Brandon Regional Hospital Employee Reviews in Brandon, FL

Featured review
Brandon Regional Hospital selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Caring attitudes, culture of service excellence. Flexible work schedules and very accommodating, especially of working mothers.
A lot to learn if self motivated
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 15, 2019
In my time at BRH my department (and visibly other departments) were always short/under staffed. There was little to no motivation to learn new skills. Hard work felt like it went unappreciated and unnoticed. My coworkers and my desire to learn a variety of skills are what made me want to stay.
Pros
Coworkers, variety
Cons
Under staffed, busy, no motivation to improve
My supervisor was not very good
Food and Nutrition Associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 9, 2019
My manager for the cafeteria was very rude and not very understanding..she would get mad if I opened change for the register even though I needed it for customers. And she always thinks she's right even though she's only in the cafeteria like 15 minutes out of the day!!!!!
fast paced busy work environment
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 21, 2019
very fast paced work environment as a Business office Manager spent a lot of time in meetings and ensuring patient flow and operations. High on up front collections and patient processing. Great team environment teams worked well together. Place that promotes from within
Busy place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL 33511June 20, 2019
Culture of the hospital was negative. People were very disrespectful. No team work there. The patients always complained about nurses etc. Most were rude including management team!
Good company
Paramedic, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 17, 2019
Enjoyed working for this company. Only left to pursue further career opportunities and broaden my skills. I learned many new skills and was able to be certified in different specialties.
Patient Care
Registered Nurse Clinical Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 15, 2019
Same as many other hospitals. A lot of emphasis on patient satisfaction.
Love being a charge nurse and caring for our patients, as well as leading my team.
Good hospital
ER Diagnostic Imaging Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 27, 2019
I had the opportunity to begin working in the medical field through Brandon Regional Hospital and it was quite the learning experience for me! I am very thankful I had that chance!
Great teamwork and leadership within the department but management outside our dept was lacking
Weekend charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 19, 2019
Excellent working condition but no room to advance. Most people moved out of the department or left the hospital when they obtained their Bachelor or Master's degree in order to advance
Pros
great team
Cons
no room for advancement
Was a great place until IRL took over
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 3, 2019
BRH laboratory was an excellent place to work for until IRL consolidated HCA labs into a core facility. Excellent management, coworkers, and physicians at the time I worked there. I’m quite sure I would have worked there until retirement without the consolidation.
Pros
Cons
Laboratory consolidation
Management is terrible
emergency room RN (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 24, 2019
Nurses are just cogs in a wheel and can be replaced easily. I worked there for 10 years.... left for 8 yrs and then worked there for 3 months. It was a much better place to work in 2000.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor training
Good co-workers
ER Registrar & ED Admitting (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Worked in the ER registar sick or hurt patients. Learned how to verify insurance and collect co-pay. Had to deal with patients attitude but it did feel good to make people happy.
All about making a profit
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 15, 2019
It is clear the company (HCA) has a primary focus of making a profit. It purposely short staffs this hospital and most likely all HCA owned hospitals. There are too many patients per nurse and patient care supplies are becoming more poor in quality (cheaper) ect. This is one of the worst facilities I’ve worked at when it comes to working conditions for nurses.
I’ve also witnessed nurses being forced to work while sick and running high fevers. This hospital practices unethical principles and there is a lack of compassion for the well being of hospital staff.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Short staffed, low pay, low PTO accrual rate, docs don’t place orders appropriately, lack of support staff, out of date EMR system (meditech), ect.
Fast paced and good environment to work in
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 6, 2019
This company is great to work for if you like fast paced and are a quick learner. Pay is great if you have experience. You get all the help you need & questions are always answered when needed. Management is very understanding and most of the time correcting errors where needed. Easy to further your career here.
Pros
Freedom, free birthday lunch, recognition & pay
Cons
Unresponsible staff sometimes, downtime, workload
The dept. I work in have a very grest group of people However the company is cuting hrs and adding more resp in lesser hrs
Patient Access Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Other medical staff or departments do not treat pts with respect in the Emergency room dept. But overall I enjoyed being a part of the few who really make a difference in helping patients in our community feel better about their current circumstance and give hope to them as we service them. But being short staffed and overworking others is notorious in every dept. From clerical all the way to clinical and medical staff
Pros
I love interaction w patients and helping them.
Cons
No steady schedule
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Typical day began with filling nursing stations automated units medication request orders. Once orders were filled, they would be delivered to the proper floors. Then I would fill and delivered medications to appropriate medical floors, taken from the doctor's orders.
overworked and under payed
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 20, 2019
no room for advancement
pay comparable to grocery stores
heavy workload due to inability to keep employees so constantly short staffed, especially at night.
What doesn't kill you, can make you stronger.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 30, 2018
Culture on my floor is lacking, many of the workers have cliques and don't help. However, what is a downfall for most helps build drive, character, and determination for nurses who can survive the difficult working environment. I have spoken with many of my peers about the environment in which I work and my "horror stories" can't come close in comparison. I know if I can work here, I can make it anywhere!
Pros
(2) 15 min breaks paid (if you find time), iphones for calls & txt to staff
Cons
no free meals for staff (only MD's), no gym
a good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 25, 2018
I enjoy working at Brandon regional hospital, If a change in my life was not taking place, I would not want to leave this hospital. I have been given equal opportunity for advancement and love the people I work with.
Pros
benefits, covered parking
Revolving Chairs on the Titanic
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 26, 2018
I don't know what working is like there now but it was chaos central back then. Directors and managers would last maybe 6 months. We had a staff that some could barely speak English. Training was maybe a few minutes. Not good...
Pros
Close to my house. Holidays off.
Cons
High turnover of management and crew.
Well explained expectations
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 11, 2018
Managers give clear communication of what is expected on a consistent basis making it very comfortable to achieve measurable outcomes. Very polite and courteous employee health and human resource managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandon Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Brandon Regional Hospital Reviews by Location