Brandon Regional Hospital Employee Reviews for Surgical Technician

Featured review
Brandon Regional Hospital selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Caring attitudes, culture of service excellence. Flexible work schedules and very accommodating, especially of working mothers.
Not a nice place to work
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FlMay 7, 2018
No advancement for the surgery tech. No job training, no incentives for you to advance. Management does not treat staff with respect they deserve, you are used and abused by the company for their profit. No support from you head nurses or from HR.
Pros
Cons
many
very busy
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 7, 2016
Enough work to fill your day, always learn something new from my peers and physicians, i enjoy my job to the fullest, my coworkers are wonderful
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not full time position
Great people to work with
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa,FlAugust 10, 2015
Great work/home life Great people to work with the people care about there work and patients some supportive management
Great coworkers
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 24, 2015
The hospital is very geared toward profit as the overall bottom line. This means, no raises above the mandatory 2.25 each year. Even if your work extra days during low staff times or coming on your days off because they need help or had call offs. You never got anything more than the straight forward amount. I was informed that you would have to sign up for 10 different panels on your off time to qualify for anything above the standard.

Management in my area was very poor. Delegation was extreme and even with all the extra work you still never got anything in return, it became your extra work from then on. Then they would add even more but still no compensation.

Doctors in my area were allowed to act inappropriately.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Hardly ever got lunch relief.
The begining of my career in Surgery
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJune 25, 2013
Although this was not a teaching hospital, This is where I felt I learned all the skills I needed to begin my career. Here I learned all my skills with the help of great co-workers and other staff. The educational department was awesome. The surgeons were great teachers as well. Management was very supportive and taught me as well. The hardest part of the job was learning so many things at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was my sense of accomplishment that I did a job well done.
Pros
Great learning experience.
Fast, furious pace
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 18, 2012
Very busy work place, constant surgery and excessive call duties, no real advancement for technicians or nurses. Management is more concern about the bottom line, rather than patients. Surgery there has become a assmebly line process, not a caring organization.
Cons
short lunches, long hours, low pay.