Brake Check Employee Reviews

Friendly and knowledgable management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 25, 2019
Management is knowledgable and willing to teach employees. Inspect customers brakes and informed them the best option to repair or replace the brakes. I was satisfied when customers were happy about the service that was performed on their vehicle.
Great Company
VICE PRESIDENT OPERATIONS EAST (Current Employee) –  Helotes, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Brake Check is a great company to work for. It helped me grow as a leader for the last 6 years. The company's vision for customer service and transparency is unparalleled.
work enviroment
Corpus Christi - Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 23, 2019
It was good for the first 6 months, after that however it went far downhill. I don't feel corporate management has the skills to properly run the company while keeping their employees in mind.
Pros
Learn useful skills
Cons
no communication, long hours with no overtime
Working after school to learn traid
Brake installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Training for my ASE certified front end and aliment brakes and rotors drums and turned out great for me lerned lots of things that need to be addressed for safety reasons why car's can crash
Pros
Safety and well-being of the job description
Cons
Slow advance
I don’t know
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXNovember 6, 2018
I have no idea what to type in this box other than getting my characters to 150 so I guess l just keep typing stuff till I get to 150 and there we go!
Horrible and focused only on ripping off the customers
Oil Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TxAugust 26, 2018
The manager was complete trash, didn't care about anyone but himself and only pretend to care about you. 10 minutes before you're scheduled to leave and he throws a 1 1/2 brake job on you like you don't have a life or expendable energy. Ripped off customers and sold things not needed i.e air filters/alignments. The only good thing was the tool store, although still somewhat overpriced, and the paid time off. 1/10 would not recommend
Pros
Progression
Cons
Brake Check was a fast fun place to work
Oil &Brake Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the company,l learned how to changed oil&brakes it was a great experience l had working with them ,l also got a chance to help.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30mintue brakes, and good health care
Great Location
Technician, changed brakes, shocks and struts (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
Great location with friendly management, enjoyed all of my coworkers and the work i did but I found that they do not really like to give people pay raises. a
A cool day
Automotive Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2018
It was a great work place workin as a team getting the job done at a reasonable time. I just love what I do nd thats working on cars (all kinds) I would mind coming back to be part as a team again.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
30 Mins break
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2018
The company was not a great place to work for me. The practices they have there are not honest or professional. I hope whoever works there is able to find something better in the future.
Pros
Awful
Cons
DIshonest
overall
Corporate Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2018
Great incentives but company expects you to kill yourself for every penny its funny because they go by this saying and goes like this God first then family then Brake Check when its not like that at all Its always about Brake Check but then again you get what you give.
Pros
money
Cons
not enough time off
Management and hours are terrible
Brake Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
There's no communication and lack of team work. The hours are good to a certain extent whenever customers arrive which is every so often. Overall not the best place to work if you have a family and other responsibilities but perfect for a part time job
Ok
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Its been way too long to give a review for this but they were the first ones to give me a shot at being a technician and helped me learn a lot as I went. I remember having gone through a bunch of managers but they all seemed to really care about helping out the customer. I only worked there part time as I was also a student at the time and they were very flexible with my schedule.
Overall good place to work.
Corporate Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Training is provided on the automotive side. The days can be long, but the bonus potential is great. You do have work on some Sundays each month. Great corporate support.
Company was good at first
Brake Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 19, 2017
Brake Check was a great company to work for at first, got $12.00 hrly. the first few years but they went down to $7.25 hrly (minimum wage) with comission. But all the good jobs went to senior Mechanix and I got the pitiful stuff that did not pay much so I quit and went to better wages.
Pros
Good at first
Cons
Bad at end
Fast pace work environment
TX Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 13, 2017
Out of 16 months I was in management /salary position four times. Brake check is very unorganized business. Drop down to brake tech by choice. I would not refer a family or friend to this organization for car repairs. Every one hired at this company has no mechanical experience.
Pros
Commission with paid time off
Cons
No hours
Not employee friendly!
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78704September 28, 2017
There are a lot of things that I didn't agree with while working at Brake Check. They don't have a break room of any sort for their employees. Most Store managers will sell anything to get their numbers up, even if it takes dishonesty. I just didn't connect with the way these shops were run.
exciting and good place to work to earn a living
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 14, 2017
a long work day
brake repair and replace
oil changes
alignments
accounting
inventory
friendly
get to know a lot of people
learn how to work on all vehicles
Pros
get to alot of people, get discounts on work done
Cons
long hours, low pay rate
productive day with brakes
Oil Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2017
i just likes learning about different cars and how they functioned and how they worked. i was always interested on whats going on in the hood of a car.
good to start getting experience
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 15, 2017
I get their and open all the shop doors if their was no car I will start cleaning and when a car get their I will start checking what is wrong with it and wait till the manager sells it to start working on it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brake Check. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9