Brennan & Clark Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Well established company with a solid future

Long term management. Very solid background. Ethical company. Good work environment. Slow to change. Do not think outside of the box very often. Very conservative in terms of growth initiatives.

Takes forever to get them to trust you with more than a $700 balance at 20% fee

Sure they're friendly but they don't trust you enough to make any real money for a very long time. New hires are kept working small balances for almost a year. They don't do second voices, you have to give the account away. There's no real sense of team at all, "mentors" are mostly condescending and not a lot of help.

Pros

You get your own office

Cons

Your on your own

Great stepping stone

You always worked a set schedule. My co workers were fun and nice people that brought a smile to my face. This job gave me experience working reception and customer service. It was a great stepping stone.

Pros

experience

Cons

stressfull

The job can be challenging but company makes it fun

I worked at B&C a while back and learned the ins & outs of the collection industry. It was a great job and I really enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was accessible, but not over your shoulder. They would have contests which were always fun. I moved and had to leave the company but have used what I learned about negotiations in my other jobs I've had since then.

Pros

Great co-workers, they trained me, contests

Cons

The stress of calling on people who owe money day in & day out

High production volume required and can be fun

Requires strong work ethic and dedication to employment in and out of office. Overall is a good company to work for. The company provides excellent health insurance. The typical day requires 90+ calls per day, computerized unit organization, must have ability to adapt to change at a moments notice.

Pros

Health insurance, bonus structure, continued training

Cons

Stressful and demanding

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Old building with the phones & work stations always going out of order

Made bonus every month there for 11 months and was then told they did not like the way I was performing my job. I was fired along with 3 others. It looks like a financial problem.

Pros

Cons

old building that smelled old//phones & I T were always going down

Challenging & results driven organization

As the Final Collector, worked a portfolio of third party accounts that had already been handled by previous commercial collectors within the organization. The position provided my introduction to the business community and enhanced problem solving skills in a professional and diplomatic manner. Management was available to answer questions and provide guidance. Work environment was competitive and financially rewarding based on quota/bonus compensation.

Pros

Educational, challenging and financially rewarding

Cons

High stress environment

Interesting Stepping Stone

This job was a stepping stone in the area and I enjoyed the co workers that I worked with. I was new to collections and I had excellent training.

fun work place

I enjoyed working with American Stores as office clerk and the hardest part was the company was closed and moved to Utah and I had to say good bye with co-workers.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

short breaks

Fun to work with

My business with Brennan & Clark was good. My responsible duties are: scanning incoming mail and claims, distributed incoming mail to various departments, entered checks in computer system and stuffed and metered mail on daily delivery

Pros

no free lunch

Jobs at Brennan & Clark Ltd