Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,295 reviews matching the search See all 1,297 reviews
Great people, fun workplace, easy hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKMarch 21, 2019
I loved working at braums, sometimes it got really hectic, but I never didnt enjoy it. Management was always helpful and friendly. They were really easy to work with.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes had huge rushes of customers
Amazing career!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKMarch 21, 2019
I loved this job. Everything about Braums is a benefit. Strongly , I suggest that u apply. The uniforms and softball days were my favorite things about working here.
Always moving
Braums Employer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMarch 20, 2019
Everything was a bit was to easy in my view, i knew everything quickly. i did cash/order register, worked back and front window on drive thru. the only things i believe was hard for me to do is cook, and make the burgers. i did enjoy who i worked with. i was a bit competative with other but i slowed down my pace for others to work.
Pros
enough time to eat. Employee discounts
I was happy to be in a job where I could move up.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 20, 2019
Typical day was all about the customers. The manager that hired me is the reason i got to move up in the company but when she left it slowly started to deplete. functions in the store were the same. Just people didn't stay around for the new management. the hardest part was the necessary part cleaning and the couple of times when it was only me and 2 other people and one would walk out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the long term employees were like good family. We could joke around and were able to take special care of our regular customers.
Pros
If you were broke and needed to eat, you could get something eat it was taken off your next check.
Cons
It is one of the stickiest jobs to have
Loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 19, 2019
Great pay great company great coworkers. Every minute of this job and was great place very easy to promote Within easy not hard work no matter what age is a great company
not gonna lie i loved this job and the food was pretty good too.
crew member (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 17, 2019
i definitely enjoyed this job. it was fun and always exciting. mostly because my friends worked there too. the managers were cool and the food was good.
Stressful, hectic place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 16, 2019
It’s a very stressful place to work, some people wouldn’t do their job so you’re trying to do two to three jobs at once and it’s awful! I ended up quitting Braums because sometimes I would only get five hours a week. That’s three hours Saturday and two hours on Sunday. It’s not worth the drive to Joplin from Seneca.
Cons
Stressful
Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Van Alstyne, TXMarch 15, 2019
The management and team was great. The teamwork was amazing. Braum's is overall a very good company to work for when needing some extra cash. They also are understanding and work very well with you.
this place is great if you want to become suicidal/ homicidal
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 13, 2019
braums sucks to work for
and this website sucks for making me write about it
let people find out on their own if its for them or not
let me live my life
and find a new job
Fun work place if you have an good staff and creww
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2019
Not something i see myself doing more than a couple of months its not an career. .its more of an starting job for starting money to get to places better than this job here ..................
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Call out process is unfair . there are not an understanding company
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKMarch 11, 2019
Braums was a fun place to work at, managers were very nice & understanding. Almost all customers came through with a great attitude and most everyone at the work place got along just fine.
Good first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKMarch 10, 2019
Fast paced environment that can get pretty stressful at times. Pretty great coworkers, I personally made some life long friends there. Messy and tiring but pretty much worth it.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Stressful
Higher positions may have a lot of BS.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 8, 2019
Overall the company is good, though the inventory system is a bit odd and not very transparent. Depending on your position and your supervisor you may be micromanaged or not. Just depends on the managed style. Pay is decent, but could be better one you hit salary given the hours you are expected to out in, compared to the hours you are required to work.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement to a point.
Cons
May be micromanaged.
Fun place to work if you like to keep busy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Perry, OKMarch 3, 2019
Best fast food place I've worked, a side from specific managers, they really like to be organized and clean. Easy to learn register and menu. Would go back if the current manager was gone
Good Job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 27, 2019
I loved the crew I worked with, they were a group of people who made work enjoyable and also made it worth while. Flexible hours for those in school or needing another job.
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Generally, I never had issues with Braum's, though, some of the staff were careless at times. The hours are flexible, and the work was good. The salary was also proficient.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Did not enjoy fast food.
I worked in fast food, did not enjoy it at all. (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXFebruary 26, 2019
This was my first job, and I didn’t really know what to expect. But I just didn’t like the environment and the ice cream scooping. Working in fast food is just not for me.
Trash
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2019
There were spiders in the trashcans that was so creepy, But overall it was a quick pased job to work. The job was easy for us young people so we would always get hired
Pros
discount on food
Cons
15 minute breaks
stressful but fun
Assistant Manager (Day) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2019
stressful environment but excellent crew and upper management.
Hardest part of the job is cleaning and getting out of the store at the expected time with the expected quality.
Just takes time to get used to it can be done.
An okay first job to have
Server (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 20, 2019
I've been working at Braum's for quite a while now and my time there has been...ok. Nothing to special but nothing really exciting. I can't really say that I've explicitly learned anything from this experience. A typical day of work was mostly just making ice cream, cleaning, and doing various other tasks that management wanted us to do, which included more cleaning usually. With the amount of time I've been working at Braum's I've been through a couple of management and worker changes, but everyone that works here is usually nice and does their job. The ones who don't do their job usually don't last that long and get replaced pretty quickly. The job isn't really that hard, I'd have to say the hardest part is when you're first starting out. After you get everything memorized and know how it all operates it's pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job is how relaxed it can be and how flexible your hours can be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores.

Powered by Comparably