BrandSafway

United States161 reviews

BrandSafway insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Overall not bad.

Basically got what I asked for, everything was explained up front and I was given exactly as they stated. The atmosphere was pretty good and the work was always there.

Pros

Always have work

Cons

Company pretends to care.

Heavily dependant on location

I worked in an office for one of the west coast locations. The culture was very laidback and kind, and as an outsider to the scaffolding industry they were always happy to educate me. From what I've seen of how they treat the construction workers, they are very kind and concerned about safety. They hire from all kinds of backgrounds and are protective of their employees.I have no clue what it's like to work for corporate.

Pros

Laidback environment, kind managers, low stress

Cons

Very little room to grow, very little room for raises, workplace culture is dependent on location

Productive and fun workplace

Great company to work for , low pay starting out but gets better over time , no benefits , no overtime depending on your crew , good ole buddy system

Toxic culture

Toxic environment. People are so protective of their positions so much that no one is willing to train you or collibrate. Culture divisions and does not encourage teamwork. They rather race around putting out fires instead of using progressive thinking analytics to prevent problems and maintain compliance.

Toxic Culture

Managers sit down all day in offices and do absolutely nothing. The family members and friends get to work from home and collect the big salaries. Only family members and friends are allowed to work overtime.There is no real inclusion. There are 2 sets of rules. The harrassment that occurs is carried out by toxic management.

Pros

Management is absent most of the time

Cons

Low Pay for minorities and non family

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Not so good!

Was with the company for a few months and it wasn’t good while there. Stuff would constantly change just about every day. A lot of the people I worked with had problems with their paychecks and when enrolling for insurance gave us the runaround when to enroll and that cause a lot of people from getting insurance and told them that they would have to wait until open enrollment. Overall, I wouldn’t recommend working for this company.

Pros

Cons

Insurance, workplace culture

great place

great place to work at. The pay was good but you never know when it will get slow so you always need a backup job just in case you get laid off.......

Paid weekly

Not a good working environment. Turn over is high. Not enough staff to complete jobs which makes it very dangerous work area. Management not supportive

Okay contractor company

Company pays well. Depending on location is ehat will also determine pay. No flexible schedule. Many people seek turn around jobs but if site supervisor likes your work they will trybtheur best to keep you employeed under maintenance.

Low pay

Good luck getting a raise. It is hard work but it pays the bills. No time for family life, long hours, it just wasn't for me. It made me realize the importance of going to college.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Hard to move up

Great place to work as a union Carpenter.

Worked for BrandSafway at many locations and I have never had any issues beside the long hrs but that’s why we work right? Never had one of their checks bounce! Every person in upper management I have dealt with in the Southern Indiana area has been nothing but professional. Great company.

Favoritism

Too much favoritism. Hard to move up because of the buddy buddy system. No paid time off. Only for supervision and the workers do all the work but are underpaid and quickly replaced.

Easy work and fulfilling besides the lack of caring for the workers

I put in a lot of time for nothing but to be let go at my lowest point in my life the management team is always on vacation while the workers in the field only can take vacation rarely

Pros

Lunch break

Cons

They don’t care about their employees

Don’t work for them especially anywhere in the midwest. The management is like they came out of a crackerjack box. Mistakes get made by the higher ups and they pass the blame to others. There is no vacation unless you’re friends with the management. The office people always get together after safety meetings and talk down about others because of jealousy and hatred. Not a good atmosphere to work in.

Pros

Cons

They push you to your breaking point. Not safe

Fast paced jobs with foreman basically screaming at you like you are a child!

I would not recommend this place. Management cares only for itself. Can not move up in here unless you are cool with management . I started of working here in the middle of the summer and let me tell you it was not worth it, safety is ok but still many accidents, and don’t get me started in foreman’s, General foreman and upper management for them is about the money not the job nor the employees.

Pros

One hour lunch

Negative 1 on all

I would never recommend anyone to work here. Always looking for reasons to fire you. Management awful, moral, awful. Everything about brand is awful.

Cons

The only thing that stands out is being in fear of losing your job

If you were not family of supervisors you were nobody 1st to get laid off and they have no problem settling you up for termination I was set up for termination and supervisors work on projects for friends during company time

Pros

Being family is the only pro required

Cons

If you are not family might as well find another job

No future

You really have no future with this company unless you are related to someone or lazy. They care about the wrong people. Management is pathetic. Backstabbing runs rampant

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else.

Brandsafety is a good company to work with help you out with slot

Brandsafety is a good place to start at and if you want to move forward with the company you can. then you can start moving around looking for other jobs with the company. That's what I wanted to do

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No break's or it be just for a few minutes

Nothing but an employee number

Owned by investors so it's very corporate. Was supposed to be union but that was nothing but a piece of paper. Management doesn't have a clue about the field work.

Pros

Union protection

Cons

Great people to work with.

I enjoyed meeting new people and making friends. And I enjoyed learning new things. The most enjoyable part was working with people that knew what they were doing and were willing to teach others.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrandSafway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BrandSafway with