Brandeis University Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
Visiting Research Scholar (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 25, 2018
I enjoyed my work at the Heller School, my adviser and supervisor was highly committed to his mentor tasks, and I received the resources needed to address my research questions.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
No life-work balance
Fun- Diverse - Good Team
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 10, 2018
I have had excellent experience working at Brandeis. Some most open minded and diverse team works there. They are forgiving and lifts you up when things don't turn out to their expectation. Daily check in of workload.
Pros
Free Food and Logistics at times depending on your situation
Productive and fun workplace
Lab Technician in General Chemistry Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 29, 2018
fun workplace and productive, very enjoyable.
flexible hours
nice people
good work environment
instructive
pertained to my field of study
was not draining
Working as a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 27, 2018
I worked as a TA at the Russian department for two semesters. The administrative support has always been great. Faculty members were friendly and always helped with advice.
Learned a lot, enjoyed the experience
WRITING CENTER CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 17, 2018
It was a fantastic first-time editing experience. While I had worked in several editing positions, this was an excellent first-time paid experience. I learned a lot about interacting with undergraduate students on campus and I immensely enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Free breakfasts at events, flexible hours
Cons
No full-time hours or benefits
Fun and entertaining
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 15, 2018
I learned to communicate better while providing support to the Brandeis community. It was flexible and allowed advancement. I learned to be organized and resourceful.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Cons
Few long hours.
Diverse and inclusive workplace and educational institution
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2018
As with any educational institution, experiences may differ greatly depending on the department or division of employment, but on the whole I had the fortune to work with bright, and motivated colleagues in administrative and academic positions that valued progress, inclusion, and diversity. This culture permeates the student body and much of the staff, but is sorely lacking in the majority of faculty members and academic administrators.
grad student
grad student (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 26, 2018
Went to Brandeis as a grad student. Your experience is going to depend highly on your program and advisor.

Overall, very close knit departments and non-competitive environment. Good place to go to school.
Great Place to work
Editor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 10, 2018
Brandeis University is a great place to work and learn. My department worked with students who have disability and we were responsible for making class materials accessible. Its important work and I enjoyed being part of great team.
nice environment
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 4, 2018
The department of biochemistry, as far as I could experience as a chemistry major and chemistry undergraduate researcher, seemed like a fun and stimulating place to begin research and develop a passion for biological sciences.

Want to know more about Brandeis University?

Ask a question
productive and fun place
Peer Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 4, 2018
I worked as part of a team, always available for anything. It was a pleasure to share and enhance my passion for working with students and all the university staff.
productive and fun environment
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 4, 2018
I worked in a group made of peers, graduate students and a professor. Every week, I had meetings aimed to discuss and test the experiment. It was fun and also interesting to develop new ideas with graduate students from the department of physics and peers or undergraduates from different fields (biology, health policy and chemistry).
welcoming and open-minded environment
Researcher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 4, 2018
I worked for two different laboratories in the department. Both lab groups were made of graduate students and a PI or professor, all of them showed high support to myself, only an undergraduate chemistry major. I learned how to work in an international environment made of people with different levels of expertise.
Interesting research opportunity
Research and Writing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandeis UniversityMay 31, 2018
Given this was a remote job, I was able to have incredibly flexible hours to complete the research and tasks required of me: researching relevant topics, writing summaries of articles, creating and sharing surveys to gather research.
The opportunity to work with renowned authors has been amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job has been learning about their writing process has been interesting. Taking part in the work of their upcoming book has been an honor.
The hardest part of the job was the long periods of time when I had nothing to do, and sometimes wondered if it would ever pick up again (which it always did).
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Irregular schedule
Productive and collaborative
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 28, 2018
I had an overall outstanding and positive work experience at the Biology Department at Brandeis. They provide exceptionally good facilities and overall good work environment.
Lack of research support
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 11, 2018
Very clique-y research faculty. Full-time faculty being replaced by adjuncts. If you are in a good lab/job, you may not notice outside offices. Nice campus.
Fun happy place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 9, 2018
Good place to work, great people, very fair and open armed. He aim of Brandeis university is justice, and this comes through clearly. People who work there come from all over the world which is an extra bonus.
Productive and friendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 19, 2018
Researchers were very friendly and understanding. Never felt any overwhelming pressure. If I needed more time, it was usually not a problem (Though I was a full-time student as well). Overall pleasant experience. Accomplished a lot of interesting work!
Good place to start your career
Manager & Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 10, 2018
Worked as a manager at a research lab on campus. Was required to work on a number of different types of jobs, but job satisfaction was high. Not great benefits, but worked out.
Unpaid position at Brandeis University
Co Education and Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 4, 2018
I don't think anyone on this website will be interested in this job. Furthermore, in the near future, the positions will be elected by the members of the club.