Brella Productions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Brella Productions
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 26, 2018
I would not recommend working here unless you are just out of school and you need to get a foot in the door or as an unpaid intern. On the plus side, the company has managed to retain a few large prestigious clients that are worth working with for the experience. However, one of the owners also manages half the company and has a lot of work to do to improve every facet of the toxic work environment they perpetuate on a personal level.
Pros
Small in-office perks like free soda.
Cons
Toxic micromanaging with a negative attitude.
Work - Life Balance Gurus
Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 29, 2017
When you think of Brella, you should think of family. This company is not only unique because of the creative work they produce, or the amazing decor and spiral staircase, or the cutest and funniest office pups that are around, but it's the people that make this place. The diversity level within this corporation is amazing. The staff works very hard but they support and care about one another. Feedback is given often, communication between teams is great, and the variety of client work is diverse and innovative. I personally have seen the awesome opportunities various project work has provided team members with the ability to shine creatively all around the world. Growth in people's individual fields is available and onsite training is strongly encouraged. Brella is all about being your best and helping team members get to where they want in their career.
Pros
Company outings, Monthly cookouts on the deck, promoting from within, onsite training, dog friendly, creative and laid back environment
Great benefits and Culture! Fun people and projects
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Working at Brella is not perfect but it really works for my needs and lifestyle. Remote work, fun employee activities, great offices and wonderful people to work with. They run multiple divisions and life at HQ is my favorite! Our North team work on client site and we try to send them Brella love when possible!
Pros
Benefits, People, Culture
Cons
Corporate work (dependable but boring)
Phenomenal Culture
Tech (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 13, 2017
The culture at Brella is pretty amazing. Everyone is very supportive and accommodating. Work has a tendency to ebb and flow a bit. Some days are super busy, other days we are celebrating National Bacon Day with a bacon cook-off.

In my experience management has always been open minded and will at least hear out an idea. There are no cubicles and only a couple of people have offices. Everyone is very social and this works for us.

I love that we are dog friendly. On any given day we have 5-8 dogs helping us eat lunch and smile. We also try to be as green as possible. Which is nice.

Overall, this is a wonderful place to be everyday.
Pros
Great culture, lots of support and direction when needed, decent healthcare and benefits, wonderful and responsive management
Cons
More PTO is always nice, Work ebbs and flows some days are a little busier than others
There's a reason why Brella is always posting jobs here...
contractor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 3, 2015
and it's not because they're growing. The company has plenty of work and you will probably work as a "contractor" as they primarily provide support for a large pharmaceutical company. They go through people like chewed gum and is the reason you'll always find them posting jobs here.
Pros
it's a job for the time being...
Cons
superficial and will turn on you at the drop of dime