Brainfuse Employee Reviews

Seems like a good job at first but it quickly becomes evident that it is not
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2018
Pay is low, especially considering you have to deal with students that are often rude and entitled. What's more, you don't get paid extra when tutoring multiple students at once.

Management is not communicative or helpful, and they prioritize their clients over their employees.
Varying Workload; Weak pay
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
A typical day of tutoring in the program leaves one with often too many students and no form of compensation beyond the base pay. No one in the company is interested in aiding you with any concerns or problems you may have. There is no clear chain of command, and no way for you to talk to anyone in charge unless you seek it out yourself. Even then, you tend to get nothing.

Flexible hours, but hours are never guaranteed, and they may remove your shifts from your calendar without warning.
Pros
Flexibility, Work from home
Cons
Terrible management, glitchy program, entirely contract work
Great place to work for extra cash
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
The job was interesting and fun and pretty easy, but isn't something to do for full-time pay. The hours flucuate along with the pay if the students don't show up or are dropped from the schedule.
Pros
Work from home, adaptive schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive work place
Brainfuse tutor in Geometry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
I began to work at 6 pm: I learned how to be a good tutor,
i had problems with the management I was not paid many hours that I have to wait for students; the work culture was very good, the hardest part to teach to or more students different subjects at the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and learning at the same time
Pros
I can tutor at any time I was available
Cons
Stressful
Low Paying Scammy Tutoring Site
Paper Reviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2017
I would only recommend this company if you're in desperate need of income while you look for a more permanent job. As a paper reviewer you will only have a max 35mins to review essays with 5+pages. If students don't like your review you'll get fired without warning. They also prorate your $12, you get paid by the amount of time you spend on an essay and you only have a max of 35mins. to complete a review.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay, no support from Brainfuse, and they don't treat freelancers fairly, They will get rid of you without so much as a warning.
No work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
At first I liked working here but then all of a sudden I get no papers to review. And this is supposed to be the busy time. Apparently you have to qualify for high priority papers which has all the work but I already qualified to work yet can't get on these so I've had no work

The management is very short in their email responses and seem to have a bad attitude for no reason
Pros
Work is not hard, flexible schedule
Cons
Hardly no work, management is rude
Do not work for them
Tutor (Former Employee) –  WORK AT HOMENovember 8, 2017
Do not work for them, if you try and help the student they get upset with you regarding it. There is no work to be done, and you get rude messages from management all the time for no reason!

Find another company and avoid them like the plague.
I do not recommend them at all!
Pros
Students
Great Working from Home
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment, ease of working at home and tutoring students. Brainfuse is a very good place to tutor. You do need to be available and logged in to accept tutor sessions. Great for additional income. You are provided with additional resources to help with the tutoring lessons. Management has improved and communicates more with tutors.
Pros
Work from home
Brainfuse Inc
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Its an ok company but the emails from management tend to often have a harsh tone to them.

The pay for qualification is significantly disparate but, the company pays you for the time you spent.
Some of the students expect that you should teach them rather than tutor them.
Online tutor
Online tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Been an online tutor for 3 years. I work more during the school year mostly for English and writing. Tutor managers could be better and communicate more, but overall love working for this company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
contact status
Great Part Time Position
College Level Tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineMay 25, 2017
Brainfuse is a great place to tutor. You do need to be available and logged in to accept tutor sessions. Great for additional income. You are provided with additional resources to help with the tutoring lessons.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Have to be logged into site and quick to respond.
Lacks as a company
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 20, 2017
Lack of assistance, lack of pay, lack of support, lack of reassurance, lack of respect, and lack of management. They do not understand the abuse tutors get from students and no matter what, you will be blamed.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Abusive environment. Stressful and lacks support from team members.
Zero feedback=quick termination
Paper Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Work at homeApril 6, 2017
This company has VERY limited information and training for what they expect from writing tutors. As a writing tutor, clients submit a paper to you. There is very little direction of how to respond to the paper except a general form. So you do your best to provide quality feedback through this form given the short amount of time available to provide comments. You send the comments to the client and you never hear anything about it again. There is no feedback from Brainfuse or the clients about how your review is received, whether it was helpful, etc. Then, one day an email comes that says there have been client complaints and they can no longer work with you. No explanation of what the complaints were, nor any opportunity to correct the way you review papers. NOT a good business model. As someone who has been writing for 20 years with proficiency in APA style, I was offended to be treated this way.
Work at your own risk, WORST JOB EVER!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 30, 2016
This is the worst job I ever had. Tutors are not valued and can be fired at any time. One day you way up, the next day they can send you an email stating that you are FIRED. Students complain about everything. If you do not give students answers or do their work for them, they will complain and you will be on Warning. All sessions are monitored 24/7 and recorded. If they see that you gave students the answer or did the work for them they will terminate you.

If you are looking for job security, benefits, and great managers... THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU. Tutors are not treated right, and every day you will receive emailed complaints from different departments on what you did wrong. Do not think about having bathroom breaks. You tutor for the amount of hours that was given without breaks.

The hardest part of the job was everything. The moment I got the job until my last day. The most enjoyable part of the job..... (NO RESPONSE) Good luck, you will need it!
Pros
Work at Home
Cons
No benefits, no job security, rudeness, Workers, Clients
Don't waste your time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  DallasOctober 5, 2016
Brainfuse wants you to tutor multiple students at one time. They treat the tutors like garbage and take all complaints from students at face value. I couldn't tell if students were just lazy or had a learning disability. It's too hard to tell online.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
The format. Leadership. The idea of Brainfuse in general
Not very effictive
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hart, MIAugust 3, 2016
The short time I worked with this company was not very satisfying, the time online was not very rewarding, nor were there many opportunities to work.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not much work, low pay
A Learnign Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
My position was as an unpaid intern in which I worked out of my home. I did not experience what the entire company was like since my only communication was with my manager. The experience I had was excellent and I learned a lot along the way in regards to what was expected for printed materials and the file formats required.

The most difficult part was working from home. Not because I was lazy, although I can be at times, but the communication was difficult at times. Since my manager was not available at all times I had to wait for answers, which taught me to plan ahead and to think about what I might need before I started working on a specific project. I learned that there was no such thing as too many questions in such situations.
Pros
A great learning experience!
Cons
I had no oppurtunity for the position to become permanent which I would have loved.
Great part time as you want to job
Online Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2015
Great support in their monitors for help. Direct deposit pay. You can choose scheduled shifts or as you want. on unscheduled time you only get paid for actual tutoring time.
Pros
great part time as you want job, great support in monitors
Cons
Brainfuse Inc. offers great teaching experience!
Writing and English Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Brainfuse Inc. is an on-line agora for students and educators that offers an intuitive instructional interface and great teaching experience, especially for professionals and students looking for flexible, supplementary tutoring work. As a writing tutor, I've reviewed hundreds of writing assignments from high school, undergraduate, and post-graduate students, as well as organizational correspondences and documents from working professionals. The Brainfuse management team maintains an open line of communication with its tutors at all times, offering constructive feedback and even opportunities for content development. In spite of the tight time constraints for writing reviews, the staff extends flexibility to their tutors in the interest of providing the best possible instruction for Brainfuse students. Most importantly, Brainfuse has allowed me to instruct a wide array of students that a brick-and-mortar classroom could never accommodate, including: students from across the country, ELL students; and students of varying proficiencies, grade levels, ethnicities, backgrounds, and interests.
Pros
Flexible hours, teaching experience, opportunities for content development
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Worked at computer through tutor application
Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2013
I would tutor math to people from grade 1 up to differential equations.
Pros
At home work
Cons
Odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brainfuse. Our community is ready to answer.