Breakthru Beverage Group Employee Reviews

Hard work good pay
helper on a liquor truck (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 10, 2018
Nice people to work for long hours good pay hard work!! I don’t know what else to say management listens. Being a helper you are finished when the truck is empty!!
Pros
Discounts on product
Growth!
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 3, 2018
Im lost for words on how a company so large can treat their customers and employees in such manner. Many lies and false promises, the company is currently focused on growing the business rather then taking care of its customers deliveries and billing errors. Lots of slamming, extra orders being delivered to accounts without approval of customers, this makes an reps job difficult because we are the face of the company!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No 401 match, No car allowance, No milage reimbursement, No cell phone customers call you day and night on your personal phone, expensive medical costs, lack of leadership support
Typical day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2018
My typical day included planning sales calls, pitching new items and creating imaginative display ideas. I also executed excellent customer service, creative merchandising and maintained accurate inventories for many accounts.
Breakthru was a good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
It was a good company to work for. they treated the employees fairly. The benefits were good and flexible hours were a bonus.
The hardest part of the job was lifting the cases
Great place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJune 21, 2018
This is a great job that is relatively easy. The employers are protected by the union which helps with pay and benefits. I would definitely recommend this job. It requires a lot of driving and some manual labor.
Cons
No vehicle reimbursement.
Exciting Sales Position
Fine Wine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 13, 2018
This was an exciting, fast paced and well-compensated position with a nationally renowned company. Left due to work environment not fitting in with my ideals.
Productive workplace, great teamwork and motivation
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 8, 2018
Visiting accounts daily, writing up orders, making presentations for new products from suppliers and incremental sales. Managing their inventory, acc. receivable etc.
Pros
great benefits, insurance, 401k, opportunity to grow
Relaxed
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 6, 2018
It's a relaxed environment, albeit still production-based. You're guaranteed on the day shift overtime every week. There's great management there. I'd say the pay is competitive with other warehouses in the area, but I'd rather they'd pay more.
Pros
Guaranteed overtime every week
Cons
Wages
Alcohol sales is tougher than it looks
Premium Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Overall, a pretty good place to work if you're interested in getting into route sales. An entry-level rep will get plenty of management coaching and there are lots of opportunities to move around within the company once you've proven yourself...
productive and plenty of hours
Helper (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJune 4, 2018
good place to work, but work advancement and pay were very minimum. out all day on deliveries, usually a 10 hour work day. always had Saturday-Sunday and Monday off.
Pros
good hours. saturday-monday off
Cons
lack of work advancement
Fun job no pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  N Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2018
All the people I worked with were great people. Manager and supervisor were cool. Always out and meeting new people. Had to leave because you can not support a family in what they pay. Yes it’s physical and tiring but if you work hard enough you’ll be done early or at least on time.
Pros
People, vacation time
Cons
Pay
bad place to work
Contract (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 24, 2018
The management sucks the employees are cynical and no teamwork no willingless to train anyone favoritism horrible unsafe conditions management is very stuck up and disrespectful as wellas employees
Pros
Cons
lack of pay hours short breaks
Hard work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 23, 2018
Started out in the warehouse, worked in that positon for 2 yrs and moved over to the transportation dept as a delivery driver pay was getting better but company needed more drivers
Corporate business through and through
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to anyone at this company is making sure the people who are at the top get paid. I have been with this company for three and half years, and for some reason there seems to be a lack of common sense about the day to day duties of many departments from the higher ups. When policies come down from corporate board meetings telling you to change what you are doing and have been doing (and it's working for both you and the account you are assigned) for as long as you have been working for this company, and all of the sudden your job becomes your biggest stressor, you know something can't be right about that. However, you don't have a say in how that works, even though you are the one who handles the product every day and sees the accounts everyday. Nope, your work pattern and work practices are dictated by people who see more of the golf course and fancy dinners than they do the actual accounts. Yet, they know exactly what needs to be done to make changes to "better effect company growth and client relations".
Pros
Fun Industry to work in
Cons
Corporate greed, no regard for actual HANDS ON job practices
Challenging and rewarding career
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  ILMay 18, 2018
Pay and benefits for a sales consultant are great if you are a hard worker and put in the time. Very demanding and time consuming schedule in order to be successful.
Pros
insurance and pay
Cons
work /life balance
I love working here
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 6, 2018
I love working here. It feels like a big family. Everyone is nice, supportive and willing to help others. I love my bosses, I love the wines I represent, and the educational opportunities are abundant.
Breakthru Review
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2018
I like working here. Great people to work with and the management is friendly and works with you to advance. I would recommend working here to friends and/or family.
Pros
Good work environment, competent training program
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Excellent experience. Managers provide support and excellent communication w/all of the moving parts to the current position I am in.
Promotion Associate (Current Employee) –  North Wales, PAApril 7, 2018
Excellent support and communication provided from field managers. Managers are very approachable and provide excellent assistance when needed. Appropriate orientation provided. Electronic access provided makes job easier.
Pros
Monthly general sales meeting
Overall very happy
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 6, 2018
Overall I am very happy with the company. I am looking for advancement in my area.I have been treated extremely fair. I enjoy working with the public and love to give recommendations to customers about different products,
enjoyed most of my customers
Driver/Sales Workers (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, SCMarch 26, 2018
The hardest part of my job was getting up at 4:30 in the morning. The part of the job I enjoyed was my freedom while out working. The job was easy and I enjoyed working with most of my employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakthru Beverage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight