Brambles

Brambles Employee Reviews

Brambles insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility

Not bad

No room for advancement in the company. No raise. Managers are nice and good people. The homes are nice and the individuals for the most part are awesome to work with.

Not a good place to work for.

The company cut a lot of corners on health code and safety. I didn't want to be involve with a company like this.The working conditions was poor and unsafe.

Hard Work

At the Brambles you had to work with handi-capped individual's. You had to take care of their needs, as well as build relationships with them. You also had to clean, and write notes to make sure they were submitted on time.

Cut throat terrible owner immature managers

Don't waste your time there. Go to a hospital or Nursing Home. Everyone is suspicious of each other. The owners should be called in on by EOC. The state needs to make more frequent check up visits.

A very productive environment to work

Picking up the individuals from their homes, transporting them to day support and doing activities, arts, crafts, watching movies and taking them out to stores in the community. Assisting them with incontinence and helping them stay dry. I learned how to care for individuals in wheelchairs how to bathe and lift them from chair to bed and from bed to shower chair. My co-workers became my family we worked as a team together to make sure the individuals were taken care of and all of their needs was met. After day support was over I would transport the individuals back to their homes and assist them when needed. The hardest part of my job was leaving them on a Friday afternoon due to the weekend. I became very attached to them like they were my family. The most enjoyable part was when their family members would come to visit just to see the look on their faces.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

productive

Really reasonable pay rate. Great people. The pace was not to fast and you learn a lot from working at this company. You get attached to working with the individuals.

Pros

covenient

Great place to work at

It's a great place to work, the environment is stimulation and full of new challenges. I loved my team and enjoyed working with them.

Productive work place

The Brambles is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy coming to work every day. While at work, i take care of the patients every day needs. I bath them, cook for them, administer medication, etc. The hardest part of the job is having the ability to keep your personal feelings and work separate. You become attached to the individuals as if they were your family member.

Great company to work for, depending on your manager

The company has great compensation and for the most part is accommodates work/life balance very well. But sometimes you wont get the on the job training or mentoring you need to take on a new role. It is also difficult to advance in the company and there is not much attention given to career paths. The annual performance rating program also is not very good.

Pros

Good compensation

Cons

Can have bad managers, limited advancement opportunities

I enjoyed working with the Clients

The entire time I worked for The Brambles Inc. everyday was a learning experience. The loving and caring co-workers that I started with were encouraging. I used a lot of personal experience to care for the Individuals as if I were taking care of my own children. I made friends with many of the friends and family of clients and am sure that these friendships will last past my departure. The most difficult part of my job is that I could not take care of all of them. As some people age it is graceful move towards the end but not for everyone. It is very heartbreaking to watch a friend pass. I loved all the special individuals and made some friends among the staff as well.

Pros

Building relationships with great people

Cons

misguided or untrained personnel

Very Strict

The Brambles was a great learning experience, learned an lot about intellectual disability patients. The job was very fast paced, but overall I could handle it.

Productive and fun environment.

I hauled gravel and other materials locally and long distance. I worked solo so there was very little interaction, but when I had to get a load, the people I interacted with were very friendly.

very high energy fast pace position

Provided a full range of administrative support to the organization's CEOs. Duties included word processing of letters, memos, articles. travel arrangements, etc; organizing resident activities and outings also encompassing event planning, writing/designing monthly newsletters, updating company website; purchasing liaison for entire facility including vendor relations, accounting functions for entire organization, human resource functions to include recruitment, training and disciplinary actions.

wonderful clients, beautiful facility , some challenges along the way but I make the best of them.

A typical day at work for me consists of me coming in at 5:00am , checking the houses to ensure the clients have all of their personal needs, food if properly stocked in the houses, managing request forms, checking houses to ensure they are clean, clients are properly dressed to go out into the community, staff is following all policy and procedures correctly. I typically then run my errands for the houses and clients doing personal shopping, food purchasing etc. I am also the personal assistant of the CEO of the company so I convers ate with her back and forth through out the day and ensure all of her things she wants me to handle are being done correctly. The hardest part of my day / job would be multitasking and time management. One of the biggest problems I face here at the Brambles is that it seems as if none of the managers are on the same page and it gets very confusing and irrigating. The most enjoyable part of my job would be helping people / the clients. I am a very outgoing person and love to help people and meet new people and the challenges along the way no matter what the case may be. I am generally a hard worker and will not leave the job until my job duties are completed to my standards.

Pros

Great Clients, staff, beautiful facility

Cons

Pay, Management team very rude owners (CEOS) towards the management team / staff

n/a

Being that this company services special needs I will not supply any information to protect their clients.

Very dedicated people to achieve their individual goals

Due to global nature of the business and leadership structure, matrix organization created slow down on progress of many meaningful strategic initiatives.There is always busy work, and its time to get into productive work. Financially, very sound company. Culture is still one of the best when it comes to impacting customer, community, innovation, but need to spend little more on People side.

Pros

global, embeded into supply chain, and can get exposure to every part of the business functions if you are in the right role

Cons

your objectives may not be fully considered for who you are, what you achived vs. perception of you in the eyes of leadership.

Productive and fun work place

Answered phone, took customer orders,tracked shipping, filed papers and general office work.

Wonderful clients to serve and care for.

A typical day at work included a review of data, MAR, and ISP notes so that I knew of the expected care to be provided per individual. They would recieve support with adl care, food preperation, cleaning, and medication, to include insulin and vital monitoring.After all individuals were completed I would do my data notes for Medicaid and then it was required to do thorough cleaning of entire house. This includes laundry, kitchen, bathrooms and dusting. I learned alot about caring for disabled individuals, including patience and some behavioral therapy tactics. My co workers were not very great, it was a very soap opera, gossip, and drama atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was when a resident passed away. Other than that it was completing all duties in one shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the clients and the idea that I was helping them. I also worked two 19hr shifts and it was nice to have the remainder of the week off to be with my children.

Pros

schedule, benefits package

Cons

co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brambles. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about Brambles in popular locations

• Brambles