Brandywine Hospital

Brandywine Hospital Employee Reviews

Sa
Being a longtime employee for Brandywine, I have been through many different changes and management throughout the company. I can only hope it improves more.
Lack of support for management
Poor culture of staff, when brought in to change the culture, staff retaliated and HR involvement was almost similar to that of a union. Management not supported at all but expected to implement changes. PA is an at will state, so there is no foundation for any change to be made if employees do not wish to change.
Productive workplace with great team work
A growing Leadership team that was recently acquired and in infancy stages of the Magnet Journey. Developing Shared Governance with new and exciting Councils and Committee's.
Lacking on multiple levels
Brandywine Hospital is lacking in clinical resources, clinical education and competent management. Promotions are based on who you know and the opportunities are kept to a select few.
too much change
A lot of change and turnover. Never enough staffing causing a lot of stress. Raises not enough/often. Not enough training. A lot of employees with bad attitudes.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
challening and low compensation
Typically a day at work would include maintaining the flow of the unit or units depending on how many staff were available, sometimes bouncing between two units was required. Being aware of any potential admissions coming and then prepare for the patient arrival.
Fun place to work close by
Location is great if you live locally but it’s so small their is not many opportunities available especially if you don’t have a nursing degree . Their are not many educational opportunities for the CNA s . It gets pretty boring once you learn how to do your job an we’re not cross trained to do other jobs on the unit which would definitely be a plus. The only other departments you can switch to as a CNa are the mental heath department or the Emergency department their is no maternity department oh an Med Surg which is pretty boring an again not much of a learning experience. On the other hand everyone who works here is like family an that definitely is a plus . Just wish their more educational opportunities for the aids. Great for someone who is looking to gain experience in acute care .
Pros
Close by
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Good start to my nursing career
Received a lot of experience starting here, I floated on many different floors but it gave me a good foundation. I received a lot training prior to starting, which helped being a new nurse.
Pros
training
Cons
night shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brandywine Hospital?
Brandywine Hospital
I have been at Brandywine Hospital for many years. I have earned a degree in which I would like to look elsewhere to practice as a respiratory therapist.
Lack of motivation dont feel like the pay is reasonable.
It is the worst corporate company I have ever worked for. I would not recommend this job to anyone. But I will say the schedule is the best part of it. I don't work past 7 o'clock pm
Enjoyed working there
I really enjoyed working at Brandywine Hospital. It is slow paced but offers various specialities. The people are very nice and friendly.
May have to put away supplies when not assigned in a room.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
May be too slow on some days
Productive and fun place to work
Nice place to work there is a lot of team work. I learn a lot about medical illnesses. The most enjoyable part of the day is when I am able to find a bed for someone when we don't have any.
Pros
Everyone helps each other
Cons
Positive and great work inviornment
I observed a great team of people that set their pride in helping the clients feel appreciated while having to deal with their situation. The family support was very good and, the relationship with the staff helped the process while having to follow their doctors orders, also the staff worked closely with the nurse and staff to provide the best care possible.
I was proud to be apart of this great group of people and would tell anyone to apply for a position here at the hospital.
Best job I have ever had!
I loved this job. I worked in Sterile Processing for five years. I learned so much in that time, I hated to leave! The hardest part of the job was probably the heat of the autoclaves. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping a nurse or surgeon with what they needed.
Pros
learning
Cons
long hours at times
Not great.
Management was not supportive. Had to work night shift while vomiting - called management and they did not call back at all, not even the next day. Co-workers were great but management left me sour.
good place to work
I worked at Brandywine Hospital for 11 years and I would recommend the hospital to anyone who wanted to work there. It is a great hospital to work for.
unit closed no longer in service
unit no longer exists the hospital dismantled their ob program, I was fortunate to be able to leave brandywine before it completely closed its maternity services and was picked up by chester county hospital.
Pros
unit closed
Cons
unit closed
Nothing to say
phone calls, placing consults, answering call bells
Cerner data base system

management wasn't seen often

young nurses who did not seem to value patient care
benefits
Cons
culture
set up an new cardio-thoracic and vascular program.
As I stated I was part of a team hired to open a new Cardio-Thoracic and vascular surgery program, accomplished with no problems. Nice place to work. nice peop;e to work with
Pros
nice facility, people
Cons
not busy enough
company has a lot of flaws
The company does not take care of their employees. Sometimes they do not follow labor laws. too many times they put employees in harms way. The only positive is that the medical benefits are excellent
good learning environment
I did my clinical work here as a student radiologic technologist. good learning environment for a student. Emphasis placed on reducing patient wait time in the imaging department as much as possible.