BREC

• Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

State Job

Great benefits Decent pay Decent work life balance Friendly employees Plenty of opportunities for promotion within the agency.It is what you make of it.

Pros

1 hr lunches

Cons

Depends on your manager

Nice experience

A good learning experience could be more transparent and could help more people grow, growth is rare. Old way of learning things. Could use innovation

great place to work and fun environment

BREC is a great company to work for and learn new things. The environment is very positive and community based. There is plenty of room to learn new things and move up in your role and employment.

Unorganized company to to work for

This is a horrible place to work. I've worked at Indeed for two years, and I am so grateful I was hired. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. After every event, Q&A, all-hands, there's an option to leave feedback and the feedback is actually read and action is taken. As soon as COVID-19 was getting serious, Indeed was one of the first companies to implement a mandatory work-from-home policy. Our healthy and safety came first, and I felt so lucky our company had the opportunity to make that decision. Since the WFH policy, our CEO, COO, and SVP of HR have been INCREDIBLE with transparency, being here for us and communicating to us more than I've ever seen.I feel valued, heard, and my work means something when I am at Indeed.In terms of benefits, it's truly fantastic. We have unlimited PTO, and we are encouraged to take it. 401K match up to 3%. Great healthcare plan. Our NYC office is beautiful with fully stocked drinks and snacks. There's a gym and multiple terraces. We have company happy hours once a month and our holiday parties are OUTSTANDING. Every year the company gives everyone a really nice gift for the holidays. I really could go on for a long time. Definitely, definitely apply.

Fun workplace

My experience as a camp counselor was great. All of the field trips and events were well organized. My coworkers were helpful and had a passion for kids.

Pros

Free fieldtrips, great pay

Cons

Not allowed to go on vacation

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

A fun and friendly place to work.

My day starts by greeting everyone with a smile. Everyone is highly respected from patrons to managements to janitors. The hardest part of my job is collecting signed timesheets. Most enjoyable part of my job is everything else, from data entry to taking minutes from a meeting, to paying bills and sending them to the accounts payable department for approval. I really enjoy my job.

Fun work environment

Great place to work most times. You can always count on a co-worker to lend a hand when you need it. You just have to ask. You can tell they really value employees here.

Good culture, Friendly workers

I worked very closely with young kids every day, and sometimes I would work with the teenage goalkeeper. while I worked there I taught young kids how to play soccer and taught the older kids how to refine their skill.

Fun place to work

Its a great job if you are a teacher/ child care professional. Must be an outside person who interacts with children. Also be very observant of the kids.

N/a

Working for BREC was a great experience I would go back and I would recommend it to anyone Typical Day working on ball fields Hardest part is the weather,

It provides a great supplemental income for students and retirees.

A typical day on the job is layed back and eventful. Most workers will learn how to get along with many types of people from all walks of life. I learned how to set goals and create a bucket list in order to go from point A to point B. The company can improve its culture in regards toall the nepotism that exist etc. the hardest part of the job is knowing you want be promoted.

n/a

it was okay very chill but you worked for your money cant just sit around on the job like most people think their going to get away with doing i enjoyed my time there

BREC is an awesome place for kids!

BREC is a hands-on children's program that helps with the advancement of kids and their daily activities. BREC is also considered a tutoring program that assists kids with their schoolwork. There is also outdoor activities for kids, to ensure that they are staying productive.

Great place to work but not enough room for advancment

Great job but it's very hard to move in the company. They have great benefits but it is hard extra money when you need it. When you work for BREC you turn into their property.

Productive and fun work environment. It was a blast!

I loved my time at BREC. Great management and great coworkers! I got paid to have fun and spend time with kids, two of my favorite things. Management did a great job of taking care of us and providing us with everything we needed.

It's an Ok job

BREC is place for those who are new to the work field and those who want to make extra money outside of their full time jobs. I do feel like they under pay their workers like most Baton Rouge jobs but other than that, it's okay. It wouldn't say its terrible or great.

I love brec

I love it here but I am looking for another summer job but If something come up with them will accept the job. I really love working for this company.

Liberty lagoon

Me personally I love the atmosphere working for brec. It drove me to be the person I am today by working hard and having that drive to succeed. The people there are generous and loving and look out for one another.

productive and fun

just interacting with kids laid back always stay organized have an activity to pass time some locations are easy some are difficult parents and children can give staff a hard

Pros

Relaxed easy job for anyone

Cons

low pay and no good benefits for part time and no support when getting injuried on the job.

Ok place

Just going from park to park fixing things and cutting grass real laidback job management was ok I liked to see the progress of our work once it was done and and learned how to fix many things in the work place

Pros

New what your day consisted of

Cons

Was compensated corretly

Competitive and stressfull

Long hours with little to no guidance on tasks you are given. Even when completed to best of your ability its still wrong since you weren't given any directions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BREC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BREC