Braun Intertec Employee Reviews

Best NDT Company pound for pound!
Level II RT (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 11, 2018
Best Company I've worked for. They turn out the best technicians in the business. Becoming a RT level II tech feels like an accomplishment and not void the company needs to fill to make more money. Some of the best film interpretation in the business (if not the best), because of the leadership and training in the corporate offices. The pay was great! You get what you put in, so 80-100hrs a weeks was normal (as was the -30 to -40 windchill in the bakken lol). I was able to get home whenever I needed as long as I gave them a heads up. The folks in corporate where very down to earth and approachable people, if you had a legit issue they would make time to solve or correct a problem. The people you work with in the field are the best group of knuckleheads you could be around, very close knit. I left because of the price of a barrel fell so drastically the work dried up. It wasn't supposed to be a permanent move but because the price never really recovered in a timely manner I looked elsewhere for employment. Great Company!
Pros
pay, time off, benefits, stock options
Cons
windchill, frozen eyelashes
Great Co-op
CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDSeptember 4, 2018
Braun was a great company to co-op with. I was able to make good money while in college and get college credit for it. I sometimes miss working here because of the culture.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
No days off
Good job for experience hours.
NDT TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 13, 2018
20-80+ hours a week. Relaxed to super stressed and dangerously fatigued. Diminishing worker morale. Got my Certs and have decent pay. Only recognize you for when you make a small slip-up on something minor.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
ridiculous hours that affects home life, management.
Get your certs and move on
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 23, 2018
Braun offers many different settings in the Construction Materials Testing department. However, the pay is very low and work weeks are 50-60 hours a week plus weekend work. Great place to get your feet wet, get a few certifications, and move on to a decent paying job. There’s way too much responsibility and stress for the salaries they offer.
Pros
Be apart of Minneapolis’ biggest and best commercial projects
Cons
60 hour work weeks, poor healthcare options, low pay, high stress
Fast-paced work environment with enjoyable co-workers
Construction Materials Testing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 2, 2018
I worked at the Dickinson, ND field office. The co-workers in the office were supportive and had a great sense of camaraderie. The work during the summer was abundant and was consistently coming in so there were only a few slow periods during the summer. Contractors can be a bit demanding, but if you let the managers know they will help.
Very relaxed workplace.
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 19, 2018
The culture of the workplace is very enjoyable. The work is fast paced and the others that work there are very helpful. The benefits are amazing and you're almost guaranteed to get over 40 hours in a work week.
It was a great company to work for
Materials Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Awesome benefits. 401k company vehicles company cell phone bonuses easy work day the only downfall is the dispatcher nit giving certain calls or leting you know if a job cancelled or not
Manager
Construction Material Tester (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 9, 2018
Overall the manager was very laid back as long as you got done what you needed to do. Everyone in the office provided help if it was needed. The work wasn't too hard. It took some use getting to know how to do everything though.
Love my job
Material Technician III/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  North Mankato, MNNovember 13, 2017
Love having my dependency on my jobs. I like having g my own jobs that I am responsible for the whole year. I enjoy traveling. I like the benefits of the company.
Pros
The co workers
Cons
Not knowing next days schedule all the time
Soils Lab Intern
Soils Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 29, 2017
Proctors all day every day. Good pay but monotonous work and learned very little about the engineering field. On the contrary, the people I worked with were all great guys and made the day pass quickly.
Pros
Lots of free food, relaxed
Cons
Monotonous
Nice place to work, work load varied due to construction jobs
CMT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 9, 2017
Braun is a great place to work and great work atmosphere. The supervisors are great people as well! There is exceptional work staff that will teach you on things you do not know about.
Pros
Gained Knowledge, Nice pay
Cons
Work load varied due to construction jobs
great people to work with.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 1, 2017
Braun Intertec is truly a great company to work for. They really go above and beyond to take care of their employees. My only issue was other employees have more opportunities than some.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
there is a chance that you wont have and equal opportunity to advance in the company
good pay and lots of hours for non destructive skill
Non destructive testing assistant (Former Employee) –  Minot N.D.April 18, 2017
Braun Intertec is a fast paced place to work as a non destructive assistant. Working for management is a advantage to me because they are skilled in the trade not just hired administrators. The job is a fast paced job requiring worker to be on the ball at all times for safety and efficiency. The most difficult part of the job is the long hours working but the rewards great pay and having fun people to work with.
Remote site, bad managment
Field Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wever, IAApril 18, 2017
Braun itself is a good company, they just needed to have better and more capable management on site to assist the 20+ guys on their work force. It was a good learning experience and got me foot in the door to move up the ladder in construction.
Braun
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 20, 2017
Position is in Bloomington, MN Friendly coworkers and a very nice location. Many remote sites and it is a growing company. Has a good IT group located in several cities.
Great Place to Work
DOCUMENT CENTER COORDINATOR/SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2017
Great Place to work good Benefits this was a growing company that is always changing and offering new opportunities.
This is a company I would continue to work for if location would have worked out better for the family.
Benefits
Excellent
Tech (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 13, 2017
Good management. Good pay and hours I enjoyed this job. I liked the locations and being able to travel with my family. I miss working here and all the challenges I was faced with and able to overcome.
all talk and no walk
confidential (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 7, 2016
management will not walk the talk. They say they want to become a full service company, yet they do not want to grow their capabilities in other than the services they have provided for the past 60 years, i.e., materials testing and low-eng geoenvironmental services.
Enjoyed my time working at Braun
RT Assistant (Former Employee) –  North DakotaNovember 30, 2016
Was hired as a temp, ended up working a month longer than expected which was fine because I was able to get more OJT. I would work here again if given the opportunity.
Motivated compmay.
ICC Special Inspector / NDE Level II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 2, 2016
Hard working employees. Determined environment to succeed in business. Supervisors are willing and open to learn new things to improve function of duties.