Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,184 reviews
fun but stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mc Pherson, KSOctober 14, 2018
love the ice cream products, easy jobs but stressful at sometimes. food is great, but the staff is like family. I learned a lot with the experiences they gave me.
Pros
products
Cons
stressful
Fast paced, fun atmosphere
Crew member/Front Register (Current Employee) –  Blackwell, OK 74631October 12, 2018
Great place to work. Loved working there. Everyone is very welcoming. Part time should be at least 4 hrs a day but they only schedule part time for 2-3 hrs. People can't make a living on that. Other than that it was an awesome place to work and employees could charge their food.
Pros
Fast paced, fun
Cons
Scheduling to work only 2 hrs a day was not enough.
Hot and Yelling Managers
Crew (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 11, 2018
Braum's at first was great, but management try to save money by not turn on the ac until customers complain. The Grill was over 100* F some days. Managers would yell at you to go faster if the rush happen. Some Managers would power-trip over themselves to write you for insubordination when your busy with another request. Another one like to claim your late if you clock in 30 seconds after your shift starts, but don't let you clock in early to be working at exact time.
this was one of my favorite jobs the pay was not much but that was ok i liked it.
gril person / register person / shift maniger (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 7, 2018
the manigers were cool the work invirement was fun ihad a nice time working for braums the 401 k was a good thing being shift maniger was good as well it was a good job.
Pros
this is good place to have a career in
Cons
the acational mean custamer can challenge you.
fun working environment
Assistant Manager for Nights (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73119October 5, 2018
As with most fast food, fast paced. Has an awesome bonus incentive for assistant managers and GMs. 15% off employee food, downside is you have to charge it to your check for the discount, the upside is you can charge anything you want whenever you want.
Pros
good bonus programs for managers, takes care of their people
Cons
messy, fast paced, dealing with angry customers
Fast paced!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 3, 2018
You'll run everywhere but the pay isn't bad. I just wasnt sure it was worth it. Management is paid very well so if you work for braum's shoot for management.
Stressful
Quick Serve Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 3, 2018
This job is not just a typical day at work, this is the type of job that will create improper mentality and self-confidence because of too many things happening once. Do not let this job tell you that this absolutely the most managed job and is respected by its peers (employment, customers).
Enjoyable
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXOctober 2, 2018
Grew with the company, fun and enjoyable. I’ve gotten to get close with all the regular daily customers. They’ve treated me well. A typical day at work goes by fast because it’s busy.
Enjoyable experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 29, 2018
My times spent at Brahms was a learning point in my life. It was my first job and my first taste at work my co-workers always made it a good time. The store manager during that time made it hard on me to work there.
Fun workplace
Ice Cream Maker (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKSeptember 28, 2018
It was my first job, and I enjoyed working there for a time. The work was grueling and stressful but we made it fun. Some of the managers were cool and laid back but then there were a couple that were super authoritarian.
Pros
Icecream!
Cons
Demanding and stressful
Work vs life hypocrisy
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2018
Company is fine with allowing you to work on your family time, but do not dare to be outside a store during their time. Hypocrisy at its best. They fool you into believing you are on salary which actually means they require you to work when they want you to work.
Pros
Great peers
Cons
Hypocrites
Laid Back Job
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Although the job was fast food, Braums was fairly busy and had its downtimes. Worked with a lot of different people rather high school students or older people as their small side job. Braums is a very social friendly job environment.
Unpleasant, stressful job
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKSeptember 25, 2018
I did not enjoy working at Braum's because the management was poor and the job itself was stressful and overall unpleasant. Every morning i woke up dreading the fact that i would have to go to work that day.
good beginner job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARSeptember 24, 2018
I worked at braums for over a year. It was my very first job. I started at $8.75 and when I quit i was getting paid $10.25 and waiting on my raise to $11.00. I was suppose to get that raise months in advance and never did. I also got maybe 15-20 hours a week if I was lucky.
Cons
short breaks
Fun work environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKSeptember 22, 2018
Very up beat and fast place working environment. Management was very helpful and willing to go above and beyond to help new employees. The hardest part of the job in lunch and dinner rush.
Working with the company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  MesquiteSeptember 22, 2018
When working with this company , the manager was extremely rude . In the beginning the staff seemed helpful but after it was so fast passed and their was no room for mistakes . The manager had favorites
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Hours, pay
Not a great place to work.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2018
This job was my least favorite job. The management team did not seem to care much about employees and when I asked for a day off to attend a funeral I was told I had to bring the obituary of the person. I just don't think that was professional and insensitive. I wouldn't recommend people work there is they can't take slightly rude people and are not fast paced.
Pros
15% discount with employee card
Cons
Messy, not a friendly work environment
its okay, not bad but okay
crew member (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Working night shift you have to be ready for anything and willing and able to work any position for maximum efficiency. Management aint all that, cant seem to get a good manager to stick around
the workplace culture is fun and family like
the hardest part of the job is having to remain on top of your cleaning responsibilities especially while experiencing a rush
they do have good benefits if you are willing to work full time
Enjoyable.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I was happy to work for Braum's. I feel things had changed somehow. I was observing fratinazation within upper management that is clearly against policy. It changed my opinion in general about the company.
Pros
15 percent discount.
Cons
Never allowed call in sick without repercussion.
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 17, 2018
It was a good job. very fast paced and you have to learn to multi task. Hardest part of the job was the revolving door of employees. But that's typical for this line of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
healthcare could be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight