Brasfield & Gorrie Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment with several projects to manage
Assistant Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2019
As an intern, I worked directly with several project managers to learn different aspect of the industry and aid in any work that needed to be completed.
Pros
Relaxed, Friendly
Cons
Exclusive
Easygoing workplace
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 19, 2019
They taught me how to pour walls, Run the skid machine, also I ran the tractor. Poured Cement smooth it out overall experience with Brasfield was very inventious
Pros
The pay
Cons
management
Not recommended
Carpenter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 18, 2019
Young superintendent didn't have knowledge of tools or materials needed to complete job, wouldn't ask due to being embarrassed. Runs subs off constantly regardless of situations. Several changes of subs. Wouldn't advise anyone to apply at OKC location. Gave my job to his brother.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
29 year old superintendent that knows everything.
The work was demanding and fast paced.
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Various locationsFebruary 11, 2019
As a field engineer I was responsible for the entire job site to provide proper placement and location of buildings, roadways, pipe, etc. Data was collected and previewed to determine the proper layout for the entire site.
Pros
Training, safety, bonuses
Cons
Travel with the company to various locations
Family first work environment/work life balance
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Overall a great company to work for. Really cares about the employees. You have a good work life balance and family always comes first. Compensation could be better along with yearly bonuses that are explained in clarity. Very little room for advancement and to do so you must have long tenure with the company rather than performance based promotions.
Pros
Work/life balance, family feel at work
Cons
limited advancement & overall compensation
Work-Life Balance is A+
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 13, 2019
B&G appreciates positive attitudes. If you are loyal, they are loyal. Honesty and integrity are an integral part of the culture. No questions asked if you need to be away to take care of something personal.
Pros
no-one looking over your shoulder
great place to work
Concrete Foreman (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Hate that things did not work out. Great job, great people, great compensation. This company is ideal for any single people or people without kids. Kids make the job harder as you miss a lot of home time. Other than that, great company.
Great Management
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339December 30, 2018
My Foreman was pretty awesome. Some werw not.
Great benefits but long hours.
There never lack of work availability and pay was okay but could be better.
Superintendent of Construction (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 4, 2018
Good company, takes care of employees. Take care of out of town expenses. Gives classes to prepare for on the job experiences. Gives safety classes for up to date certifications.
Racially profiled/very unsafe work enviorment
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2018
Just say, I have to contact the EEOC with my concerns on these serious matters. Over all te culture of the business is great, the people supervisors are very cut thoat and racist. I would not ever work in a place like that again.
Pros
Wages, benifits
Cons
Bad Management
Construction Internship
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 17, 2018
Brasfield & Gorrie was a good view of what working in construction would be like. They were fast paced and were working on large scale projects. B&G allowed interns to run smaller projects and had relatively good culture.
Every Races
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
working Hard and fast as your supervisor yells at you to work faster, working hard don't pay off, management is races and and hates everyone, being rushed, going home
Pros
Having a Job at the moment
Cons
Work Hard and fast
Great company, but long hours.
Field Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 24, 2018
It is a great company who really cares about its employees. Everyone is extremely nice and willing to help you further your career in the construction industry. The only downside is the number of hours per week and the extreme pace of the job. Was working on average 60+ hours per week.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Knowledgeable staff.
Carpenters Helper (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 4, 2018
Fast paced and challenging. A great learning environment for someone who wants to learn multiple skills. Extremely OSHA compliant. A tight crew once they get to trust you.
Pros
I love working with wood.
Cons
Weather
LOVE this job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 30, 2018
Pay is great, benefits are great, culture (especially on jobsite) is laidback and fun, all management I've encountered have been so kind and helpful, work feels meaningful. I love the opportunity to travel (paid for) to trainings and company events. I love how much they invest in the culture - meals, encouraging words, fun events. My only con of the job is that once the project I'm working on is over I don't know what my job status will be, but they have said they like to keep their employees, so I feel confident they'll find a place for me.
Great Company
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2018
Great company to work for while still in school. Provides you the opportunity to learn on the job in your field of study. Relaxed environment while also challenging.
face paced
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2018
great company great benefits great workers and boss learned how many different positions nothing to hard loved the hours and the team we had i started as a runner but they showed me many different jobs on site training got me certified in forklift osha i even became a head foreman the benefits were great for me and my family and the pay was great
Laid back, but no diversity
System Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 15, 2018
Very laid back company, at least in the aspect of IT. Expect to be a self motivated person while working here. You can basically work on any project, as long as it would be beneficial to the department. The general culture here kind of sucks though. There is little to no diversity, and some discrimination.
Pros
Pay, and benefits
Cons
Racism, and politics
construction job.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
a lot of hard work, but not a bad place to work.The benefits are pretty good.the job lasts until the site is finished,could be a year or two.you work outside in the weather
Very rewarding to see the projects come together and see the final builds
JOBSITE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Indiana, Texas, VirginiaJanuary 18, 2018
Loved working at Brasfield & Gorrie. Ran the entire office and communicated with corporate office daily. Each project was different. Often worked with different project managers and superintendents which even though at times challenging, it was very educational and was able to learn a lot and share my skills and knowledge. There was a lot of traveling involved at that time. Really enjoyed that as well. Over all, EXCELLENT experience!
Pros
The hours, pay, and opportunity to learn new skills. Travel.
Cons
Ended up to involve too much relocating. Every project was in a different state.