Brandon Regional Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Featured review
Brandon Regional Hospital selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Caring attitudes, culture of service excellence. Flexible work schedules and very accommodating, especially of working mothers.
All about making a profit
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 15, 2019
It is clear the company (HCA) has a primary focus of making a profit. It purposely short staffs this hospital and most likely all HCA owned hospitals. There are too many patients per nurse and patient care supplies are becoming more poor in quality (cheaper) ect. This is one of the worst facilities I’ve worked at when it comes to working conditions for nurses.
I’ve also witnessed nurses being forced to work while sick and running high fevers. This hospital practices unethical principles and there is a lack of compassion for the well being of hospital staff.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Cons
Short staffed, low pay, low PTO accrual rate, docs don’t place orders appropriately, lack of support staff, out of date EMR system (meditech), ect.
What doesn't kill you, can make you stronger.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 30, 2018
Culture on my floor is lacking, many of the workers have cliques and don't help. However, what is a downfall for most helps build drive, character, and determination for nurses who can survive the difficult working environment. I have spoken with many of my peers about the environment in which I work and my "horror stories" can't come close in comparison. I know if I can work here, I can make it anywhere!
Pros
(2) 15 min breaks paid (if you find time), iphones for calls & txt to staff
Cons
no free meals for staff (only MD's), no gym
a good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 25, 2018
I enjoy working at Brandon regional hospital, If a change in my life was not taking place, I would not want to leave this hospital. I have been given equal opportunity for advancement and love the people I work with.
Pros
benefits, covered parking
Decent Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 7, 2018
Brandon Hospital is definitely a private owned facility. It is very focused on being a for profit hospital.
I worked there for 25+ years and my co-workers and location kept me there!
Pros
Great people to work with!
Cons
Not flexible when it comes to staff
Stay away
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 15, 2018
literally the worst working experience I ever had. Uncaring unhelpful staff. Morally questionable management. A system more concerned with posting wait times on billboards, than caring for patients safely.
Pros
zero
Emergency Department
RN (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoy working for Brandon Regional Hospital. Working in the Emergency Department is a great opportunity to learn about various illnesses both acute ans chronic.
Long hours in ER and no lunch
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 15, 2017
See above- long hours and often no lunch. Management was often not on the side of the nurse and staff was unappreciated. Often urged to falsify times for the sake of HCA billboard wait times. Also managers at the time were always getting fired and staff morale was at anall time low. Times above patient care was not for me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management and culture
rn
Registered Nurse, Mother/Baby Unit (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 31, 2017
Great environment to work in. Pay could be improved. Management has since changed so I can't speak to how things are 3 years later.................................
Supportive team, fast-paced, rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 9, 2017
I have learned so much here. My co-workers are great and supportive. Compensation is good with alot of added benefits and discounts. Many opportunities to learn and develop further in your career.
Pros
Teamwork, Career Development
Cons
A great place to work, learn and great for new nurses
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 26, 2017
Great Place to Work and a friendly environment, Self schedule, clean environment, up-to- date equipment. Open door to management, directors and CEO. Great place to start for new nurses. Very diverse workplace, will get chance to meet different cultures of people.
Pros
Union Job for RN only
Cons
Sometimes short of staff
Brh
RN floor nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaApril 20, 2017
All in all i was grateful for the opportunity and training I received. In the end, it the nurse to patient ratio was too high. The pressure on each Nurse was tremendous and there was a lot of in fighting between the staff... I really did appreciate the opportunity and training but in the end it just wasn't for me.
Pros
Training
Cons
too many patients for each Nurse
Its a tough days work.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 1, 2017
It appears that overall it is about the patient. Although this is an attribute that is important, the staff is just as important. The staff is overworked, they "offer" critical compensation but never pay it. It is a tough job regardless as to department as it is about the corporation and the not the people.
good place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 14, 2016
good place of employment, great staff and management.
love my coworkers and pt are great . small hospital near tampa and renovated er
Pros
staff
Cons
insurance
Could be a great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 25, 2016
This has all the makings of a good place to work. But time and time again, nursing are let down by Senior Management. Staff ratios have increased, while additional duties have been added. It has become commonplace to have no CNC off care or so swamped with management duties and are unable to pitch in. There has also a huge trend toward only hiring new grads, either through their Star RN program where they get 3 months training plus 6 weeks orientation with a commitment. Or 3 months orientation for regular new grads. Consequently as time has gone on. The floors are basically running on brand new nurses. Experienced RN's are becoming rare, new grads aren't getting the information they need and added to the current patient ratios are struggling. As it is the first job & very stressful, they don't tend to stay more than a year. Then the whole cycle starts over. I have seen new grads orientating newer grads. Consequently standards have fallen. Experienced nurses have become burned out from the consequent double duty of being a nurse teacher plus managing a full load of patients. I enjoy working with the many hard working and great nurses and CNA's. Benefits have declined too with higher copays and deductibles.
Salary raises are small. There has been a lot of expansion over the past few years. It is a pity that despite saying they appreciate the nursing staff, the continue to ignore their concerns and suggestions.
Pros
Modern facility, computer access in private rooms, some good managers.
Cons
Frequently leave 1-2 hours late. Stressful. Lack of genuine improvement when issues are raised.
work environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 18, 2016
I have a friendly,team work environment.The enjoyable part is when one is busy the other chips in and helps.The hardest part is there is no unit secretary,so it is difficult to answer phone calls,do desk job and answer patient light, with sometimes two cardiac cath patient at the same time.
Customer Service Oriented Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Make sure employees are heard and are making great changes at this hospital.
really fun when everyone works together
RN (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 2, 2015
I have been a nurse at this hospital since 2007.I started as a cardiac observation nurse.Later worked in Neuro floor,PCU,and Admission unit.I am also assigned to do charge RN on days where CNC is not available.I try to help my co-workers when I get free time (which is seldom,as we are always busy).I spend a lot of time with my patients if I get a chance.Co-workers also help if and when they get a chance.The hardest part of job is getting patients' towards shift change.The most enjoyable moments are when we bring in food and share together,also when one is drowning the other comes to help.
Pros
birthday lunch is free
Cons
there is 30minute break for 12 hours, also no coverage to help for break
Love it
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 18, 2014
This is an awesome place to work. Friendly people great place to advance.
Pros
Awesome place to work, Friendly people, Fun work enviroment
Enjoyable workplace with decent benefits.
RN - 3 North (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 31, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy my average nights on the Mother Baby unit, and feel like the hospital is well-maintained and has good benefits. I also love the location, and look forward to seeing where the hospital goes over the next few years as far as expansion.
A typical day at work
Staff nurse emergency department services (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 19, 2013
Very busy emergency room, RN to patient ratio high, continuous stress with little reprieve
Cons
no breaks with possible no lunch break, patient to nurse overload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brandon Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Brandon Regional Hospital Reviews by Location