Brainfuse

Clear
2.1Pay & Benefits

tutoressaystudentwritingsubjectpaperfeedbackonline

Minimum Wage Work From Home Job

If you really need a job and have a skill to tutor others but accept low compensation; helps pay the bills and you make your own schedule around available time slots. Overall worth it for experience, but no promotions or feedback on your performance.

Solid part-time remote work

The work is steady for 9 months out of the year and is a good option for supplemental income. Procedures are straightforward and getting started was easy.

Brainfuse insights

• Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Super flexible, low pay

As a writing tutor at BrainFuse, I had a very flexible schedule and could pick my own hours. However, the pay was very minimal and you have no contact with your higher ups.

Flexible but not supportive and lacking workable hours and compensation

Do not work with Brainfuse if you can help it. It was nice being able to teach students about topics I am both interested and degreed in but Brainfuse is strictly interested in student satisfaction and not with you actually teaching them. If you get a student who pushes for you to just do their homework for them ultimately Brainfuse will support the student, not you and will reduce or eliminate your workable hours punitively. The pay is already ridiculously low if you do the daily shift work and if they want to punish you, they will take you off and as an independent contractor you will not connect with a single student and thus won’t be paid. Management does not exist so don’t bother trying to call or contact any department as they are all remote and online. This is a place to temporarily make a few extra dollars. It lacks longevity, growth and just overall respect for their workers. A huge warning to stay AWAY from them.

Pros

Flexibility. Subject matter

Cons

No management. No support. Little compensation. Rude or lazy students and clientele.

It is what it says

Good if you need some extra money. Also good if you want to work from home and on your own schedule. Work is limited though depending on the time of year.

Literally go weeks/months without work

I used to love being a tutor at Brainfuse! I loved the flexibility and amount of work coming in. No set hours so I could edit student work at literally any time day or night. It was great! But the work has literally dropped off a cliff. It’s to be expected work slows down during non-school months and Xmas break, but this is unbelievable. It’s never been this scarce before. I’m currently unemployed rn so I was relying on this company to get me through. I check the site constantly (tens of times PER HOUR) and nothing is coming in. Idk what happened but I can’t even say I work here because I haven’t been able to work! Terrible pay (~$6 per paper) and no management. That’s good and bad. When you do get through to Admin they can be helpful, but the last time I reached out I straight up did not get a response. No room to advance either. Ugh

Pros

Easy work (if you enjoy editing papers)

Cons

No benefits, contract work, little pay, literally no papers coming in =no money

Extra money

This is a good gig for extra money but can’t be relied on for nice pay. Sometimes there isn’t anything to review or no one to tutor unless you have a complete open availability.

Brainfuse

This is a good opportunity for working from home and making your own hours. You can review a wide variety of student work at different levels, such as high school and college levels.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Low pay

Flexible job with some limitations

Being able to review papers whenever you want makes the job good when you need some extra work not on a schedule. However, the time given for each review is too short, and the pay could be improved.

Great Job for remote work/but can be stressful

Has great pay but difficult to tutor through chat to help them learn. I learned alot from many different levels and subjects. You have to tutor 4 people at a time which can be stressful sometimes because some students can be demanding and put you on a time limit. There really is no management but you have to keep up with the schedule you agreed to.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Not enough materials for successful tutoring experience

Flexibility but poor pay

It is a good side gig to gain some money, but it is not something one can rely on. The workflow varies from the position you've been hired for as well as the pay. The good thing is that you choose when and for how long you want to work.

Pros

Flexibility and work from home

Cons

Not a lot of work or pay

Easy money during the school year

Good place if you are an independent self-starter. You can make decent money doing chats. It's hard to make money just doing reviews. There needs to be a message board/forum of some sort for tutors to interact with one another.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

No colleagues, little input from management

It takes forever

The job is entirely remote, so if there's anything you need to complain about or even a simple question or raise a concern, There's no directly talk to. You will have to wait for then to reply to your email and that takes forever.

Pros

It's good to have something just right there and comes up when you need it.

Was great when I started, now not as much....

Brainfuse offers you to tutor from home and set your schedule. Great perks. However, what started as supplemental income, has turned into a part-time job. Again great perk. But, here is the rub. After almost 5 years with the company, there has been no compensation, no pay raise. Sometimes, I am working with up to 5 or 6 clients at a time, only receiving the base pay, instead of a pay-per-student should that happen. It is very overwhelming. Management only sends notices if clients report against you and you do not receive any feedback from the company. Must be because everyone is a contracted employee, so each person is expendable.

Pros

Work from home, set schedule

Cons

Base pay, no raise, too many clients at once

Freedom with restrictions

This is not the kind of platform where you can get a fair pay. It's a very competitive place and if you want to get students you have to agree to be paid at a lower rate. You do have the freedom to choose your time and schedule, but there are restrictions to it if you want to get students.

The pay is low

The amount they pay to the tutors are so low. There's no job stability either cause you don't get a regular student. This is only good for enhancing your skills or if you have a lot of free time and just want to earn something, but not to sustain your life.

Pros

Flexible schedule, it depends entirely on you how much time you're willing to spend.

Flexibility is the only benefit

This job allows you to work remotely and according to your preferred schedule. Beyond that, there are several reasons not to work for Brainfuse including insulting pay for being highly qualified (with no raises), little to no rules as to how students are able to treat tutors, and inconsistent work availability in the writing lab. There was a busy night in which I ended up tutoring 11 students at the same time (a more typical day is usually 2-4) and got a complaint that I took too long to respond to one of the students. You aren't allowed to say you are working with more than one student, so you just have to deal with the complaints and will have negative feedback added to your file. As a writing tutor, it is impossible to read over multiple student papers at once with students demanding it be done quickly. Simply put, it's a system set up to fail tutors.

Pros

flexbility, autonomy

Cons

pay, rude students, inconsistent work

Minimum wage. You're better off somewhere else.

At maximum you're getting $15/hr for the most difficult subjects. This might be good if you're a student, not if you're looking to diversify your tutoring business.

Cons

Extremely low compensation

Flexible and Independence

I've worked for BF for over 3 years. I like the flexibility and independence for supplemental income. The pay is minimal; however, and it may be difficult to tutor several students at a time. Currently, the pros outweigh the cons for me. However, I'm looking for something with better compensation.

Pros

Flexible days/hours

Cons

Compensation, Multiple students at a time

No Job Security

The salary was not very good, and there was no job security at all. There is no career advancement. You can work here if you need to earn some extra cash, but you can't stick here for long. Consider it as a short-term side gig.

Pros

They allow working from home.

Long hours, low pay

The pay is low while the work hours are very long. This makes the work atmosphere very stressful and draining. Also, some of the managers are abusive and condescending