Brandywine Counseling and Community Services Employee Reviews

RECORDS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 23, 2019
I worked at Brandywine Counseling from 09//1988-06/2015 as the full time records where my position was eliminated.

I returned to Brandywine Counseling 11/2017 where I am now the part time Receptionist. The typical day at work is answering the mult-line telephones, greeting clients, collecting fees, verifying insurance etc. This job is pretty much laid back, but it can be hectic some days.

Brandywine Counseling & Community Services overall is a good company to work for.
Productive and educational
Assessor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 15, 2018
It was productive and educational. You work with a diverse population and different problems. It was a good company to work for. You worked with clients that had mental health and drug and alcohol.
Too much micromanagement and not help to staff when short-staffed.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 3, 2018
Typical day-non stop. Often went in before clock in and left after clock out.
Learned management was two-faced. Said one thing, but never delivered on promises.Hardest part of job was doing the work of three supervisors with no help from upper.
most enjoyable was working with/for clients.
Pros
Pay was comfortable.
Cons
empty promises. no support from upper management unless part of a certain click.
I still enjoy working at BCCS
IMPACT Project & Clinical Spvsr; D.O.S.E trainer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working at BCCS and do not plan to leave, this is why I am looking for part-time work. I do like the work environment and I do feel like I am making a difference each day I report to work.
productive and interesting
Intern at Brandywine Counseling (Current Employee) –  Newark, DelawareMarch 21, 2018
At the Methadone clinic it is very fast paced but can be slow paced if clients do not make their appointments. I learned about pregnant women who are taking methadone. The hardest part of the job is trying to get the clients to come in for their appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a client or even put a smile on the client's face.
love working
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 1, 2018
love the way i have been given opportunity to help the clients and fellow workers. i love the way iam appreciated by the clients. how they appreciate everything i do for them from kindness of my heart.
Good to start
Community Wellness Advocate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 8, 2018
I learned about working with others, meeting numbers, case management, etc. I also earned a few certifications and training hours. My day was very hectic in the morning and was relaxed in the afternoon.
Productive and impacting
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 18, 2017
The counselors at BCCS positively made a difference in the community and positively impacted there clients. The job was not hard it was all about time management and putting your all in to the job.
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEOctober 6, 2017
The work environment was very balanced. Staff was very supportive. I learned a great deal abour substance abuse during my time in this position. Client growth was the most enjoyanle part of the job.
Pros
Good work environment
Addiction Counselor
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 20, 2017
Brandywine Counseling and Community Services is poorly managed and not ethically sound. The focus was on money and not how to best rehabilitate the clients.
ok place to wok
Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 9, 2017
Company is very supportive of its employees and clients great place to get resources for help.Management is professional and knowledgeable about their work.
steady community work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 3, 2016
I Have enjoyed working with the clients of brandywine counseling for over 2 years now. I feel like i have an impact on some at times
Pros
seeing people succeed
Cons
seeing so many struggle with less than success
Experience
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 18, 2015
Working for this company on a typical day would be very busy and had to be prepared for the day and things coming along with it. i learned a lot working with the different cultures of people and their needs. I enjoyed working for this company because i loved to help others and make them smile.
Upper management is TERRIBLE
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 13, 2015
Upper level administration is totally unsupportive and detached. HR is incompetent. There is no appreciation for any employees and all they care about is money.
Great place to work and learn
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEJune 26, 2015
Brandywine Counseling is a wonderful place for substance abuse clients. It was very helpful to me as an intern giving me experience with treatment planning, group facilitation, case management, monitored urine screening, and office/clerical work.
Community outreach programming
LPN, Dispensing Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 14, 2015
I like being able to talk to the clients about how they are doing and how things are progressing for them, the ones that are utilizing it for the benefits it allows.
Pros
It is convenient times to pick up hours, and feels good to see the progress some clients make in a short time.
Cons
Along with the good, is the witnessing of miniulation and abuse in peoples lives who arent ready to commit to change.
Good attempt to provide wrap around services
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2014
While this company has multiple avenues for different types of care, the front line employees suffer due to being overworked and underpaid. High caseloads make time management difficult and patient care minimal. There is much potential to ensure that each person has all of their needs met but there are just not enough helpers to do this. The most difficult part of the job is getting to see all of your patients and ensuring that you have assisted to the best of your ability in the time you are allotted, without working 12 hours a day 7 days a week. The most enjoyable part of the job are the small successes you witness for the patients on a daily basis. Groups run daily and counselors are also responsible for these, which adds an additional stressor to the job.
Pros
great entry level counseling position, gives multiple training opportunities to expand knowledge of the field.
Cons
little staff appreciation, staff are not compensated for what they work.
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 26, 2014
BCCS is a good place to get great experience. The administrators are great and will allow you to learn from them.
Educational experience working with addicts and understanding withdrawal and addiction
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 30, 2013
A typical day at work would involve assessing the state of the patient coming in for daily methadone/subutex dosing. I have learned to recognize the signs of withdrawal and overdosing of narcotics. My co workers are helpful and caring towards our patients. The hardest part of this job is seeing how hard it is for the patients to continue on the straight and narrow without struggle.
The most enjoyable part of my job here is watching individuals get their lives back on track due to habitual maintenance.
Pros
Early start to start, early to depart
Cons
Early to start
Positive envirnoment
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 11, 2012
The environment very positive and calm, I've learned a lot through out my experiences within the field. I enjoyed working closely with the clients and providing assistance or resources if our program did not provide the type of service the client is needing at the time.
Pros
change is constant. helping one individual, you help an entire community.
Cons
none.