Branford Hills Health Care Center Employee Reviews

Past employee
past employee/cna (Former Employee) –  branford ctJune 14, 2019
I worked at BHHC many years ago . I found it to be a very nice place to work. I thought the patient care was great ,staff professional and the facility kept very clean. I worked at BHHC for 13 years in those years I made great friends.
Favoritism and bullying run ramped throughout this building.
An ecstatic, now former employee. (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 30, 2019
Plain and simple, the worst place I have ever had the displeasure of working at. I had written a lengthy and truthful post prior to this one. But this site dictates what you can and cannot say. Clearly the TRUTH is not what they want you to tell. They disguise it by calling it inappropriate language, though there was no swearing. If you take pride in what you do or want to protect any certification or license that you may hold, don't work here. The pay is ridiculously low for what this facility puts you through.
Pros
Punching out
Cons
Punching in
Always Short Staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 6, 2019
I'd only recommend working here if this is your first job as a cna just to get the experience you need until another better job comes along. This place is always short staffed, they can't keep any new employees for whatever reason. The benefits are way to expensive to get. Management just doesn't seem to care about there staff. They'll work you as much as they can and pretend they thankful but the minute you make a mistake, they're ready to can you. They give no incentives for people to come in to work on their days off or come in on weekends off. Oh and worst off, you have to wait an entire year until you can get a vacation or time off. It's a joke.
Pros
it's just a paycheck
Cons
Working short staffed, benefits and no vacation for a year
Great environment for clinical growth and experience
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTDecember 12, 2018
Very fast paced but resident focused especially their needs and safety. I learned a lot working here and was able to use my knowledge of previous job to make it a comfortable place for my residents.
Good team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 2, 2018
People have been there for 10+ Years they do get recognize for the amount of years. You get paid full 8 hours no overtime. They start at 32 hours a week. Always short staffed
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Too much work too little pay, no flexibility in sche
Terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTSeptember 19, 2018
Branford is the worst place you can ever work for. They are racist and they put nurses above cna's no matter how wrong the nurse is. They treat their employees poorly and the pay is bad don't apply!
Pros
Terrible pay, stressful environment, no equalism
Cons
Non
Helps pays the bills
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 21, 2018
It’s a great place to start off as your first job. Schedule varies a lot but boss is willing to work with you to work around your schedule. Residents are nice
Great Facility
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 10, 2017
Wonderful and caring facility providing long term care and short term rehab. Typical work day. Diverse workplace culture with a team approach to patient care.
fun
Companion (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTJune 28, 2017
helping your client take their medications and prep for lunch/ dinner, watch tv or do activities with them, make sure they are feeling okay and arent in need of anything
Pros
great clients
Cons
can be challenging
Certified Aide
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 13, 2017
Really don't have much to say, but I have no choice to put something Down!! Well the director doesn't take any mess from anyone, which is a good thing I guess.. It's an ok place too work..
nice friendly environment
Dietary Aid & Bed Maker (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTApril 9, 2015
got to work close with the nursing and CNA staff.
love the opportunity to communicate and assist the residents.
friendly co workers, pleasant environment.
Pros
patient interaction, simple work
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to meet new people.
Floor Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJanuary 17, 2013
The staff and supervsisors are great with the residence they take care of. It's a fun and friendly place.
co-workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTNovember 19, 2012
My co-workers are really wonderful people always concerned and willing to help if they are needed
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management difficult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Branford Hills Health Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Branford Hills Health Care Center Reviews by Location