can download and practice it before you ask for the screening)

Once onboard, you have to essentially work with students and help them with their work. The key is to "HELP" them and not give them instant answers (This is explicitly mentioned in their manual as well)

Overall, looks like a professionally managed company that knows what it is doing.
Pros
Computer based, work from anywhere job
Cons
None so far
Ideal for work from home jobseekers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coral GablesOctober 9, 2018
If you are an academic, love teaching and have good command over the subject matter, Brainfuse is the place for you.

The typical day at work: You log in to their software, work along with students and help them, log off when your shift ends. It is really that simple. (The software works with both Mac and Windows)

As a tutor, you get your own account, and all your logs are maintained. Payment is prompt. I don't know about others, but I get paid via PayPal

Overall a good place and recommended.
Pros
Allows you to stay in touch with the subject
Cons
The software could do with some enhancements
Excellent place for Subject Matter Experts
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesOctober 9, 2018
Brainfuse specialises in hiring subject matter experts in various subjects. These subject matter experts work with various students online, through a whiteboard, to help students with their academic coursework. Brainfuse places emphasis on proficiency in your subject, good typing speed and good command over the English language.
The work hours can be flexible and the hours will vary depending on the academic cycle (As anyone who is proficient with the US education system will know that Fall & Spring are particularly busy times while Summers are subdued)
They pay on time and all information is available and accessible from your account.
Pros
Flexibility, Work from home
Working from home as to be expected
Private tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Brainfuse is not a bad company but they focus a lot on negative feedback. I helped a lot of kids by tutoring them, and they only ever sent me the negative reviews. I know for a fact many clients filled out positive ones, but those were never forwarded to me. It is really not the best way to build up your employees morale.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
negativity
Excellent Company with wonderful service to our customers
Navigator (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 6, 2018
I have been with Brainfuse for nearly a year. The staff is excellent, and the software platform is stellar. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this service and all the staff and management involved in making us great.
Pros
Wonderful platform, service, communication
Great Work at Home Job that Keeps my Brain Stimulated
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2018
I have worked at Brainfuse for many years, and I'm very happy with it. In the beginning I only worked a few hours per week, but over the years I began to get scheduled more and more, so now I am mostly able to work 30-40 hour/week. I tutor only instant access sessions, which are fast paced and keep me on my toes mentally. I also review papers and answer 24/7 Homework Help questions. The middle school and high school students can be really rude and disrespectful at times, and there are no procedures in place to remedy the situation. Misbehaving students notwithstanding, I tutor a lot of students that really need the help and are grateful to get it; especially at the college level, as well as ESL students. I also like that taking time off for medical issues and such isn't a hassle, I just have to let them know a few days in advance. Granted, it's not paid leave, but that isn't a big concern for me. As for the pay itself, I started out not making much per hour and not getting many hours, but I have consistently been given raises and more hours. If you want to work from home and keep mentally active, and don't mind working minimal hours in the beginning, while you hone your skills, I highly recommend Brainfuse.
Pros
Work from home, flexible hours.
Cons
Misbehaving/rude students, Communication could be better.
Worked for them long ago
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYAugust 21, 2018
If they're anything like they used to be, they make you tutor two or more kids at the same time while being told to lie to them to say that you're only tutoring one at a time. It would have actually been a pretty fulfilling job if I didn't have to keep switching back and forth between everyone. It's difficult to offer quality tutoring when you're unable to focus on one student at a time.
Not reliable
ENGLISH ELA TUTOR AND PAPER REVIEWER (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 7, 2018
Not a FT job or pay. They tell you $12 per hour. However, there is not always something to do. You might make $2-6 per hour on an average day not including exam season.
Pros
Remote, ok for extra cash
Cons
Do not expect to live on it.
Seems like a good job at first but it quickly becomes evident that it is not
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2018
Pay is low, especially considering you have to deal with students that are often rude and entitled. What's more, you don't get paid extra when tutoring multiple students at once.

Management is not communicative or helpful, and they prioritize their clients over their employees.
it's good if you want to work from home but no garentee of pay
science tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 6, 2018
long sitting, treated poorly, low pay.
it's good if you want to work from home but no garentee of pay.
Usually students are rude and want you to do everything, clients complain about anything, basically treated like garbage and disposable
Pros
freedom
Cons
long sitting, treated poorly, unappreciated low pay
Varying Workload; Weak pay
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
A typical day of tutoring in the program leaves one with often too many students and no form of compensation beyond the base pay. No one in the company is interested in aiding you with any concerns or problems you may have. There is no clear chain of command, and no way for you to talk to anyone in charge unless you seek it out yourself. Even then, you tend to get nothing.

Flexible hours, but hours are never guaranteed, and they may remove your shifts from your calendar without warning.
Pros
Flexibility, Work from home
Cons
Terrible management, glitchy program, entirely contract work
Great place to work for extra cash
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
The job was interesting and fun and pretty easy, but isn't something to do for full-time pay. The hours flucuate along with the pay if the students don't show up or are dropped from the schedule.
Pros
Work from home, adaptive schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive work place
Brainfuse tutor in Geometry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
I began to work at 6 pm: I learned how to be a good tutor,
i had problems with the management I was not paid many hours that I have to wait for students; the work culture was very good, the hardest part to teach to or more students different subjects at the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and learning at the same time
Pros
I can tutor at any time I was available
Cons
Stressful
Low Paying Scammy Tutoring Site
Paper Reviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2017
I would only recommend this company if you're in desperate need of income while you look for a more permanent job. As a paper reviewer you will only have a max 35mins to review essays with 5+pages. If students don't like your review you'll get fired without warning. They also prorate your $12, you get paid by the amount of time you spend on an essay and you only have a max of 35mins. to complete a review.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay, no support from Brainfuse, and they don't treat freelancers fairly, They will get rid of you without so much as a warning.
No work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
At first I liked working here but then all of a sudden I get no papers to review. And this is supposed to be the busy time. Apparently you have to qualify for high priority papers which has all the work but I already qualified to work yet can't get on these so I've had no work

The management is very short in their email responses and seem to have a bad attitude for no reason
Pros
Work is not hard, flexible schedule
Cons
Hardly no work, management is rude
Do not work for them
Tutor (Former Employee) –  WORK AT HOMENovember 8, 2017
Do not work for them, if you try and help the student they get upset with you regarding it. There is no work to be done, and you get rude messages from management all the time for no reason!

Find another company and avoid them like the plague.
I do not recommend them at all!
Pros
Students
Great Working from Home
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment, ease of working at home and tutoring students. Brainfuse is a very good place to tutor. You do need to be available and logged in to accept tutor sessions. Great for additional income. You are provided with additional resources to help with the tutoring lessons. Management has improved and communicates more with tutors.
Pros
Work from home
Brainfuse Inc
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Its an ok company but the emails from management tend to often have a harsh tone to them.

The pay for qualification is significantly disparate but, the company pays you for the time you spent.
Some of the students expect that you should teach them rather than tutor them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brainfuse. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about