Brandywine Living Employee Reviews

Terrible place of employment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEApril 15, 2019
I worked at Brandywine of Fenwick Island for less than 6 months. They got rid of “float positions” and working overnight we’d have four care managers total to the whole building with one nurse. Residents would be huge fall risk, and we’d get blamed when something happened. The nurses do not care, when you report things to them they brush it off as no big deal. I’ve seen residents mistreated and talked to like a dog by other employees. I love it when I first started and quickly begin to hate even going to work. They definitely show favoritism to some employees and act like no ones opinion nor concerns matter.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
almost everything, very poor management.
Life is Beautiful
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  RehobothMarch 17, 2019
I am a long term employee of Brandywine Living, have survived many changes and growing pains. It is a wonderful company to work for. Supportive corporate office and direct management truly working together to change the lives of residents in the community.
Pros
Employee education and support, growth opportunities, discounted lunches, fabulous events, perks like door prizes at holiday time.
Horrible, Horrible, Horrible
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Englishtown, NJMarch 15, 2019
The work you do in the dining room at Brandywine Assisted Living is very rushed and one can expect many interruptions during the day. On a good day, you will be able to sit down and have a little break but on a bad day, forget about it. This is worsened by the fact that 30 minutes of break are taken out of your paycheck automatically every day, irregardless of whether or not you actually get to take it.The expectations of the management are as if you were working at a 5 star restaurant and compensated as such, and the residents themselves do not actually care for all these trifling details since they just want to be taken care of, interacted with, and fed. If you aren't a manager, they treat you as if you do not exist and they themselves break the rules and codes with no regard that you would yourself face at the very least a write-up for breaking.

The management is very unprofessional and does not appreciate anything you do in the slightest. The less you do here, in fact, the more they seem to leave you be. The employment is also at will so any job security goes out the window, especially given the chilling prevalence of favoritism among managers that seems to be characteristic of Brandywine in my past experience. There is no care for the employees here. It is clear among managers that they believe for whatever pay rate you get you need to move mountains and stretch yourself immeasurably to bridge the gap between insufficient manpower and far too much work.

In short, I would not recommend Brandywine as a place to live or work, between the work environment and management
  more... that promotes poor to nonexistent work ethic, the gross lack of appreciation or respect for those who despite it all still come to work with a good attitude, and the sheer lack of powerlessness the workers have against the management, all compounded by nothing ever changing, as Corporate too seems to buy into the pattern of a circle of favoritism among management.  less
Pros
Resident/coworker interactions
Cons
Unprofessional management, imbalance of power, favoritism, unrealistic expectations, no job security
Horrible place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Managers are very unprofessional. Residents are treated poorly by the care managers.
Everybody seems to do what they want and not what needs to be done.
Worst expierence working for them!
Never again!
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJanuary 11, 2019
Before I got hired for this company I stated to them I had a parent with cancer that I was a caregiver for and needed to adjust my schedule at times because she was in her final stages of life. The same day my mother died which was a Thursday, they never asked if she was even alive. I got a phone call from management asking was I coming in tomorrow.(meaning the next day) then asked would I be working the weekend and stated “because we really need you here” I was disgusted that management was asking me about work while I was trying to adjust to the fact it was the last moment with my mom. The moment I got the phone call from management I was at the hospital alone in the conference room. I had a dying mother and they were not very understanding. With this being said,you would have to be just as much of a basket case as they are if you choose to work there. If they couldn’t comprehend I needed those last moments with my mom I wonder how understanding they’ll be if I was sick, or if i had another emergency? Finally, I ended up handwriting a writing a letter to management resigning because hours later my mom died, but I still wrote a letter and they never contacted me back. As long as they still have the same management I would not recommend working there. They’ll always be hiring because they are terrible. So that was my personal experience and I can only hope they do better in the future.
Cons
Not very understanding, management always looks defeated and bitter
Lots of favortism
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selbyville DeJanuary 4, 2019
Management has their favorites. They are barely there and leave you with all the work. They come in late and leave early mean while you are stuck there 4 hours past your shift and they do not offer to help. They will look right at you and not offer to even help. They go out to eat and have there parties for one another while the other employees do not matter. They give you nothing for Christmas not even a gift card. It very unprofessional and sets a bad moral for the employees. Even when you go to corporate nothing changes.
Pros
job
Cons
everything
Great way to learn about hospitality as it relates to assisted living and eldercare.
Hospitality Concierge (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 26, 2018
As a "private" Hospitality Concierage I meet each morning with residents to review their daily schedules, requests, and matters of interests; coordinate with other departments; liaise with residents' family and friends.
I am increasing my knowledge surrounding seniors and elders, some who may require extra special assistance and those with limited abilities.
Managers, at all levels, are highly skilled. The culure is highly professional. The hardest part of the job is managing my emotions as I interact with residents who require special medical attention. I enjoy interacting with all residents because they are wise, engaging, and want to feel relevant.
Pros
Interacting with seniors and elders, learning about their needs and the aging process, and working in a luxury living environment.
Cons
While salary may be competitive, it doesn't meet my cost of living demands.
Bleak and lifeless
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 8, 2018
typical day was coming in to complaints about all department performances, barely any positive feedback for management. Loved and enjoyed the residents and making them happy, they even make me happy and laugh. Hardest part was nepotism and favoritism to employees who would do the bare minimum or below it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
anyone with an office, also know as management
Rewarding Workplace
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 3, 2018
The workplace culture is wonderful. The staff and residents are what make the work day fun and enjoyable. The management team is incredibly supportive and that alone makes a work day much easier.
Don't believe the hype
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 15, 2018
Seagull Company
Poor management
Tools for job not provided
Expectations given last minute but expected prior to being told
Culture undesirable
No one listens to you
Workday minimum 13 hours plus of 7-8 days straight w/little time off
Paper, paper and more paper
Integrity not in tact
Many bosses to try to appease
Environment/atmosphere of making employees feel unworthy
Poor treatment in general
Perform all jobs, laundry, utility, cooking, administrative, etc...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Do not believe the owner really knows all that is going on
Productive and fun place to work
Care Manager - Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, CTMay 31, 2018
The staff and residents are just amazing people. We work with lots of different people, and learn new things everyday about each. It truly is an amazing place to work. My home away from home.
Nothing like Brandywine. It is a total family setting. It is a very team atmosphere.
Invest Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I loved working at Brandywine. They promote team atmosphere and no job undone isa job undone. I would love to stay at this company but my positons do not open freely. I need to move and find a job similar.
Best Assisted Living Community
Director (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Find the right fit is not always easy but once you do it is hard to give that up! Every job has its ups and downs but all in all Brandywine is a pretty amazing place to work. From the staff to the CEO they are by far the best!
Good
Willow Creek Rehabilitation Center (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 9, 2017
The environment was good. The coworkers wwere friendly. Management was fair. Loved taking care of the patients and interacting with the family members.
Pros
friendly
Management sucks.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DESeptember 6, 2017
I have worked at many of places. And this place is one of the worst places to work. They could careless about you. They over work you. The state really should be called because they give you so many residents. They could careless what you have going on. They won't work around your schedule. They treat you like a Slave. Stay away.
Management is terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fenwick Island, DEJune 5, 2017
Worked for this company for over 2 years. Management is the worst! The only reason I stayed is because I loved my coworkers. Management is very dismissive about any issue their employees come to them with. Can't keep help, will fire their employees without even telling them. Overall not a great place to work.
Pros
Coworkers made this a better place to be
Cons
No breaks, management sucks
Good Company
Food Service Director / Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 20, 2017
Good Company, great residents, great experience you need to run the department as if were your restaurant. Managing your budgets and adjusting to your building census food and staffing.
Pros
Great Hands on experience.
Cons
Not much regional support.
Great company with sufficient pay and benefits.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 12, 2017
Taking an excellent care of residents - that's the core of Brandywine SL. Great hours, adjustable work schedule, very professional management and good team work.
Pros
High professional level
Cons
Pretty high pressure of work
Poor management!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 18, 2017
The managment is unable to maintain staff because they do not pay their employees what they are worth. Complaints fall on deaf ears and the team work is at best minimal.
Very Active.
Housekeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAMarch 3, 2017
Place is flexible when you have to make appointments outside of work. Everybody tries to keep you smiling in certain departments. Management are separated by offices where they handle appointments and walk ins for tours. Hardest part is keeping up with tasks in this twenty four place. The most enjoyable is seeing the residents participate in the various activities.
Pros
Prizes from games.
Cons
Cant be tipped.