Brandywine Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lack of motivation dont feel like the pay is reasonable.
Cook I & II (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 5, 2018
It is the worst corporate company I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this job to anyone. But I will say the schedule is the best part of it. I don't work past 7 o'clock pm
Enjoyed working there
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Brandywine Hospital. It is slow paced but offers various specialities. The people are very nice and friendly.
May have to put away supplies when not assigned in a room.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
May be too slow on some days
Productive and fun place to work
Intake Coordinator/Eating disorder counselor (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 16, 2018
Nice place to work there is a lot of team work. I learn a lot about medical illnesses. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I am able to find a bed for someone when we don't have any.
Pros
Everyone helps each other
Cons
Positive and great work inviornment
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 5, 2018
I observed a great team of people that set their pride in helping the clients feel appreciated while having to deal with their situation. The family support was very good and, the relationship with the staff helped the process while having to follow their doctors orders, also the staff worked closely with the nurse and staff to provide the best care possible.
I was proud to be apart of this great group of people and would tell anyone to apply for a position here at the hospital.
Best job I have ever had!
Sterile processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 20, 2017
I loved this job. I worked in Sterile Processing for five years. I learned so much in that time, I hated to leave! The hardest part of the job was probably the heat of the autoclaves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a nurse or surgeon with what they needed.
Pros
learning
Cons
long hours at times
Not great.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 4, 2017
Management was not supportive. Had to work night shift while vomiting - called management and they did not call back at all, not even the next day. Co-workers were great but management left me sour.
good place to work
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAOctober 16, 2017
I worked at Brandywine Hospital for 11 years and I would recommend the hospital to anyone who wanted to work there. It is a great hospital to work for.
unit closed no longer in service
ADVANCED NEONATAL NURSE RESUSCITATOR (Former Employee) –  Brandywine HospitalOctober 12, 2017
unit no longer exists the hospital dismantled their ob program, I was fortunate to be able to leave brandywine before it completely closed its maternity services and was picked up by chester county hospital.
Pros
unit closed
Cons
unit closed
Nothing to say
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAOctober 10, 2017
phone calls, placing consults, answering call bells
Cerner data base system
management wasn't seen often
young nurses who did not seem to value patient care
benefits
Cons
culture
set up an new cardio-thoracic and vascular program.
Lead Surgical Technologist Cardio-Thoracic (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAAugust 16, 2017
As I stated I was part of a team hired to open a new Cardio-Thoracic and vascular surgery program, accomplished with no problems. Nice place to work. nice peop;e to work with
Pros
nice facility, people
Cons
not busy enough
company has a lot of flaws
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 17, 2017
The company does not take care of their employees. Sometimes they do not follow labor laws. too many times they put employees in harms way. The only positive is that the medical benefits are excellent
good learning environment
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 9, 2017
I did my clinical work here as a student radiologic technologist. good learning environment for a student. Emphasis placed on reducing patient wait time in the imaging department as much as possible.
Fast paced environment
Unit Clerk- ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMay 8, 2017
Transcribing doctors orders and entering them into computer.
You learn how to cope with trauma situations.
Deal with urgent care in the blink of an eye.
Help reassure families of the patients about their care.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Trauma situations
Nice place to work for learning
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 21, 2017
I learned alot from this facility. It was my externship for school so I spent 3 months learnig about different surgeries to move on to a permanent position
Bwh
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 20, 2017
I received a lot of skills from this hospital and learned the basics of emergency care while I was here. This was my first hospital job outside of EMT school
high paced and provides much needed acute care experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 30, 2017
Brandywine Hospital has offered me a diverse amount of experience and ways to improve my nursing skills. My coworkers are excellent to work with and there is a wide variety of patients. It has been a good starting point for me in acute care.
people work together
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 27, 2017
people work together and decent pay and they will compensate people for coming in for over time and the shift goes by fast decent size hospital and you get your mandatory 40 if they hire a person full time
Pros
great pay
Cons
idk
Very nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant/ PCA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 26, 2017
Doing rounds, getting you checks done and V. S done listing to report finding out what was up with your patience, Bed Baths, best part of the job is a big Thank-You for doing your job.
Pros
being able to talk with the patience for a few mins.
Cons
never got on break on time..LOL
A great place to get hospital experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 13, 2017
Brandywine Hospital is far from perfect. However, there are some great doctors and nurses there and it's generally a supportive work environment. If your looking for a state of the art workplace or superb Staffing, look elsewhere. Remember it's a small hospital serving an often poor demographic with all that that brings. Overall, I enjoy working there and recommend it as long as you go in with open eyes and don't expect a big city hospital experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Poor staffing and limited resources
Customer Service
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Customer Service is an important part in working in a hospital setting. Greeting customers, having the capacity to smile and be helpful even through difficult interactions are important.