Breakthru Beverage Group Employee Reviews

Lot of training no work/life balance
Wine Consultant- Off Premise Retail Wine Division (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
My first years was great. Make a lot of money by achieving all my goals ans I was involve in all kind of training possible all with minimal manager/boss supervision. Latter got promoted and everything change, my new manager just told me everything he wanted at every minute possible. I was not able to work by myself no more. I was working over 60 hours per week no work/life balance and they took my commissions away and lowered my salary. I was loosing around 1,250.00$ per month.
Pros
Training
Cons
lowering income on employees
Decent place to work if a manager is a fan...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
Covers all the bases on compensation package when hired. How much you have the potential to make? Depends on the territory. There are reps that scrape by and reps that have 2/3 of the accounts and make more with less hours in the middle. One rep could struggle to make 45k while another made 90 K. The culture initially was better and it was more "one team and one dream", but then the big managers started doing whatever suited them and living the life on the company tab... it became a tale of two cities. People who had been there for years, who deserved a promotion were getting looked over and passed by for younger, better looking people with zero experience. This led to the younger crowd getting a high sense of entitlement and an oh well attitude...because they knew they wouldn't be fired. How well the job was done? Who cares! So if you worked at a bar and had a lot of friends, you could easily never be a sales rep first. Just need to be a "mixologist" or a young female with minimal experience because they are friends with someone in management. That's when morale changed and it all went downhill, which is why they are merging/sold to Republic National.
Pros
Used to be a lot of fun at work, training was solid, made some great relationships
Cons
Babysitting meetings every Friday, career advancement, warehouse and delivery were awful typically
Great company to work for, rewarding and fun.
Area Manager, Package Division (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
Meeting with customers on a daily basis to sell and promote company and supplier brands. Always something different everyday which makes your days enjoyable and fast paced. Company offers sales training and product training to prepare you for success. Management team is reliable and available for support and vested in your success. Most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships and selling great brands and introducing new and exciting brands to the market.
Pros
Independent sales minimal supervision.
no work life balance
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 9, 2018
Poor management
moral is bad
equipment always falling apart.
Employees do what ever they want and work at there own pace. And you really cant say much unless you want HR on your back.
Amazing people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 26, 2018
Amazing people with many years of experience. Learned a great deal and gained certifications in many fields. Flexible hours if you get your work done in a timely manner.
Pros
Sales force and customers
Cons
delay on filling posistions, causing kinks throughout
Terrible Company to Work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
They don't care about you. All they want you to do is follow and stay silent.They are not afraid to take commissions away from you and will offer certain commissions and change parameters if they think you will make too much or if it benefits them more. No care for the worker bees, managment only cares about themselves. Management will also not offer help or solutions, only demand that work be done...
Pros
Free lunches and free swag at times.
Cons
No care for the working man...
Toxic work environment after merger
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
Following the merger with an east-coast liquor distributor, the workplace became quite toxic. People who left the company would not have their old roles filled, rumors of entire departments leaving for the shared services center, as well as petty games played by non-sales management.

It was like walking on egg shells every day.

Office staff were not treated like adults by HR or management.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Toxic work environment
Good Company
Off Premise Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2018
It was a great job to have but you are not compensated for mileage. There was great training and management was very helpful. They are a great company always looking to the future.
Pros
Great training and good coworkers
Cons
no mileage compensation
Great
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Midway, FLAugust 17, 2018
A little fast pace, and you have to be good at multi tasking. Will to work well with others. Have great customer service skills is a most have due to all the people you run in contact with .
poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 8, 2018
my first few years in this company were good but after the change managers it was a very bad experience with this company. not a equal opportunity place.
experience
Drivers helper (Former Employee) –  Hartland, WIAugust 7, 2018
working 8 to 13 hr. shifts Learning the area of southeast Wisconsin driving make delivery to. to stores. how to drive a forklift. the management was fair. it was nothing hard about the job simple and straight forward. and the best part about the job it was something new everyday.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
co workers commutation skills
friendly and appreciate workers
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 3, 2018
the people here are friendly and helpful, they appreciate there employees. clean and safe environment to work in. Diverse culture, very well team oriented.
great pay,people.and benefits
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 1, 2018
fast paced
timely deliveries
lots of perks for good work
management very good
no problems if you do your job
best part is you are on your own while driving if you finish early you still get paid full days pay
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
driving in traffic jams
great company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
Working a Wirtz was great, they really TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR EMPLOYEES. i like how they rather promote someone before hiring someone for that same position.
Not for me
Sales Consultant- Liquor/Wine/Beer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 26, 2018
This position wasn't for me. I didn't have all the answers when I took the job and the insurance was through the roof for my family who had medical conditions.
Internship - wasn't that great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 16, 2018
They didn't manage traveling well for the interns and made them travel to areas where people lived already. I lived in the suburbs and they would make me drive to Chicago and then make a person from Chicago go to the suburbs. Made no sense to me but i went along with it.
Hard work good pay
helper on a liquor truck (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 10, 2018
Nice people to work for long hours good pay hard work!! I don’t know what else to say management listens. Being a helper you are finished when the truck is empty!!
Pros
Discounts on product
Growth!
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2018
Im lost for words on how a company so large can treat their customers and employees in such manner. Many lies and false promises, the company is currently focused on growing the business rather then taking care of its customers deliveries and billing errors. Lots of slamming, extra orders being delivered to accounts without approval of customers, this makes an reps job difficult because we are the face of the company!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No 401 match, No car allowance, No milage reimbursement, No cell phone customers call you day and night on your personal phone, expensive medical costs, lack of leadership support
Typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2018
My typical day included planning sales calls, pitching new items and creating imaginative display ideas. I also executed excellent customer service, creative merchandising and maintained accurate inventories for many accounts.
Breakthru was a good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
It was a good company to work for. they treated the employees fairly. The benefits were good and flexible hours were a bonus.
The hardest part of the job was lifting the cases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakthru Beverage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss