Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,233 reviews matching the search See all 1,234 reviews
Braums is A Ok
Night Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2018
Great place to start off but not to continue working as you get older. If you don't understand within the firsts week it will be very difficult to adjust in peak rushes.
It's a good starter job.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Miami, OKDecember 12, 2018
It pays very well but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're a student or just trying to get back on your feet with support/low living costs. Also depends on your manager and how much they like you on how many hours you get.
it helped me get my feet wet as a young woman
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXDecember 11, 2018
This was my first job and I enjoyed it for the most part. I was able to learn a lot about working and responsibility as well as managing money. The management there were very helpful as well.
O.K. place to work. Needs to improve with management skills.
In charge of packaging Dept. (Former Employee) –  Ozark, MODecember 10, 2018
Poor management. Hired young people that didn't care about there job.Served food that was leftovers from 1 -2 days old. Fast employee turn around. Poor customer service.
Pros
10 percent discount for employees
Cons
Poor management, no training for new employees.
Terrible Experience
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 9, 2018
The only good manangers are the male ones. The female managers blame everything on everyone but themselves no matter what it is. Even if you do what they tell you to do, you are wrong, and you will get yelled at constantly.
Pros
15% off
fun place to work
Daytime Manager (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKDecember 9, 2018
Braums is a fun place to work with no high company demands to meet, fast food pace is daily and must be met. Lots of stores opening due to expansion, room for advancement.
Pros
fun place
Cons
high pace
Good place for a first job while still in high school
CASHIER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2018
While working at Braum's I learned what it meant to be apart of a corporative and enthusiastic team a typical work day could be described anywhere from somewhat busy to very busy really quick.
I believe that the hardest part of my job was training the new people that were being hired and still trying to make sure that they were needing to learn what they should be learning, like for instance making sure that they could also take customers orders while learning.
The most enjoyable part of the job at any point in the day or night is making sure that the customer leaves happy and satisfied, because to me that is the best thing is seeing a customer leave with a smile on their face.
Braums was a family friendly job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 7, 2018
While working at braums the experience was great. For a first job I learned how to take responsibly, and how to manage people on my own. Not only did the managers supported me but they treated me as their own.
Cons
Ok place to work for the most part
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Webb City, MODecember 5, 2018
Ok place to work , management was ok forthe most part, a lot of turnover but that's because allot of young kids work there, good first job for kids, overall ok place
Not productive or loyal
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Ozark, MODecember 5, 2018
No matter how long you’ve worked there though they just push you off to the side and hire people on at the maximum out of money even if you’re making the same amount of money and have been there almost 5 years
Pros
Cons
Nobody works, Everyone steps each other in the back, and The general manager never listens to anything anyone has to say and takes him seriously.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXDecember 5, 2018
Fast paces environment,working with customer,cleaning, no 401 k ni insurances planes no paid off days or no paid vacations, hours flexible, work weekends and holidays.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Shorts breaks
Pleasant working environment, learned new skills, was able to apply Customer Service Skills
Head of Grocery Dept (Former Employee) –  Derby KansasDecember 5, 2018
Was able to learn new techniques and apply them to my job which allowed me to better understand my position and do a better job. Was able to put my knowledge to work and have a better working environment.
Pros
Regular breaks, more freedom in making decisions which allowed me to excell.
Cons
Management not helpful, was not truthful with me. Caused friction in the workplace
Very Fast Paced ,
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2018
The management is very poor. The training is very poor. I jus want something different . Hardest part is just being thrown out there without examples
Pros
Discount
Good part time job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, OKNovember 30, 2018
This is a good part time job. It was my first job. The staff was friendly and I made a lot of my current friends while working there. The pay is ok for the work. It can be pretty busy.
Pros
Good people
Cons
busy
I’ve met amazing people there!
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mustang, OKNovember 27, 2018
Braum’s is a friendly fast food place! It’s fast paced and hard work. It’s hard at first but after you learn everything its great!
Tips! Always show up on time and ready to work!
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Hard
Boring work place and poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXNovember 27, 2018
My daily routine includes; cleaning ( mopping, wiping down tables, and stocking) making Ice cream orders and taking orders. It’s very inconsistent and only convenient for the management
Pros
Groceries
Cons
Discount, hours
Fast pace environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 27, 2018
This job was difficult, either you were dealing with difficult customers, or drama from the high school employees, but I liked it. I liked the fast pace and that they rewarded the hard workers with advancement.
Pros
I got good hours, got offered a General Manager job with relocation.
Cons
Short breaks, drama from working with teenagers
Awesome Job
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXNovember 27, 2018
Friendly environment. Management always works with your schedule. Its a very fun job and good for young adults or teens to have on the side of a regular full time job.
Held many tasks
Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2018
I did a lot of different tasks there one day is not any other. Helped in the ice cream parlor and the small market store, cleaned the store/restaurant.
good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKNovember 21, 2018
It was a good job. they made you stay very late closng though. managment was alright. nothing was hard about this job. they hired mostly high school students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores.

Powered by Comparably