Brainfuse Management reviews

Working from home as to be expected
Private tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Brainfuse is not a bad company but they focus a lot on negative feedback. I helped a lot of kids by tutoring them, and they only ever sent me the negative reviews. I know for a fact many clients filled out positive ones, but those were never forwarded to me. It is really not the best way to build up your employees morale.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
negativity
Excellent Company with wonderful service to our customers
Navigator (Current Employee) –  Coronado, CASeptember 6, 2018
I have been with Brainfuse for nearly a year. The staff is excellent, and the software platform is stellar. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this service and all the staff and management involved in making us great.
Pros
Wonderful platform, service, communication
Cons
Seems like a good job at first but it quickly becomes evident that it is not
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2018
Pay is low, especially considering you have to deal with students that are often rude and entitled. What's more, you don't get paid extra when tutoring multiple students at once.

Management is not communicative or helpful, and they prioritize their clients over their employees.
it's good if you want to work from home but no garentee of pay
science tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineMarch 6, 2018
long sitting, treated poorly, low pay.
it's good if you want to work from home but no garentee of pay.
Usually students are rude and want you to do everything, clients complain about anything, basically treated like garbage and disposable
Pros
freedom
Cons
long sitting, treated poorly, unappreciated low pay
Varying Workload; Weak pay
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
A typical day of tutoring in the program leaves one with often too many students and no form of compensation beyond the base pay. No one in the company is interested in aiding you with any concerns or problems you may have. There is no clear chain of command, and no way for you to talk to anyone in charge unless you seek it out yourself. Even then, you tend to get nothing.

Flexible hours, but hours are never guaranteed, and they may remove your shifts from your calendar without warning.
Pros
Flexibility, Work from home
Cons
Terrible management, glitchy program, entirely contract work
Productive work place
Brainfuse tutor in Geometry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
I began to work at 6 pm: I learned how to be a good tutor,
i had problems with the management I was not paid many hours that I have to wait for students; the work culture was very good, the hardest part to teach to or more students different subjects at the same time, the most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and learning at the same time
Pros
I can tutor at any time I was available
Cons
Stressful
Low Paying Scammy Tutoring Site
Paper Reviewer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 12, 2017
I would only recommend this company if you're in desperate need of income while you look for a more permanent job. As a paper reviewer you will only have a max 35mins to review essays with 5+pages. If students don't like your review you'll get fired without warning. They also prorate your $12, you get paid by the amount of time you spend on an essay and you only have a max of 35mins. to complete a review.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay, no support from Brainfuse, and they don't treat freelancers fairly, They will get rid of you without so much as a warning.
No work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
At first I liked working here but then all of a sudden I get no papers to review. And this is supposed to be the busy time. Apparently you have to qualify for high priority papers which has all the work but I already qualified to work yet can't get on these so I've had no work

The management is very short in their email responses and seem to have a bad attitude for no reason
Pros
Work is not hard, flexible schedule
Cons
Hardly no work, management is rude
Do not work for them
Tutor (Former Employee) –  WORK AT HOMENovember 8, 2017
Do not work for them, if you try and help the student they get upset with you regarding it. There is no work to be done, and you get rude messages from management all the time for no reason!

Find another company and avoid them like the plague.
I do not recommend them at all!
Pros
Students
Great Working from Home
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment, ease of working at home and tutoring students. Brainfuse is a very good place to tutor. You do need to be available and logged in to accept tutor sessions. Great for additional income. You are provided with additional resources to help with the tutoring lessons. Management has improved and communicates more with tutors.
Pros
Work from home
Brainfuse Inc
Online Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Its an ok company but the emails from management tend to often have a harsh tone to them.

The pay for qualification is significantly disparate but, the company pays you for the time you spent.
Some of the students expect that you should teach them rather than tutor them.
Lacks as a company
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 20, 2017
Lack of assistance, lack of pay, lack of support, lack of reassurance, lack of respect, and lack of management. They do not understand the abuse tutors get from students and no matter what, you will be blamed.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Abusive environment. Stressful and lacks support from team members.
Don't waste your time
Teacher (Former Employee) –  DallasOctober 5, 2016
Brainfuse wants you to tutor multiple students at one time. They treat the tutors like garbage and take all complaints from students at face value. I couldn't tell if students were just lazy or had a learning disability. It's too hard to tell online.
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
The format. Leadership. The idea of Brainfuse in general
Brainfuse Inc. offers great teaching experience!
Writing and English Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Brainfuse Inc. is an on-line agora for students and educators that offers an intuitive instructional interface and great teaching experience, especially for professionals and students looking for flexible, supplementary tutoring work. As a writing tutor, I've reviewed hundreds of writing assignments from high school, undergraduate, and post-graduate students, as well as organizational correspondences and documents from working professionals. The Brainfuse management team maintains an open line of communication with its tutors at all times, offering constructive feedback and even opportunities for content development. In spite of the tight time constraints for writing reviews, the staff extends flexibility to their tutors in the interest of providing the best possible instruction for Brainfuse students. Most importantly, Brainfuse has allowed me to instruct a wide array of students that a brick-and-mortar classroom could never accommodate, including: students from across the country, ELL students; and students of varying proficiencies, grade levels, ethnicities, backgrounds, and interests.
Pros
Flexible hours, teaching experience, opportunities for content development
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Great place for extra income
tutor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FloridaMarch 20, 2013
The management can be demanding but it's a great place to work. You don't get a lot of hours in the beginning but if you work for a while and prove yourself, this gets better. At least for me it did. It's also pretty fun to work with students but t can get a bit hectic at times.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not an employee, you are an independent contractor