Breakthru Beverage Group Employee Reviews

Lot of training no work/life balance
Wine Consultant- Off Premise Retail Wine Division (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
My first years was great. Make a lot of money by achieving all my goals ans I was involve in all kind of training possible all with minimal manager/boss supervision. Latter got promoted and everything change, my new manager just told me everything he wanted at every minute possible. I was not able to work by myself no more. I was working over 60 hours per week no work/life balance and they took my commissions away and lowered my salary. I was loosing around 1,250.00$ per month.
Pros
Training
Cons
lowering income on employees
Terrible Company to Work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2018
They don't care about you. All they want you to do is follow and stay silent.They are not afraid to take commissions away from you and will offer certain commissions and change parameters if they think you will make too much or if it benefits them more. No care for the worker bees, managment only cares about themselves. Management will also not offer help or solutions, only demand that work be done...
Pros
Free lunches and free swag at times.
Cons
No care for the working man...
Decent place to work if a manager is a fan...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2018
Covers all the bases on compensation package when hired. How much you have the potential to make? Depends on the territory. There are reps that scrape by and reps that have 2/3 of the accounts and make more with less hours in the middle. One rep could struggle to make 45k while another made 90 K. The culture initially was better and it was more "one team and one dream", but then the big managers started doing whatever suited them and living the life on the company tab... it became a tale of two cities. People who had been there for years, who deserved a promotion were getting looked over and passed by for younger, better looking people with zero experience. This led to the younger crowd getting a high sense of entitlement and an oh well attitude...because they knew they wouldn't be fired. How well the job was done? Who cares! So if you worked at a bar and had a lot of friends, you could easily never be a sales rep first. Just need to be a "mixologist" or a young female with minimal experience because they are friends with someone in management. That's when morale changed and it all went downhill, which is why they are merging/sold to Republic National.
Pros
Used to be a lot of fun at work, training was solid, made some great relationships
Cons
Babysitting meetings every Friday, career advancement, warehouse and delivery were awful typically
Good Company
Off Premise Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 2, 2018
It was a great job to have but you are not compensated for mileage. There was great training and management was very helpful. They are a great company always looking to the future.
Pros
Great training and good coworkers
Cons
no mileage compensation
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 11, 2018
A good company to work for. Great people. Great atmosphere. Great benefits. They make the job rewarding and fulfilling. I would definitely recommend this place for others to wy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great pay,people.and benefits
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 1, 2018
fast paced
timely deliveries
lots of perks for good work
management very good
no problems if you do your job
best part is you are on your own while driving if you finish early you still get paid full days pay
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
driving in traffic jams
Positive culture but poorly run
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 27, 2018
Breakthru Colorado has a desire to be a great company, both as a success in their industry and to their employees. Unfortunately, they have a step learning curve when it comes to change and expect too much from their employees (without knowing what 'enough' is). They struggle to understand success without just working harder.
Pros
Good benefits and positive work environment
Cons
Trouble understanding how to be successful
Great place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 21, 2018
This is a great job that is relatively easy. The employers are protected by the union which helps with pay and benefits. I would definitely recommend this job. It requires a lot of driving and some manual labor.
Cons
No vehicle reimbursement.
Productive workplace, great teamwork and motivation
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2018
Visiting accounts daily, writing up orders, making presentations for new products from suppliers and incremental sales. Managing their inventory, acc. receivable etc.
Pros
great benefits, insurance, 401k, opportunity to grow
Breakthru was a good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
It was a good company to work for. they treated the employees fairly. The benefits were good and flexible hours were a bonus.
The hardest part of the job was lifting the cases
Challenging and rewarding career
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  ILMay 18, 2018
Pay and benefits for a sales consultant are great if you are a hard worker and put in the time. Very demanding and time consuming schedule in order to be successful.
Pros
insurance and pay
Cons
work /life balance
Great company to work for, rewarding and fun.
Area Manager, Package Division (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
Meeting with customers on a daily basis to sell and promote company and supplier brands. Always something different everyday which makes your days enjoyable and fast paced. Company offers sales training and product training to prepare you for success. Management team is reliable and available for support and vested in your success. Most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships and selling great brands and introducing new and exciting brands to the market.
Pros
Independent sales minimal supervision.
fun work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
Not a horrible company. No connection with employees. Lots of trips you can win but management has no control over the politics that goes on when it comes to promoting hard working employees.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
no growth for minorities
Unfairly treated Office staff
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
They only promote those that are not qualified for their positions and who don't really put in a lot of time in the office. They hold people back in positions because they do such a great job and don't want to lose that person. No advancement. Pay is not the best. You are lucky if you receive a 20 cent raise. Everyone in the entire company gets bonuses except for hourly office staff. (Admins) Even accounting receive quarterly incentives.
My Review
Hotels and Catering Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 24, 2017
I write my daily goals, every appointment and the clients involved
I visit every friend on the daily agenda, Yes, because every of clients always becomes also my friend.
I make presentation both educational and of introduction of new products.Always fun and interesting.
Tastings are numerous throughout the day.
At the end of the day I write which goals I have achieved.

I have learned that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself or knowing how to delegate to the right person.

Always work with your manager not for your manager. I never feel that I work for your manager.

Create a sound daily plan

Meet my clients
Benefits
Great job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2018
As a driver I enjoyed working at Breakthru. Four days on - three days off. Payed well for job. Good quality management team. I would consider it the best job I have had. I would work for them again if given a chance.
Pros
Time worked vs. time off.
Cons
Long work days.
Hard work good pay
helper on a liquor truck (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 10, 2018
Nice people to work for long hours good pay hard work!! I don’t know what else to say management listens. Being a helper you are finished when the truck is empty!!
Pros
Discounts on product
Cons
A good company to work for, great work enviroment
Sales Consultant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for Breakthru Beverage. The spirits, wine and beer industry is ever changing and provides challenges with those changes. Colorado is set to go through some more major changes in the spirits industry and will force distributors to re-align with suppliers. The distributors will have to change their ways of business with the chain account laws beginning to change.
Its an exciting and dynamic industry with quality people to work with and for.
Pros
Great benefits, quality work environment.
Cons
Ever changing work dynamic and alignments with suppliers are continuing to change.
Toxic work environment after merger
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2018
Following the merger with an east-coast liquor distributor, the workplace became quite toxic. People who left the company would not have their old roles filled, rumors of entire departments leaving for the shared services center, as well as petty games played by non-sales management.

It was like walking on egg shells every day.

Office staff were not treated like adults by HR or management.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Toxic work environment
Breakthru Beverage
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
My role was a District Sales manager promoted from a National Account Manager. Directly managed five sales associates in the on premise in downtown Chicago. Worked directly and managed the Diageo portfolio.
Pros
People Management Experience
Cons
Lack of communication and unrealistic goals - Lots of unused paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakthru Beverage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss