Braun Intertec Employee Reviews

Best NDT Company pound for pound!
Level II RT (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 11, 2018
Best Company I've worked for. They turn out the best technicians in the business. Becoming a RT level II tech feels like an accomplishment and not void the company needs to fill to make more money. Some of the best film interpretation in the business (if not the best), because of the leadership and training in the corporate offices. The pay was great! You get what you put in, so 80-100hrs a weeks was normal (as was the -30 to -40 windchill in the bakken lol). I was able to get home whenever I needed as long as I gave them a heads up. The folks in corporate where very down to earth and approachable people, if you had a legit issue they would make time to solve or correct a problem. The people you work with in the field are the best group of knuckleheads you could be around, very close knit. I left because of the price of a barrel fell so drastically the work dried up. It wasn't supposed to be a permanent move but because the price never really recovered in a timely manner I looked elsewhere for employment. Great Company!
Pros
pay, time off, benefits, stock options
Cons
windchill, frozen eyelashes
Not a fun place to work
Field Services Technician III (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDDecember 6, 2018
Very poor work culture, no good organization structure or culture. cut corners so much. I never enjoyed working here at all. Only give raise to friends and family. No raise or promotion for me until I had no option but to complain. Very unqualified supervisors.
Pros
Nothing Good Here, Very poor work ethics
Cons
Worse place ever to work
Very relaxed workplace.
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 19, 2018
The culture of the workplace is very enjoyable. The work is fast paced and the others that work there are very helpful. The benefits are amazing and you're almost guaranteed to get over 40 hours in a work week.
It was a great company to work for
Materials Testing Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Awesome benefits. 401k company vehicles company cell phone bonuses easy work day the only downfall is the dispatcher nit giving certain calls or leting you know if a job cancelled or not
Good job for experience hours.
NDT TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 13, 2018
20-80+ hours a week. Relaxed to super stressed and dangerously fatigued. Diminishing worker morale. Got my Certs and have decent pay. Only recognize you for when you make a small slip-up on something minor.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
ridiculous hours that affects home life, management.
Poor management
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  texasNovember 23, 2018
Poor management. Micromanagement. People put into positions with zero experience in the engineering field. Unqualified management. Dishonest management
Get your certs and move on
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 23, 2018
Braun offers many different settings in the Construction Materials Testing department. However, the pay is very low and work weeks are 50-60 hours a week plus weekend work. Great place to get your feet wet, get a few certifications, and move on to a decent paying job. There’s way too much responsibility and stress for the salaries they offer.
Pros
Be apart of Minneapolis’ biggest and best commercial projects
Cons
60 hour work weeks, poor healthcare options, low pay, high stress
Great Co-op
CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDSeptember 4, 2018
Braun was a great company to co-op with. I was able to make good money while in college and get college credit for it. I sometimes miss working here because of the culture.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
No days off
Love my job
Material Technician III/ Inspector (Current Employee) –  North Mankato, MNNovember 13, 2017
Love having my dependency on my jobs. I like having g my own jobs that I am responsible for the whole year. I enjoy traveling. I like the benefits of the company.
Pros
The co workers
Cons
Not knowing next days schedule all the time
Braun
Non-Destructive Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 21, 2018
Start out with getting the truck ready. Head out to the job site. Talk with the job sup. find the welds, X ray the welds. develop the film. Check the film and make sure the welds are good.
Overly demanding; treats employees horribly
LABORATORY ANALYST IV (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 17, 2012
-management only worries about bottom line and their own personal gain
-benefits are laughable and administered by 2nd tier companies
-employees constantly asked to sacrifice, and are never repaid/recognized for said sacrifices, while management reaps the benefits
-good employees are rarely compensated adequately, and will leave as soon as a better job is offered elsewhere
-constantly shuffling and terminating employees to meet bottom line, with no regard for their actual performance. Example: employees are let go right before new budgets are due, other cheaper employees then hired once the new fiscal year begins.
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
healthcare, management, job security, compensation, slim supplies budgets
Fast-paced work environment with enjoyable co-workers
Construction Materials Testing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 2, 2018
I worked at the Dickinson, ND field office. The co-workers in the office were supportive and had a great sense of camaraderie. The work during the summer was abundant and was consistently coming in so there were only a few slow periods during the summer. Contractors can be a bit demanding, but if you let the managers know they will help.
Great Place to Work
DOCUMENT CENTER COORDINATOR/SAFETY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2017
Great Place to work good Benefits this was a growing company that is always changing and offering new opportunities.
This is a company I would continue to work for if location would have worked out better for the family.
Benefits
Braun Intertec
NDE Tech II (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 27, 2016
Within the past year Braun has gone from Employee centered to Client centered. This is a good company to work for if you are looking for contract work. There are some major shifts in work load throughout the year.
Pros
Benefits 401K
Cons
Long work days 16+ hours a day
good pay and lots of hours for non destructive skill
Non destructive testing assistant (Former Employee) –  Minot N.D.April 18, 2017
Braun Intertec is a fast paced place to work as a non destructive assistant. Working for management is a advantage to me because they are skilled in the trade not just hired administrators. The job is a fast paced job requiring worker to be on the ball at all times for safety and efficiency. The most difficult part of the job is the long hours working but the rewards great pay and having fun people to work with.
Manager
Construction Material Tester (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 9, 2018
Overall the manager was very laid back as long as you got done what you needed to do. Everyone in the office provided help if it was needed. The work wasn't too hard. It took some use getting to know how to do everything though.
Challenging work environment requiring problem solving skills and long hours.
Project Lead and Materials Testing Technician (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 5, 2016
Working for Braun Intertec requires dedication, patience and determination. A typical day involves long hours, physical and mental stamina and patience. As a technician, you perform a variety of construction materials testing, both in the lab and in the field. This testing can include gradation analyses, proctor tests, balloon correlation tests, nuclear density tests, concrete tests and more. Often times, there is a lot of pressure associated with being a technician, as your test results influence the cost of the project to the contractors. Overall, a challenging position that helps you to develop invaluable work skills that you can apply to future positions.
Empty Promises....
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 20, 2016
Mid and upper level management is nearly non existent. Reviews are a joke and often are completed and turned in with out you ever seeing the details that were written. Mid level management tends to give projects to senior techs, leaving newer techs to be laid off, same for new project managers. This is a great company to get some experience with, and then get out and find a company with more stability. New senior management acquisitions have positioned this company into very unstable waters.. layoffs and folks quitting are a monthly occurrence. The company has recently acquired other companies in Missouri, Texas and Minnesota. None of which have been pulling their weight in profitability. Leaving a lot of senior staff not knowing whats going on.. and hording projects for their own benefit. Completely a disappointing experience.
Pros
Good Company Vehicle Fleet
Cons
Weak HR, Weak management at all levels, no understood direction, wild acquisitions have left a once strong company staggering.
great people to work with.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 1, 2017
Braun Intertec is truly a great company to work for. They really go above and beyond to take care of their employees. My only issue was other employees have more opportunities than some.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
there is a chance that you wont have and equal opportunity to advance in the company
terrible company
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 13, 2015
They hired me with the understanding I would be home nights most of the time. I ended up being on the road for weeks, Their drilling supervisor quit so they hired an idiot with an ego trip because nobody else would take the job. There is no organization, no support staff, and really no one who knows anything when things go wrong. As a driller this is probably the most disorganized backwards company I have ever worked for. My rig broke down and I was literally stuck on the side of the road in 50 below temps for 3 hours because they wanted to find a cheaper towing company than the one I already had in route. Also if a short red hired fat guy still oversees North Dakota all I will say is beware. He would make me run over my hours for my driving logs or sleep in the truck to save money on hotels. No sleeper either. Also I gave them one star because I had to, they deserve zero.
Pros
Cons
extensive