Brandon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC Employee Reviews

The residents are sweet,but some need a certain type of skilled care not given at BNR. Employees are nice,but there can be little to no advancement.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 23, 2018
It is too much work and not enough pay. There are too many tellers and not enough doers.There are never enough hands to meet the resident's demand. It is a for profit company. That is what I will always keep in my head. TOO much miscommunication goes on. It is hard to understand what is what. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that a person life is better, based on them telling you how much they appreciate your help or just you listening to them.
Pros
$1.00 lunches, many free t-shirts, employee cookouts
Cons
miscommunication, hard to get 40 hour work week, poor pay, very little teamwork-especially on weekends
Well Management was terrible
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJuly 5, 2018
If you work there the management was terrible I worked there for 4 or 5 months and management had their pick and fraviotes. They only wanted someone who they push around and everything else. If one of the other workers didn't want to do their job they let one of their other employed do it. Then as the other employee s had their way they let them get away with what ever they want.
This is a bad place to work. And you could be in lunch break or break they call u .that's just wrong.
Pros
The Hours
Cons
The Management
Very poor
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSMarch 30, 2018
You have very little staff to work with. The staff you do have is less than willing to perform their job duties listed in their job description, when taken to supervisors and upper management it goes unaddressed due to lack of staff already. The equipment necessary to complete job duties is often in non-working and poor condition. Daily the next shift coming on was late, not by minutes but often hour to hour and a half. Attitudes and atmosphere very strained. Not a pleasant inviting work place.
Positive
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working their I learned something new a job was never a problem to see you touch a person heart with a smile a simple hello is amazing to see them take pride in your work and let you know that your great at what you do just had to relocate to a different area if I could I'll always choose Brandon to work for
good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSFebruary 4, 2018
great place for the elderly always activities going fun and laughter not a day go by a residents hasn't smiled with joy and love in their heart i have enjoyed my time there
productive nice enviroment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSNovember 30, 2017
When i first started i did not think i would like it but overall it was a good place to broaden my horizons and learn new things. The people were warm and welcoming.
unknown
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 25, 2017
enjoying my job there. I learned that I love assisting the elderly .management was good there. wonderful work culture. hardest part of job was lifting. taking care of our residents and seeing them smile.
Pros
ect
Cons
short breaks
Brandon Nursing Rehabilitation
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSOctober 11, 2017
The residency was the best part to work with. But the management was the worst thing in the world besides the employees . On how they treat the old people
It was a fun place to work!
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJuly 19, 2017
I enjoy my job an very a people's person. Love wat I did as a person an to others keeping them happy! Other employees told my supervisor how great of a person I was!
Pros
Pay for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Worker
Worker (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJuly 1, 2017
This place is unorganized. Workers are disrespectful. CNAs do a lot of work to not be getting paid anything, probably why people quit a lot, too much work and low pay. Messy and a lot of gossip, but that's not anything new in the healthcare field. Seniority rules here. If you don't care, you can work here. They don't care either.
Cons
This is one of the best places any cna should work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSMay 9, 2017
They show you LOVE its like EVERY WEEK there's a age appreciation day! They buy beautiful bags for us, extra equipment to use they have people you can talk to when you're stressed the work is NEVER too much unit two is ALL ABOUT team work! One as well (I've worked both) the DON and Administrator are very understanding. Every where I go I talk about how much I loved that job! I left because I started back school!
Pros
Working there is a pro...
Cons
Biased drama hungry staff but they're VERY avoidable!
Over productive
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSFebruary 28, 2017
The facility could train all their workers better. How to separate business from pleasure. too much gossiping, that interferes with work ethics. Constantly begging people to do their job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Need better supporting system
nurse (Current Employee) –  brandon msAugust 13, 2016
This is a great place to work as a staff member. Staff work together. I love the residents. The management works with us and listens without judging first. The facility has a good school reimbursement program. I have learned a lot as a nurse there. I thank my co-workers, residents, and administration. I have worked there for many years. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the residents
Messy and not a fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 12, 2016
I work at brandon for 4 mos and it was "just sad" i mean the residents and NICE but the way they carrying themselves as a "CARE" facility they dnt care about anything but those residents benefits.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
No benefits poor management not orangize
Love the residents
Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MSAugust 6, 2016
My overall focus is to provide exceptional care to the people that live there and not get caught up in drama that goes on at everywhere you can work. Employees there seem to really care for the residents and work hard and provide a clean and caring environment. Since I liked helping my coworkers, they helped me bk. Really enjoy working there.
Pros
Treated like family
Terrible work enviroment with no geniune concern for their Nurses
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJuly 17, 2016
My first day there. I was addressed with obscenities there is no professionalism. the residents are treated like trash on a side walk. the employees curse each other out in front of the residents and nothing is done about it and they threaten the residents as well, I was harassed by a nurse who for some reason was determined to get me fired because I did my job and was polite and kind to the residents and out of jealousy. This nurse set it up for my car to be vandalized and broken into while on work property. I could not prove it but I saw the same man that co workers eye witnessed to the police, come and pick her up in a different car. eye witnesses saw him. I went to the DON who did nothing. so this nurse stayed and continued to harass me. I tried to talk to her outside of work and ask her why and I was fired on my day off for something that did not happen at work. Also they didn't pay me for my experience. I have been a nurse for 15 years and the only paid me the bare minimum because the human resource director isn't to fond of African Americans and there was someone stealing out of my purse. they stole my care keys ,my credit card and my license.
Good Business
Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSMarch 21, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company even though some of the people working there are something serious. (not in a good way)
Rehab Center
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJanuary 26, 2015
Great Nursing home welcoming environment great staff
I enjoyed coming to work the rehab/assisted living unit was awesome!
Hit the floor running.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSJune 21, 2012
Stay super busy with patient care. I worked with the elderly and truly loved it. They were always excited to me. I tried my best to make their day be full of laughs.
Pros
getting to help those i grew to love.
Cons
overworked, not enough staffing.