Brenntag Pacific Employee Reviews

Corporate structure
Office (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 8, 2018
Typical corporate manage company. Lot of greedy admins who throws anyone under the bus to advance. No need to have any aspirations, if your not concern, for the people under you. .
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Don’t question the bosses.
Not a career, poor training and equipment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2018
Lack of leadership, chem suits are extremely uncomfortable, and the tannkers are poorly maintained. Need a better training program on how to perform all the duties
Pros
Free lunch, shoe reimbursement, benefits
Cons
No breaks, supervisor is uneducated
Busy and high stress
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 22, 2018
Not convinced upper management knows what best for the Fresno branch going forward. Need to focus on finishing commissioning the new plant, then work on making the existing operation efficient.
Pros
Workforce has somewhat good relationship
Cons
upper managment, hours per week expectation, last minute changes
Overall a great place
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAMarch 8, 2018
Great company and a great place to work, the chemical industry is what makes it challenging to enjoy. Along with dealing with competitors, regulations and compliance can also be a challenge.
Stressful but fulfilling job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 14, 2018
This was a job working for a global company with global and local customers. Long hours, but the Cheyenne office is a family with great relationships.
Lack of leadership in management position
Warehouse Worker/Operator (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 28, 2017
Generally low pay for the amount of chemical exposure you are subjected to on a daily basis. Workers with the most responsibility are paid the least amount.
fast paced environement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 18, 2017
answered phones, entered orders, answer customer's questions regarding their orders or products.

The hardest part of the job was answering chemical questions customers had, my chemical knowledge was not very vast.
Because there was a lot of work, overtime was mandatory.
Pros
flexible hours if I had to go to doctors, or run errands
Cons
long hours, overtime was great but after a few months, it took a toll
Brenntag is a good place to work and I would reccommend it to others.
Hazmat Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2017
Brenntag is a good place to work. A typical day would consist of getting the paperwork, Hooking up your truck to your trailer, drive to your delivery and deliver the product. Drive back to the office and get another load and do the same. I learned how to be patient and take my time to do things right. Management was OK, but they would keep us waiting in the morning for paperwork. The work place culture is good overall, but there are some people with bad attitudes that make it hard to enjoy the work. I enjoy being on the road, being on my own with the ability to accomplish what I have been trained to do.
Pros
Steady work and great benefits
Cons
Management would buy TV's and water fountains, rather than get us the new equiptment needed to do the job.
Overall a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 23, 2016
Long hours. Enjoyable people to work with especially the other drivers. Mostly outdoor work. good Benefits.
Home most nights and weekends.
Lacks Good Communications Practices/Procedures & Systemic Disregard for Employee Safety
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 21, 2016
Typically, personnel are expected to remain in their isolated operational department groups, keep their heads down, and avoid making any suggestions or aiding anyone with their duties. I learned that the safety concerns, when expressed by employees were dismissed out-of-hand, without due investigations, follow-ups, or changes. This was especially true of any suggestions from union employees. Management's perspective, confirmed up to the position of Regional Managers, was that any union employees was the "enemy", "gamed the system", and were always looking for ways to do the least amount of work. Co-workers interacted with customers and each other from an "under siege mentality", which expressed itself in a high degree of resistance to any customer, co-worker, or manager when any situation called for quick, sensible solutions that were outside of their comfort zone. All employees I interacted with habitually hoarded incoming information in case it might prove useful for their self-defense of some future possible job insecurity. Mistrust was the highest I had ever experienced. Almost everyone, especially mid-level management, gossiped and spoke poorly of other employees when they were not present.There was, unfortunately, nothing pleasant about this job, despite continued efforts to improve employee dynamics. It was literally, the worst, most unfulfilling position I ever held. I would be highly surprised if any work culture there improved prior to permanent changes in management.
Good Company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 13, 2013
Chemical sales. Customer Service. Dealing with management
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many micro managers
productive
Shipping and Receiving, (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2013
Load and unload trucks, dispatch drivers, unload stock trucks, maintain warehouse, rotate stock, pick and pull orders, print pick tickets, print BOL, communicate with co-workers.
tought me alot about myself
Assistant Operations/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 21, 2012
and how not to take everything for granted, was a great place to work but when the company in Salt Lake City was purchased the didn't need my position any more.

i was pretty high in the company working from the bottom up since 1994 went from working in the warehouse to managing all of the Hazardouse waste for three plants, and the chair person of the company safety commmittee
and did all of the OSHA and MSHAW trainning as well
Pros
great place thought i was making a great career there
Cons
grew to fast bought to many other companies to close