BrandMuscle Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Boring place trying to outsource work to India
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Management is a complete joke. Communication to employees is poor. Alot of turnover and they are attempting, with not much success, to outsource their IT to India. Bad culture.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
poor communication, boring work
Company Currently lacks direction
Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2018
Company going though a rough patch after being acquired by a private equity firm. They currently lack direction and focus. Was and could be a good place to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of directoin
Inconsistent direction & challenging work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  OHApril 24, 2018
The company has undergone constant changes over the past several years. This inconsistency has made it almost impossible for the company to find it's footing. The work is challenging but that's probably due to the unrealistic amount of workload and predetermined deadlines. If they can get ahead of the backlog of work and keep a steady team in place, they will come out on top.
Pros
Challenging work, the people
Cons
Off shores labor to india
Good to start in the corporate world
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2018
A good company to start your career, but not for long term employment. Severely under compensated and many problems in the company that need to be addressed.
Decent company, high turnover
Web QA Tester/Client Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2018
People seem to be pretty nice and easy going. The culture was not too bad and the processes seem to work pretty well (IT) but were a bit outdated. Nice clients and interesting work. The overall team structure was growing one of the managers was new to a management role at the time. Hopefully things are smoother now.
Pros
Office space and clientbase
Cons
Micromangement
Great place to get your feet wet, but toxic environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
No advancement, unless you are a man. Pay is low, but ok benefits. Do not expect to get back what you give; it will not happen. Unprofessionalism from certain directors to coworkers and it will be brushed aside as if it is no big deal. If this is your first job in the corporate world, get the experience and then take it somewhere where it will be rewarded and appreciated.
Pros
Decent benefits; no weekends/holidays.
Cons
Low pay; unprofessional from top to bottom (certain staff); no advancement
Average entry level job
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Basic entry level job- not a lot of room for growth or advancement, compensation is low , and they don't like to give out money
High turnover rate, but good job for first year designers.
Pros
Independence
Cons
low compensation
Fun office, unrewarding work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Working at BrandMuscle was fun when I first started, but as time has worn on, I've grown more and more frustrated with the corporate politics within the company. Leadership is not very transparent, and it's hard to move up in the company unless you're one of the the favored few.

The expectation is to turn around 10-15 jobs a day with more regard to quantity over quality. The level of work done in the Chicago office is held to a higher standard than the onsite work. When you bring up that you feel stuck or stagnant, the typical response from management is to wait just a little bit longer, or they will ask about what you're interested in without actually making changes. I feel very replaceable here.

However, in this role, I've never taken my work home with me. Even during the busy periods of the year, I don't have to stress out about work when I'm not in the office. The majority of people I work with directly are really great and have made it worth staying here for as long as I have. The company definitely tries to entice people through the workplace culture, but that can only work for so long before you see through the smokescreen.
Pros
Free breakfasts and happy hours every other week, great coworkers, work/life balance
Cons
Upper management, salary
Best Job I ever had
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2018
I worked in the shipping department so that means we were the last ones to leave and I loved it because of the overtime and I was able to listen to music while I did my work if I could go back I would in a heartbeat.
It is ok
BILINGUAL MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 22, 2017
Coworkers are great but salary is low. Manager tended to micromanage my work which was not convenient and made me feel like she did not trust my work.
Pros
free breakfast on monday
Cons
micromanaging
Manager
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
Communicative, Fun, and Friendly Environment until it no longer was with new CTO. Definitely room for improvement in this area and moral and leadership across teams as well.
No training
Manager, Performance Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2017
No training was provided for the position. You were kind of expected to learn the job through osmosis. Also no support by management. It was expected for you to make up your own fix
Pros
Ice cream on Thursday afternoon, breakfast Mondays
Cons
No direction for either staff and management
Ok First Job
Part and Full-Time Client Service Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 21, 2017
Really awesome work environment. Laid back dress code, fun place to work, lots of extra benefits (free food quite often). Definitely areas they could improve on, but overall not horrible.
Fast paced enviorment
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2017
Worked at the Print Center. The job is very fast paced and stressful peak seasons. You will have a chance to learn a lot about the print industry. I was able to walk in with zero knowledge of the print industry and can walk away with a lot of digital print knowledge. The atmosphere with the employees is fun and laid back, and we the management only comes down on you with mistakes. Otherwise you are left to do your job independently.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunches, Managment is very understanding with leaving early and time off, Laid back fun work enviorment.
Cons
Low pay. And very stressful peak seasons.
Long hours and very little pay
N/A (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work would include being interrupted over 30 times a day, dealing with incompetent salespeople, and being micromanaged by a boss who hasn't a clue of all the hard work you do and what you have to go through each day. I work very hard and still get yelled at for not doing more. The pay is terrible considering all the work and stress that is involved.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very stressful and low pay
Productive work environment!
CLIENT SERVICE OPERATIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2017
Interning at Brandmuscle was a pleasure. Not only did I learn how to be a master at my position, I learned the in's and outs of other positions in the organization.
It gave me the oportunity to expand my computer skills and knowledge.
Customer Service/Shipping & Delivery (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJMarch 6, 2017
It was an ok job. Not a lot of tension or flaws. Most of the time I was dealing with customers orders and helping them find whatever they were looking for.
Stay away from this company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2017
Under market compensation, crazy working hours, no appreciation for completed on-time projects, poor benefits, could be considered as a first fresh out of college job
Productive place to work for but bad warehouse management
Print Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
For the first couple hours of my shift I would cut down, laminate, and sort orders for our clients to their full satisfaction. Then would print and operate, 13 industrial printers at once. Once printing was done, cut down, laminate, and complete clients order from printers. I went in this job with 0 knowledge and came out knowing how to operate everything in my department. Hardest part of the job was management. Part of my shift I would have to pick up coworkers slack for longer than I was suppose to. Most enjoyable part of this was learning how to use all the right equipment and supplies
Pros
Random lunch for the warehouse provided be our company, company outings, holidays events
Cons
bad management, dirty environment, outdated equipment
Laid back enviornment
Large Format Print Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2017
It was a pretty laid back but fast pace environment with monthly bonuses available for meeting deadlines. Coworkers had good chemistry that made work more enjoyable.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrandMuscle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight