Breakthru Beverage Group Management reviews

great pay,people.and benefits
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 1, 2018
fast paced
timely deliveries
lots of perks for good work
management very good
no problems if you do your job
best part is you are on your own while driving if you finish early you still get paid full days pay
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
driving in traffic jams
Hard work good pay
helper on a liquor truck (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJuly 10, 2018
Nice people to work for long hours good pay hard work!! I don’t know what else to say management listens. Being a helper you are finished when the truck is empty!!
Pros
Discounts on product
Relaxed
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJune 6, 2018
It's a relaxed environment, albeit still production-based. You're guaranteed on the day shift overtime every week. There's great management there. I'd say the pay is competitive with other warehouses in the area, but I'd rather they'd pay more.
Pros
Guaranteed overtime every week
Cons
Wages
Alcohol sales is tougher than it looks
Premium Account Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Overall, a pretty good place to work if you're interested in getting into route sales. An entry-level rep will get plenty of management coaching and there are lots of opportunities to move around within the company once you've proven yourself...
bad place to work
Contract (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLMay 24, 2018
The management sucks the employees are cynical and no teamwork no willingless to train anyone favoritism horrible unsafe conditions management is very stuck up and disrespectful as wellas employees
Pros
Cons
lack of pay hours short breaks
Corporate business through and through
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 21, 2018
At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to anyone at this company is making sure the people who are at the top get paid. I have been with this company for three and half years, and for some reason there seems to be a lack of common sense about the day to day duties of many departments from the higher ups. When policies come down from corporate board meetings telling you to change what you are doing and have been doing (and it's working for both you and the account you are assigned) for as long as you have been working for this company, and all of the sudden your job becomes your biggest stressor, you know something can't be right about that. However, you don't have a say in how that works, even though you are the one who handles the product every day and sees the accounts everyday. Nope, your work pattern and work practices are dictated by people who see more of the golf course and fancy dinners than they do the actual accounts. Yet, they know exactly what needs to be done to make changes to "better effect company growth and client relations".
Pros
Fun Industry to work in
Cons
Corporate greed, no regard for actual HANDS ON job practices
Breakthru Review
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 6, 2018
I like working here. Great people to work with and the management is friendly and works with you to advance. I would recommend working here to friends and/or family.
Pros
Good work environment, competent training program
Cons
Inconsistent hours
fun work environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
Not a horrible company. No connection with employees. Lots of trips you can win but management has no control over the politics that goes on when it comes to promoting hard working employees.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
no growth for minorities
Would not recommend to anyone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ft myers FlFebruary 12, 2018
Poor work conditions, poor management. The manager down south is unbelievably lazy. You work more hours than what was said. Loads are always late to yard give you impossible times to do the job.
Pros
Is an easy job
Cons
Everything about the job.
Stressful
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WIFebruary 6, 2018
A job where they careless about their employees wellbeing. If your sick your just sick and you can tell them that the amount of hours that they have you working is dangerous and they’ll tell you so
Poorly Managed
office (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILJanuary 13, 2018
Does not treat all their customers to the greatest potential. The moral is horrible as an employee. No fairness within employees. Some get better treatment and benefits than others.
Fast paced high expectations and overloaded work load
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 12, 2018
Worked directly with management team. Emailed suppliers, trade development. Learned how to coach and development district managers and manage people. Culture was up and down depending on how much was expected from employees. Managing over 100 spirit, wine & beer suppliers. Fun industry working with accounts and people to get our products featured.
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2018
Love working at Breakthru. We have a great work fun balance. I love my direct manager as well as the management higher up. Absolutely a great place to work and progess as a sales person.
Good pay and benefits with poor management
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILDecember 29, 2017
I liked working there but the management was always angry and yelled at you for the wrong reasons. Dispatchers couldn't handle the stress when things went wrong. Things constantly were going wrong there. In my opinion, too much too often. Appreciation for hard work was nonexistent, but reprocussions for failure or problems were swift and severe
Pros
30 min lunch and two 15 minute breaks, Guaranteed 10 hrs per day 4 days a week, Good insurance and time off
Cons
Poor management no recognition for sucess, Warehouse is only 5 years old and constantly breaks down, Constant problems with orders
Not a bad job.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 16, 2017
Pretty good job, not much in the way of career advancement. Salary could be better. Overall management is good. 2 weeks paid vacation and 1 week personal time plus paid holidays is a plus.
My Review
Hotels and Catering Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 24, 2017
I write my daily goals, every appointment and the clients involved
I visit every friend on the daily agenda, Yes, because every of clients always becomes also my friend.
I make presentation both educational and of introduction of new products.Always fun and interesting.
Tastings are numerous throughout the day.
At the end of the day I write which goals I have achieved.

I have learned that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself or knowing how to delegate to the right person.

Always work with your manager not for your manager. I never feel that I work for your manager.

Create a sound daily plan

Meet my clients
Benefits
WArehouse worker , Denver co
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2017
warehouse operation manager harrast everyone in The WArehouse , he yield , curse and intimidate you in all aspect , he make feel like so bad like quitting
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Warehouse operations manager
Overall Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2017
Needs to improve morale, leadership and overall strategy for growth. Current management and guidance is lacking at all levels and you can see why suppliers are leaving in droves.
Off Premise Sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartland, WIOctober 15, 2017
Company continually spreading itself thinner and thinner. Gobbles up brands and can't seem to support any of them, which turns in to everything being a priority. Micromanaged to death over email with little support from management to finish initiatives. Too top heavy, but couldn't tell you what most of them do all day except put out fires from their bosses by dumping work onto the consultants. Bosses like to send out emails but are never there to help. Long hours. Have to put away and merchandise your own orders a lot of the time after you've already worked a full day. Warehouse is a mess. Can't keep delivery drivers or warehouse staff. Orders constantly sent out incorrectly. Bosses throw tantrums. The pay is high but not worth it between the hours you put in and how useless and exhausted you will be after working. No time off during holidays. Can take a toll a family life and relationships.
Pros
High pay, incentive trips
Cons
Zero work life balance, horrible management, scatter brained mentality
No Advancement
Sr. Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 31, 2017
There is almost no way for a person to advance except through the sales side. Most managers are young and don't intend to retire or the ones that should retire stay.

Communication is terrible from the CEO down to the managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Breakthru Beverage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight