Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search See all 1,319 reviews
I hated working here.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 18, 2019
This job is only good if you are a student in high school and have no other place to work. Working here on the weekend, especially in the evening, is something that i would not wish upon my enemies because that would fall under "cruel and unusual punishment".
Awful work environemnt and poor treatment
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Derby, KSApril 18, 2019
I learned that some managers are just not nice people. The hardest parts were the ones when my coworkers wouldn't ever try and I had to do all the work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, rude managers
Good job to have for teens who go to school
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alma, ARApril 17, 2019
I never get any hours I’m 18 I have car insurance a phone bill I live on my own and go to school I at least need 20 hours a week. It’s a good environment that keeps you busy and I enjoy it I just need more hours and I don’t get that at braums.
Pros
You get food the bill is taken from your check
Cons
No hours
The leader of being a stepping stone for our newest friends on their employment journey
Assistant Manager & Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Henryetta, OKApril 17, 2019
Because of this company I was able to at a very young age define what kind of employee I was in the service industry field And I went from being a customer service representative What salesperson The customer service enthusiast and specialist that i am today
Liked working there
Ice Cream Server (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 17, 2019
This is a good starter job to start in high school. They help with alot. When you do graduate you get a raise. its a dollar but its still worth it to start out.
Slow exhausting workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 17, 2019
A typical day at work here was making ice cream products, handling cash, taking customers' orders, stocking groceries, ringing up customers' groceries, cleaning dishes. etc, etc. The management wasn't too bad but it felt like everyone just didn't care.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
inconsistent hours, poor pay.
Overall good company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXApril 15, 2019
Braum’s is a very good place to work. Lots of room for advancement and a good place to learn. Very busy work environment, must be able to multitask and have a very good work ethic. Pay is good and benefits are great!
Productive and easy-going job with fun co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 13, 2019
A typical day consisted of arriving clean and sanitary with my hair always out of my face and my work uniform. Normally I would work the longest on the weekends (all day) and some days during the week after school. Taking orders, handling money, cleaning and making ice cream treats were daily tasks. I learned how to handle tense and difficult situations with customers and learned out to manage crisis moments. On very busy days or nights, I learned how to control pressure and chaos, and keep my cool. Management was very relaxed and fair. Most of my co-workers were older or my age, and most had great influence and work ethic. The hardest part of my job was handling the ice cream line, or making shakes due to the mess. The most enjoyable part of my job was turning any bad situation into a good time.
Pros
Food discounts, breaks, great first job experience, good hours.
Cons
My healthcare, rude customers, messes.
good place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  duncan,okApril 12, 2019
Fast paced work environment. Do not get breaks on time. Management is poor. Workers are not appreciated there.........................................
It was a productive work environment with opportunities to get extra hours if you wanted them
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 12, 2019
Even with the stress and poor management, I enjoyed working there and the customers I got to serve. I enjoyed most of my coworkers and am sad that I was let go. I understand why they did, but was also disappointed because I did enjoy working for them, even if it was stressful.
Pros
15% discount on all products in the store, 30 minute breaks for 6+ hour shifts, above minimum wage for students
Cons
no healthcare or 401k for part-time workers, poor and rotating management
Celebration Station
None yet (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKApril 6, 2019
I would love to work somewhere that’s fast-paced and very quick. Anything would be good, I would like to load or unload anything. I just need some new experiences and I’ll be good.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
No Break
My first job in highschool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKApril 6, 2019
I loved every moment working there. I learned a lot and met a lot of people. My manager helped me out a lot with my schedule. Since I was in the highschool band there was days I couldn't come in due to competitions. I worked every day after school, band practice and every weekend. While maintaining my grades, I wouldn't change my experience with Braums ever!!
No comment
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 5, 2019
Really dont want to speak about this job smh just was a nasty place of business manager wasnt right team wasnt a team it was just too much for one person
Good part time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 4, 2019
Was a good part time job but pay wasn’t good enough to stay there. It was better than minimum wage though. The discount on food and groceries was nice. The employees were great as well. It was a steady pace of work until the rushes came at the certain times of the day. Then it could have gotten a little hectic but was a fun job. Their food use to be cheap but they have raised their prices a bit but still fair. Good food and ice cream.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Pay wasn’t great
Good starter job for high school and college kids
manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 3, 2019
Good for young people. College kids and single people. Other than that I don't remember anything. Not Applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable not applicable
Pros
I don't recall
Cons
Everything comes out of your check, your meals, grocery store stuff
I found working here was stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, OKApril 2, 2019
There was a lot of inconsistencies with scheduling and my boss. Each manager had a different set of rules and way of doing things. I found this difficult to keep up with. The training they give you does not help you with the job and is wasted time.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Stressful and inconsistent
It’s a great job for summer or in Highschool !
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKApril 1, 2019
I started this job with a positive attitude and I ended this job with a positive attitude. All the workers there want you to do your best and work your way up to the top. There are very busy days and very slow days. You will have bad days but you will always overcome it!
Small restaurant/grocery store.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSMarch 28, 2019
I was a cashier in the front, where I would mainly interact with the customers by taking their order, and serving them food. I also created any ice cream dish, such as milk shakes and sundaes.
Flexible hours
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2019
Opened the store at 5:30am
Turned off alarm system
Started the day and supervised by making sure we were ready to open at 6:00am
I achieved additional management experience
The hardest part of the job was the VERY fast-paced environment
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers most of which were repeat customers I talked to on a daily basis at the drive thru and front registers
Pros
The Customer Service
Cons
VERY fast-paced environment
N/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2019
Whether Braum’s is your stop for a burger and ice cream, or your weekly trip for groceries from the Fresh Market, we’re proud to be a part of your family’s tradition
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight