Brantley Security Employee Reviews

Productive workplace environment
Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2018
Brantley has great staff when I went to the class t receive my license the instructors went over everything needed they are straight by the book and after I received my license I was then put n an assignment which I loved the work environment and they even provided lunch for the employees I give Brantley an A+
Pros
free paid lunhes
Cons
hour lunch depending on hours worked
Very Little to Do
Security Officer, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2018
Management never around when you need them, there was very little to actually do at the site so there was a lot of sitting around and doing nothing. Other employees were quick to try and get you in trouble for things that were not your fault
Easy job not so good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 17, 2018
Easy job very laid back and chill but you do not have a personal life nor do they care about your safety. It can be a blizzard outside but you will still be expected to report to work.
Good Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY Newberg RoadFebruary 6, 2018
Nice people to work for and you could believe what management told you.
I would have stayed at Brantley but it is hard to turn down a job making twice as much when you need the money.
I like the fact that it was a single person post and my relief was
always on time. Management treated me well.
Did not like that I was alone in a bad neighborhood.
Brantley is no longer in business.
Pros
Working Conditions and Supervision
Cons
Compensation (security does not pay as well as manufacturing
Please find another job
Security/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2017
This place was the worst job I have ever had. Everything from poor management to poor scheduling. I would not recommend anyone work for this company ever.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
MandatoryOvertime
server
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2017
this job was a temp to hire job thru Brantley working as a server at the selbalk and Marriott Lou downtown, it was an o job, but again this was not my preferred job. it was just to get by.
Out of business
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  cincinanti, ohioOctober 8, 2017
Loved working for them. Kind respectful fun management and employees .Like with most security companies there is very little room for advancement or pay raises. Laid back work environment until it went out of business.
horrible job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 29, 2017
high turn over rate.
cant keep people coming in, 20 or more calling in each day.
working around 14 hours a day, due to that problem.

Management wasn't the best as well.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything sucked
Stuck on a post
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2017
Once they put you on a post you will never get out of it. stuck for months on a post that I didnt really want and was never able to move. I resigned.
Workplace Culture
Flex Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
I was a flex guard while working for Brantley Security. I was kept busy with various jobs at various locations and did enjoy working for them. My supervisor would keep me busy for at least 40 hours per week.
Pros
I liked the people that i worked with at the various sites and the company treated me fairly.
Cons
Being flex guard meant being on call 24/7 days a week even on my day off.
Review Summary
Security (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2017
This was a good company to work for before they were bought out. Flexible shifts. Decent pay. Good communication to employees. Rotation schedules. Good place.
Easy going job with flexible hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2017
At the site I was placed in, which was a warehouse for holding custom made sports jersey's, the atmosphere was nice, the employees at the warehouse were respectful and accommodating.

My job was survey the employees as they walked through a metal detector and if the alarm was set off then I was wand them down for further inspection. Then proceed to write in our security logs hourly if something had happened or if everything was clear.

Working at the warehouse, I had at least three separate supervisors that would stop by and check to see how things were doing, inspect the logs I kept to insure everything was going according to procedure. All supervisors treated me with respect and always kept a positive attitude.

Hardest part of the job I would think is making my rounds in the warehouse every hour and a half, the warehouse was very big.

My job at the warehouse while under Brantley Security was overall very enjoyable.
Pros
Free coffee and I could bring a book to read during downtime.
Cons
no benefits were given for the job
Excellent company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2017
When I worked for Brantley Security I was treated with respect compare to other security companies. The company hire excellent employees. I would recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
Pay check every week
I enjoyed working for Brantley
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed all of the places that I was sent to do security for. It was a great job that gave me the opportunity to see quite a few fun events in Nashville.
Even the management team at Brantley was great. they were helpful in all ways when I needed any kind of assistance.
very unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
work station where scattered each worker knew his or her task but was unsure when to be assigned. Theft was a recurrent event and workers where penalized when items where stolen.
Excellent work environment
Command Center Lead (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2016
I have learned over 4 1/2 years how to work and review camera systems and program building access cards. It is an excellent place to work and i would again.
productive and fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2015
a typical day consist walking all floors of the building/garage, and returning back to the console to monitor the cameras. being a security officer I learned how to identify if someone was suspicious. the site required two security officers per site. the hardest part of the job was third shift late night being a female.
Pros
great experience for resume
Cons
bad pay
different security sites, differnet supervisors.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2015
Working at Brantley was exciting for the most part. I got to pick shifts and work sites when working with the head Supervisor, and got to see a lot of exciting people. But when I got to my last work site as I was promoted from part time to full time plus a stable shift; things got difficult with that site supervisor. But my overall experience with Brantley was fun, exciting, adventurous, etc. I grew in the company within 1 years time and got top pick with any site and any shift I wanted before being promoted to full time. The Head Supervisor could always count on me to cover a spot that was a the last minute call-off by another coworker.
Fun Job
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 22, 2015
Great job for anyone with a strict schedule or part-time. Recommend having a second car strictly for delivering. Other than that the stuff can be very motivational at all locations.
Pros
Tips every day along with Hour wages
Cons
Car wear
Productive and fun place to work
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  murfreesboro tnApril 25, 2015
• Protect the property and lives by patrolling the area
• Monitor entrance and property through surveillance
• Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents for entrance
• Guard against theft and maintain security
• Respond to alarms and calls of distress
• Inspect windows and doors to ensure locks are in place and working
• Prevent Passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas